What is the best substitute for white wine for cooking?

What is the best substitute for white wine for cooking?

White vinegar

why would you substitute it?

This
In order to provide the best substitute, one would need to know the reason why you don't want white wine

mirin?

I'm not alcoholic, I don't feel like spending on a bottle just for cooking

the alcohol cooks off and it is found in many recipes dumdum, it's well worth the 5 dollars

vermouth

Buy it, use it, freeze the rest. If you're cooking something where the flavour of white wine is distinct, like a white wine cream sauce, there's just no good substitution.

irish whisky

>You have to be alcoholic to use wine in cooking
Just stick to McDonalds, champ.

Your posts scream "I'm under 21."

If not then stop being a pussy and get a cheap bottle. There won't be enough (if any) alcohol to even give you the slightest buzz

If you are cooking for 1 or even small portions for two or three, opening a whole bottle of wine is a waste if people aren't going to drink the bottle that evening, or next day. A bottle of wine is a lot of wine for most non-alcoholics to consume in an evening, if you are cooking for an alcoholic or two people that will only have a glass per person, that still leaves the cook with a shot ton of wine that will spoil in 48 hours or less.

I think op has a very fair question. I hate cooking with wine. Generally I dont carr for the taste, but wasting the rest of the bottle is pretty lame too.

For substitute, it might depend on what you are cooking.. But I'd say red wine vinegar or balsamic mixed with apple juice or chicken stock or cranberry juice might be a good sub.

Except it really doesn't cook down all that much. That being said, you probably won't be adding enough to get you drunk or to even taste any alcohol flavor. Don't be a huge faggot, just use it.

>Wine spoiling in 48 hours after opening
>Wine spoiling

I always thought retards were a myth.

Freeze the wine to prevent spoilage, or use a fortified wine. Vermouth or Marsala are the obvious alternatives.

Don't substitute wine with vinegar. The flavours are not interchangeable.

yes it really does almost completely cook out if done properly are you memeing right now?

Wine tastes different 10 minutes after being opened, and its truly nasty swill after 5 hours.

FACT: Only alcoholics drink wine that was opened the day before.

The cheapest bottle I can get is under 30$ where I live

dealcoholized wine is a thing

If you can't buy wine because you're underage, buy cooking wine along with some other groceries at the store.
It's nonalcoholic and you won't have any issues purchasing it, but it pales in comparison to cooking with a decent chardonnay

>t. Alcoholic

And it's under $4.00

Verjuice

where do you live

If I don't finish a bottle an hour after opening it, I just pour it down the drain

Canada, things gotten worse after the dollar went to shit

>not having a coravin hat that injects the wine straight into your mouth
what a pleb, I'm cringing at how much wine you've ruined

>not knowing the origin of the word vinegar

Must be bumfuck canada like Yellowknife

If I buy a bottle of white wine that is to only be used for cooking, how long will it be usable for cooking after I've opened it?