Waiter ignores you the entire time

>waiter ignores you the entire time
>comes with the check and makes small talk in attempts to recoup tip
Great food """service""" everyone

For 90% of the restaurants I go to I really think having a waiter worsens the experience. Just put a pitcher of water on the table and fuck off.

Yea no, the restaurant is full with other people eating and the waitee must serve them too, you are not entitled to having a waiter exclusively for you.

Also, are you openly saying that you dont tip?, enjoy the spits on your food on your next visit.

Be nice people, be nice.

Our Lord tells us so, just be nice.

Why don't we just make robots?

Our Lord tells us that the greatest in heav'n are the ones who serve most. So in a way, your waiter is better than YOU.

I'm okay with that.

Unless I make him sit down and start serving him after tipping him.

You'd better tip her.
Not tipping your waitress is literally rape.

>waiter detected
How about you learn how to do your fucking job?

Just don't tip well then

There's a difference between being busy and shit service.

I seriously can't wait until robots come along and kick out service staff.

In some sushi bars they have a little track which brings food around and you simply take it off the track once it is prepared by the chef.

i noticed that the older i get the worst food service gets. people dont try anymore. they just dick around the whole time playing on their fuckin phones.

I work at Buffalo Wild wings, on break right now actually. I'm a host and these servers make so much fucking money it's insane.

And they still complain about shit, even small tips.

You mean a sushi train?
Japanese people doing it right since the 80's.

>CANT REFILL A SIMPLE GLASS OF WATER

It's rare that I have a waiter ever put my order in correctly. With this age of tech, their job is mostly useless.

For all but the Michelin starred restuarants, tablets with menu information and order/payment routing is all that's needed. Have a few dedicated servers to bring out food/drinks and save massive on overhead from paying waiters.

>tipping

I always tip, but more importantly, I always tip the chef in the back who actually MADE my food. I go to restaurants to eat, not talk to some fuck head waiter. My rule is kitchen gets 2x what I tipped the waiter, not only because they did more (actual) work but because I know they might be splitting it with some other cooks.

I was at Red Robin and they had tablets on the table that you put your order in on. I believe Chili's has them too but I can't say for sure as Chili's is disgusting.

How do you even do that

I usually take cash for tips so I say "this is for you, and give this to the chef"

If the server looks like an untrustworthy person I give it to the manager with instructions to give it to the kitchen.

This is something that I've never gotten. I typically tip around $3 on a $12~ meal, and when I go out to eat I usually go with 3 or 4 other people, who all usually tip probably like a dollar or more than me. So Sally ends up picking up like 18 dollars off my table alone while she's waiting multiple other tables. Now I understand that some people are cheap or w/e but even if me and my friends are tipping above average there is no way these fucks aren't making decent money. I guarantee servers would be crying a lot harder if they had to deal with the actual min wage.

I used to work at a high end restaurant /lounge. Very active night scene. We in the kitchen would be busting our asses making food for 8 - 10 hours and would make about 100-150 a shift. Meanwhile, wait staff and bartenders would be making 600-1500$ A NIGHT just in tips. Nevermind we cook the food, make sure it's perfect and has all the stupid fucking special requests made by picky customers... No, please tip Sally 60$ for carrying it 20 feet. Fuck waiters. It's literally the easiest job in the world.

if it's so easy, then you do it, you fucking faggot

>Waiter takes my order
>Doesn't compliment me on my choice

Easiest way to lose a tip every single time.

>found the waiter
I have done it you simple fuck. It's so boring and unrewarding I literally chose to be a thankless chef instead. You and your kind could be replaced by trained monkies with down syndrome. Kill yourself.

>"""service"""
ignored

Oh no he knows I'm anonymous, next time I wear my mask at a restaurant I will get bad service

just order pizza, it contains all the food groups!

>living in a 3rd world shithole where customers have to contribute to the staff wages so they can afford to live

Is it bad form to not tip someone who refills your drink, even if they aren't actually servers and thus make a normal wage?

I can't wait for robots to replace strippers and prostitutes took
I know I won't be able to afford a 25000 dollars premium unit but I can pay 50 for an hour

Let's clear something up. Servers get paid at least minimum wage. The whole 2.50 an hour thing is a relic of the past and is illegal now.

we tip at restaurants in the Netherlands usually

>It's so boring and unrewarding I literally chose to be a thankless chef instead and cry about not making as much

you and your kind could be replaced by trained guatemalans who work twice as hard and don't have drug or alcohol problems

oh wait that already happens ;)

kekkles

waitstaff is trash tho

> Not entitled to service

You're not the fucking boss, tell your boss that the customer isnt entitled to your service.

Maybe you walked into a place you don't belong in. Usually people don't do that, but it happens sometimes.

Are you kidding me? Every server I've ever worked with has either a pill, coke or alcohol problem (usually all 3) it's why you faggots get so butthurt about "muh tips"

And btw
>Guatemalans cooking fine dining and not being stuck in the dish pit.
Top kek chimp. Do a dance for me next time and I'll tip you an extra nickel.

Yeah nah you're a cunt
Suck my ass
Work in the back for a year and tell me you didn't have it better as a server
Not even the guy you're responding to but you guys are the biggest bunch of annoying entitled moneyblowing stuck up hardly break a sweat faghots I've ever known to bitch about shit. If waiting tables is really tough shit why don't you get a real big boy/girl job

I would rather pay more for my plate so the waiters/waitresses can do they're job right.

I always leave just $5 when I go on a date. The bill can be $40- $50 and I just leave a $5.

Most of the time the servers are so judgemental. They either see a nice looking couple, large nice family and expect a good tip.
OR
A group of friends being loud, ghetto looking people, or someone dressed casual and expect nothing from them or a shit tip.

It's sometimes stressful just paying the bill.

>Walked into a place you don't belong in.
How will you know exactly?

I went into this Lebanese place, last Thursday I think, for lunch and I felt uncomfortable the whole time.

I'm a basketball American male.

>Walked into a place you don't belong in.
>How will you know exactly?

Dark skinned humanoids.

>hispanics
>no drug or alcohol problems
:^)

>having a waiter bother you every 2 mins

fuck that

You are a chump if you think those servers are giving that money to the BOH. They pocket it ma man.

Maybe there's been a growing harshness to your eyes over the years that makes people avoid you more and more.

>pay in cash
>butthurt wait staff has no way to identify me

>I have done it you simple fuck. It's so boring and unrewarding I literally chose to be a thankless chef instead.
So you're not only a whiny bitch, but also retarded. Nice.

I tip higher based on how much you leave me and my dinner date alone. I've given a 50 dollar tip at a Japanese restaurant for only taking my order, and bringing me the receipt at the end. I was able to conversation better with my date. I appreciated it.

Boy am I thankful not having to be a waiter in america.

>wait staff/bar person
>not in US
>one tip jar on counter, pooled amongst employees, shared biweekly
>total tips for last fortnight

>Japanese people doing it right since the 80's.

Japanese ramen joints are GOAT. Almost no interaction whatsoever. Just you and your ramen

That's what I respect. Just let me enjoy the flavor and think.

this is how higher class restaurants should be. you take the order, be polite, bring refills if needed. only required questions and readily available. at a diner tho, i dont see why they would need to be so trained.

Probably because they have shit-all to do if they're not bugging you every 5 minutes.

I really liked how Germany does tips

>get the bill
>13.48 Euro
>14
>Danke
Very carefree and waiters/resses were sometimes surprised when I did that.

Jesus says that great implies serving the most, not the other way around. Maybe this is why you're a waiter.

This applies for almost all the rest of Europe as well.

I don't get how Americans allow waiters to bully them like this. I mean, waiters can't do much about their wage, but at least people could refuse to tip forcing the owners to pay a living wage, but I guess tipping is a dick-measuring competition now.

Enjoy getting your food spitted in if the waiter doesn't like you and your tips.

I normally give 5-10% or nothing, when the waiter is a fucking asshole.

You have this blob of interests, tradition, arguments on both sides that make the other look bad. We've all seen the discussions.

>I don't get how Americans allow waiters to bully them like this.
I actually found American waitservice annoying after being in Germany. Constantly asking you stuff and you're expected to leave almost as soon as you're done with the meal. I found it more relaxing and was able to enjoy the experience.
>but I guess tipping is a dick-measuring competition now.
In America, like you say, you're expected to tip at least 15% of the bill for basic service. This is because if the waiter was paid a higher wage you would pay more on the food itself as a sort of tax on the consumer. So you get to decide whether or not the service was adequate. The problem with this is that it incentivizes waiters to appeal much more to big tables because they will probably give a bigger tip overall. Some places pool tips and some don't.

Sorry I'm drunken rambling but the point of American tipping is that you the consumer can judge how much the service was worth. Shit service? Tip low or don't tip at all. The exact opposite? Drop 25%. The ball's in your court.

I simply like the Euro way more because it's more of a pleasantry and less of a necessity.

>Enjoy getting your food spitted in if the waiter doesn't like you and your tips.
Considering you'd have to be a real douche or eat there twice to get spit I don't think that's valid

I have a sneaking suspicion waiters make a lot more in America, in any half decent place, because of the tipping system, and that's a lot of the reason it still exists

>People that go anywhere expecting a backrub and a blowjob
>Because of these needy pricks the rest of us have to fake smalltalk with an endless army of "service" personnel

Fuck you nerds. Just go some place, get some food and eat it. The enjoyment should be from the atmosphere/the company you bring/flavor of the food.

Oh for sure. It's soul crushing work and that's why it has a high turnover rate, but damn do you make mad cash.

minimum wage if you don't make enough in tips to make at least minimum wage, otherwise it should be 40% of minimum wage is the tip wage.

I don't tip and I'm the only one of my friends that doesn't. Everyone thinks I'm some heartless dick.

I didn't expect tips when I worked for a moving company, I didn't expect tips when I was a cashier. So why should I expect tips as a waiter? Why are these kind of jobs the ONLY place I know of where tipping is even considered? Dude moves all your furniture in/out of your house for you and gets the basic pay from the company he works with. No tip, because that's normal. But holy fuck, Sally or Ashley or whoever the fuck needs a tip because she brought me my plate of pancakes. I really don't get it.

Mr Pink pls

>People that go anywhere expecting a backrub and a blowjob
You're retarded, right? If the waiter wants a tip they gotta do it correctly. It's backrub, then the appetizers, then the spit in my food, then the shit in my drink, THEN blowjob and then they get my tip.

Looking forward to the snotty ass $15 minimum wagers being replaced by payment machines and automation.