Best way to boil a ribeye

Veeky Forums what is the best method to boil a steak? I and my whole family have cooked the majority of steaks this way for my whole life. I had some boiled ribeye with my girl last night and she said it was bland. I also eat grilled steak and I know it's a different taste but I would hardly call it bland. Is there something I could do to make it better like add some spices to the boil etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_beef
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try some salt, Brown sugar and garlic in the water.
How long are you boiling it for?
What temps?

Best way is from a cold start
Salt and pepper the steak
Put in a cold pan with some lemon slices
Fill with cold water enough to cover the steaks
Medium high heat
Just when it starts to simmer, cover the pan and remove from heat
Allow to steep for 45 minutes
Drain, slice, and serve immediately

Couldnt really tell you how long or hot, I just kind of eye it. Guess I need a more uniform system if I wish to improve. I only recently started to enjoy cooking and havent really tried to do anything special with steak, I just grew up eating it this way.

Thanks both of you though. I will try these and see how it turns out.

This is all bait, right?

>not boiling your steak
God, americans are pathetic

Not the OP, but it's funny to see how soberly Veeky Forums addresses this post as opposed to Reddit's butthurt rage towards a similar question.

And people call Veeky Forums the asshole of the internet...

Might as well call it meat stew if your boiling it.

Hard boil it in milk. Serve it with jelly beans.

Boiled beef and carrots,
Boiled beef and carrots,
That's the stuff for your "Derby Kell",
Makes you fit and keeps you well.
Don't live like vegetarians
On food they give to parrots,
Blow out your kite, from Morn 'til night,
On boiled beef and carrots.

the trick is to boil it in only butter at a very high heat.

Steak would probably be pretty edible if you gently poached it in a decent cooking liquor, and that's sort of almost what sous vide is, just with a lot more control. Boiling it will fuck it right up though, internal temp needs to stay below 60C.

make a Bouillon ( broth, herbs, Bouquet garnie, carrots, celery, etc) and softly simmer around 80-90°c ( not boil!) your steak, sirloin, etc in...
and you can eat the vegetable too...
it's a classical recipe...

This thread has been destroyed yet again by wanabe chef fags with their "modern" ideas.
Stick with what you know OP, these clowns will destroy your recipes while sneakily laughing to themselves.

Why is that steak abnormally red?

It's probably some USDA choice CAFO crap that got gassed with carbon monoxide to make it more aesthetically appealing to the lower middle class plebs who consider the purchase of an $11 walmart steak to be the greatest achievement in life

This is the only correct answer you absolute plebians.

Also
>fuck these wop captchas

You need to boil it in milk. This is kinda like how they soak certain organs in milk (liver for example) to remove some of the sharp taste.

If you want boiled beef there are cuts that are WAY better and way cheaper than steak. Generally get the stuff with bone on it and let it simmer with veggies and herbs in some wine or dark beer for 2-3 hours. Its godly. I see no reason to boil steaks.

"boeuf a la ficelle"

poached beef sirloin

>sirloin
Yes?

Do some sort of court bouillon.
Start with cold water, add fresh thyme and rosemary and less than half a glass of wine vinegar.
Let it boil until it gets light brownish on the outside. The inside will be almost raw.
If you want you can finish it in a hot pan to sear the outside. 30 seconds per side would be enough as you don't want to dry it too much.

Not sure if you're trolling. In case you aren't, don't boil your fucking steak. Grill it or pan sear it.

Also when you boil milk it speeds up the fermentation process which helps make the steak more tender. It's kind of like marinating a steak in yogurt, absolute God tier.

This! Complement any (optional) rustic seasoning (garlic, pepper) with lingonberry jam or cherry jelly. Classy af.

I usually poke a hole in it and masturbate with it before I boil it. It loosens the juices.

And I was hoping for at least one sous vide ITT

Maybe osso buco

boiled steak will always be bland and lack that meat flavour. Best thing to do is griddle your steak

I have thoguht this thread was a troll thread until I read the responses.......is boiling steak really a thing?

Yes. Typical british destruction of good food

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_beef

That link has nothing about British people boiling up ribeye like OP, just other cuts.

*Removes monocle and winks countenancing*

When the Japs do it it's the height of fine dining.

But this is a weeabo forum, though.

the fuck is up with all the periods

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

>forum
Hello, newfag.

>2038
>not sous vide everything

Boiling steak like a retard
Gotta be a bait thread
Also I'm not American

>YEH GATTAH SEAR YE MEAUT IN LAHTS OF BUTTUR, LAHK THEAM FLAYVUHRS IN, AINT NO YOOROPOOR I TELL YOO WHUT IN THE GOOD OL U S OF A WE DIN DUN DONT DO NO OF THAT HERE BOILIN GATTAH MAKE IT DELICIOUS AND DIABETIC

Typical Americans. Calling bait just because people don't like frying their steak in 5lbs of butter. I mocked your stupid way of pronouncing words.

Technically this is a forum though.

Daniel?

Can I boil it in ketchup?

It's like a marinade, right?

All memes and 'zza aside, Veeky Forums is easily the most civil board

He's doing his best to sound condescending.

Why do you do this?

>Not knowing what a forum is

>spacker

I don't think I've ever seen that word outside of IRL before.