What's the most expansive meal you've had?

What's the most expansive meal you've had?

Technically the buffet, as the food expands across multiple rows of tables.

Kekkekkek

I ate several pound of freeze dried fruit once as a kid. It was physical painful until I threw up.

Fuck you, astronauts. Double fuck you to NASA.

Michael Jordan steakhouse in Grand Central Terminal.

$115 lamb chops.

Sides were extra and ranged from $10-30.

Was it worth the price?

no.

>Implying any one meal is worth 115$

I went to a fancy-ish resturaunt in Seattle for a family birthday. Was pretty nice, had a tomato braised meat dish on creamed spinach, a sunchoke soup and these little donut bites on a huckleberry and espresso sauce.

>expansive
2 tabs of acid the other night

>expensive
Ruth's Chris in Vegas. I remember some killer lamb and steak fries you could kill a vampire with. 8 or 9 years ago. Paid $150 or so. Worth it imo.
>expansive
Probably the buffet. I only go once every year or two, and the day before I drink a lot of water and eat light the day of. I probably put way too much thought into this.

lobster. wasnt worth the money

If you spend more than 50 dollars in a meal, it will not worth it

€50 for surf and turf in the centre of Amsterdam.

Lobster was and always will be peasant food.

i paid about 100$ für a piece of 400 to 500g (a small half lobster). wassnt bad but not 100$ worth. next time i take a fucking steak

I've had a $50 steak before and i have to say it was different from any other steak i've had. The marbling was next-level.

>being this poorfag

£600ish for 2 at Umu on the kaiseki with sake pairings the other week. We've spent that kind of money on meals quite a few times. Generally yes, worth it.

Rofl no offense but i dont give af where you live, lobster should never be more than $15 per lobster to be honest

I've never had lobster that was significantly better than regular lobster

its quite normal where i live couse there is no fucking sea around and lobsters are very unusual here. maybe thats the reason why these motherfuckers are here so expensive

Sponge cake

Probably a tasting menu somewhere. The portions are tiny but after the 7th course it starts adding up.

Feel sorry for you bro, lobster rolls are amazing and it would suck if each one was like $20

Lobster and pasta is also god-tier

$50. Venison loins, sunchoke canneloni which was quite possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten in my life, and juniper berry sauce. It was fantastic. I would absolutely get it again but it's a seasonal thing and the place does not have venison on the menu right now sadly but my god, words cannot do that meal justice you would have to taste it for yourself. I am a firm believer that properly prepared venison is the best meat and excels beef, lamb, chicken, and anything else.

>expansive
Went out for seafood at a Cantonese joint with a rich Chinese guy who wanted to show off. The meal was ten courses of different seafood dishes. Felt like I'd eaten everything from the ocean by the end of that meal.

>dining with rich Chinese guys
This is the best thing ever
My parents are friends with a couple that ended up starting a business that now controls a huge % of a certain class of consumer goods
About once a year we have dinner with them in these totally random spots that look normal, but when we go with them the secret doors open and there's a special dining room with white tablecloths and it's endless crazy seafood stuff that tastes amazing. I've tried to google the names of dishes a few times but I come up with nothing because I guess there is no translation
I tried to pay one time because I feel like a leech, our host said something in Chinese and the waiter literally pried the check from my hands and gave it to him, but I saw what it was and I was secretly relieved
It ended up being like $350 for four people, no alcohol (other than like 2 beers). This is a place where the white people menu doesn't go much above $15

Eggs Woodhouse

gibs me dat

$250 for two people at The Fish Market in San Diego.

The Chinese seafood show off thing is legit. I would never do it on my own dime, because it's excessive. But when I go out to those kinds of places I do order the dishes I remember them doing well. Some stuff doesn't male much sense to me, like sea cucumber or abalone, but the stuff that does, like steamed eel, clams in black bean sauce, sizzling sable and crab with sticky rice is some of my favorite food of all time.Fuck, even the jellyfish salad is good.

Wait, Michael Jordan has a restaurant? Funny that he does since I recall reading that he's really obnoxious to the waitstaff and is known as a shitty tipper.

he's good at getting people's money in his pockets so a pay-out-of-your-ass steakhouse sounds right up his alley.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i dont remember your mother being that expensive

>expansive
Golden corral. It was very expansive. Probably 6-8 wide tables of food all laid out

My ex wife and I went to Per Se in NYC for her 28th birthday; $1,500 for 4 before tip and we got a crazy deal on the wine because we worked at a comparable restaurant at the time and the staff knew us.
It was very good. My coffee was forgotten and when I pointed it out the server said something like "Oh it's coming" and rushed to go start it from scratch. Don't bullshit a bullshitter!

it was probably a night of drinking and tapas with main courses sprinkled in and deserts too. it came out to about $389 usd plus tips about $50 ish bucks.
it was absolutly worth it but only because it lasted about 7 hours then the group i was with hit the clubs where i paid 0 and got hammered then a 4* hotel for sunday wich also got taken care of by a kind soul. then $50 for breakfast. definitely one of my most entertaining and memorable weekends

Uncle bough me and 10 other people $110 steak dinners at a restaurant in michigan, and tipped the servers $400
Hes from the family that originally sold san pellegrino water, and is still somehow involved but i dont know the details, but ive seen his house and cars so i know its true

Either the time I got a $50 lobster from some fancy restaurant whose name I can't remember, or the time we got literally like 200 pieces of chicken from KFC.

Both times were with my dad's best friend, who is both a retired doctor and high as fuck all the time.

I ate a family combo at a sushi place with a bottle of sake

The young guy making the food looked disgusted

>flaunting on anonymous image board

The food was good but not worth the money.

Really what you're paying for is the setting.

Sushi for 2 in Ginza for about $150. Bretty good

80-90kg Feral Pig i shot and dressed.

>600 quid for fish and rice wine

you can get a decent hooker for about 200 m8, save yourself some money and get a shag then go to the chippy

That one time when I tried to make an apple pie.

Most expansive meal, OP? Sure, I'll tell ya. Must have been living under a rock not to hear about it.

We were a peaceful, folk, us lot. Minding our business. We had our little chunk of the plate. The Greens, we called ourselves. Not the most flashy group but we held our own, and everyone knew we helped everyone get along.
Next to us was the meat-they were a nice bunch of guys. Very different culture and ways, but the two of us got along well.

There were some other little subgroups, the spices, the sauces-they had their place and we all happily held our own.
Then they came.
It started off small, at first. We saw them being eaten from afar, parts of full meals half way round the world. Interesting, but foreign. Suddenly, they arrived on our plate.
The pasta.
There was no end to them, like they felt they had more right to dominate a meal. Piling on top of us, hordes of twists, tubes and shaped monstrosities drowning us in their soggy bulk.
Long strings of them roped through our lands like veins of oversoaked horror, laying waste to our once well balanced ratios and areas.

We tried to hold 'em off, the bastards. Tried our damn best.
But it turned out, resistance was fusilli.

Most expansive meal? The fucking pasta, OP.

Idk if most valuable equals most expensive

Nice though ameribro.

not sure if pasta but I enjoyed this

thanks m8

a few beers...

18 years later i still pay the bill

$30+ Lobster from the Test Kitchen in Boston.

It was fresh caught. Can't really ruin a good lobster, just cook it and serve with melted butter. It was quite good.

> >...pasta

I thought expansive was literal, as in big.

>expansive
>check op
>Kek
I love you more now

Eleven Madison Park. Tasting menu plus wine pairings totaled close to $500 per person.

My buddy and I go about once a month to pic related in Paris. Usually comes to about 100-150 euros per person which is the most tI've personally put in a meal (including a cigar at the end of the meal). Definetly worth it

Forgot pic

*Forgot pic, sorry I'm a retard.

Atelier 12 Course Tasting Menu
$110 + 75 for wine pairing (cdn)

It was an experience and some of the dishes were really stunning but i don't think i'd return.

I had a rijsttafel in Amsterdam one time, where they lined up a couple dozen dishes down the table from mildest to hottest. It was pretty expansive.

It's sad that you've been this deprived of good food in your life to bitterly think this.

>inb4 i've eaten at 20 different michelin star restaurants and make 300 grand a year, it's just never been worth it

Duh dum tsch