What are the best books by Philip K. Dick?

What are the best books by Philip K. Dick?

I too, like the dick.
valis, ubik, martian time slip.

God, that's tough, I don't know, probably none of them? Bitch...

The Man in the High Castle

I once went on a date with another man. I mentioned I enjoy reading, and he asked me what I was currently reading. I told him about Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said, adding that I'm "a big Dick fan."

I don't even like Dick that much, but it seemed like an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Dick sucks

there's nothing quite like ubik. if anyone knows of a similar book I'd love to read it

Gona steal this for when I finally gain some confidence and start dating dudes.

Have any of you guys seen that TV show version of High Dick Castle on Amazon Prime™? They've changed a lot, and moved a lot around, but I thought it was alright overall. The actor they chose makes for a good weeb shopkeep, and once it dawned on me why they used film instead of the book, I thought it was pretty clever

Undoubtedly, Ubik is his masterpiece. Then again, I haven't read all 500000 of his novels.

I've read Valis, Ubik, Time Out of Joint, The Man in the High Castle, The Divine Invasion, Flow My Tears, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, A Scanner Darkly, Now Wait for Last Year, Minority Report, and now reading A Maze of Death, and I can't say I have a favorite that to me stands above all the rest but I find it an enjoyable experience to read him.

You're on the wrong board if you're reading like that.

On with ye.

>they used film instead of the book, I thought it was pretty clever

i thought so, too, but it falls flat in the end.
all in all the series is more like tom clancy's man in the high castle anyway, and while it superficially has a lot in common with pkd's novel, the series fails to address the themes that make the novel so great

Yeah but it has great Nazis and GOAT chill Adolf

High as dick in the ass castle.

I like three stigmata the best

Yeah, I'd completely agree: its not PKD. With "adaptations" like these I try not to look at what they did wrong from the book, since I'm
kind of person who gets upset at that. From a neutral, Tom Clancy, perspective with a lot of nods to the book, I'd say its alright (for what it is)

Did you feel like there were things that wouldn't have been clear if you hadn't read the book? Like for example a lot of the shopkeep's motives. His hots for the jap chick ain't hard to follow, and neither his turn face hate for them after the dinner. But without that inner weeb monologue it just feels estranged, somewhere awkward between not falling into the normal movie clichés and leaving it to "interpretation". He comes off as really random

I wonder if having a collection of films showing all the ways your army gets crushed and killed is enough to "chill" a guy. Especially if all you do is watch them all day. I'd say John takes the GOAT for the Nazis. Trade Minister is best girl

Eye In The Sky
Time Out Of Joint
The Man In The High Castle
Martian Time-Slip
The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Ubik
A Scanner Darkly
Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
Radio-Free Albemuth
VALIS
The Transmigration of Timothy Archer

I have not read all of his work, so there may be others.

I read damn near his entire bibliography in middle school. 2/5.

>A Scanner Darkly
Highly recommend the audiobook version read by Paul Giamatti

>The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
My favorite of his (out of the ones I've read.)
I'm torn between reading it again and reading the rest of his bibliography. Fantastic book. Probably a huge inspiration for the Matrix movies.

I noticed somone reuploaded some of the audiobooks back on youtube and I can't wait to be a lazy piece of shit and have some of his works read to me again.

Reading like what?