Who else /blameparentsfornotprovidingforpatricianchliterature/ here?

Who else /blameparentsfornotprovidingforpatricianchliterature/ here?
Seriously, why weren't they in possession of a fully stocked world lit tier library?

you sound exactly like the pathetic child you've posted. are you dead? no. then no one is stopping you from picking up a book. Get off Veeky Forums and actually read instead of shitposting here.

i'm a millenial who's starting to agree that we are the worst generation

I doesn't really matter.

I grew up with a big ass bookshelf full of great literature. Never picked up a single book. Refuse to borrow anything from my piece of shit father. Buy all of my books new so I can have my own library, full of my own book. Fuck you dad.

>tfw raised by librarians with access to a near limitless number of books

screw you dude, I'm happy I was taught to read by the welfare state gatekeepers of knowledge rather than by bourgeois types who wear their books like family heirlooms of status. There's no need for pretence if one accepts the fact that all knowledge is borrowed and transient. If you didn't feel such injustice at not being spoonfed 'patrician' fiction maybe you'd be less of an ungrateful brat

I blame my parents for being shitty parents, and I can tell you that some of my patrician spoonfed acquaintances would also blame their parents for being shitty parents, regardless of their nominal advantages.
It's a very sad thought when you see someone tagging along their parents' footsteps only because nobody had ever taught them any better, i.e. to give some thought as to who they actually were as an individual human being, and where their actual talents and aspirations may lie, and how to test them out and develop them.
It further leads to a shallow emotional life in general, and it can only ever breed a covert disdain for a field of work in a person, no matter how much competitiveness in the field you might have achieved. (Or in fact, it might even only gets worse the further you achieve)

Would you really take a gamble on your parents possibly ruining literature (and your life) like this for you?
Of course, this doesn't apply to every particular case of patrician spoonfeeding, nor may it even be the norm, but there's definitely a much higher frequency of it occuring when your parents are actually established in a certain field than when they're pseud plebs. (because a child can see much easier through that)

just to clarify that first senence, I'm not a spoonfed patrician in this story. I'm a child of a pseud, but I argue that there are worse thing to be.

You are really fucking dumb, op.
>libraries don't exist
Besides, kids can barely understand "patrician literature".

>millenial
this, I was taking a selfie the other day and while posting it with a complaint about how gloomy the 2000s were from the war on terror I realized how our generation has no idea about the real consequences of our own action in todays world. nothing learned

My dad gave me Earthsea, Borges and Tolkien, among others.

So no.

This is, sadly, true. Partially due to just lack of knowledge (a lot of allusions won't make sense). I read Black Beauty as a straight-up horse story. And that's not *exactly* "patrician literature", although it's still a good children's book.

Holy shit.

I sound like a fucking pillock. I sound like you guys when *you* sound like fucking pillocks. What the fuck happened.

I read like a damn Yahoo comment.

BORN
IN
THE
WRONG
GENERATION

>tfw 10 years old
>used to read edgar allan poe at 9
>read erotic novels
>mistery too
>tfw wants to buy Maquiavelo's prince
>"uh, honey, i think that's too complicated for you to read"
>dafuqdidyousay.gif
>instead i got a random book about a prostitute in love with god
>tfw teacher spoils the shit out of the book and says exactly what you think about it.

i never read it because i got really dissappointed about my levels of reading comprehension thinking that it might be a complicated book, in the end i got to read it and understood it perfectly.

>read erotic novels

The real tragedy is the public school system. My parents did a much better job inspiring and encouraging me to learn

Reading erotic novels "for what purpose"? Are you fucking serious? Do you not have genitals?

Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days.

>ten years old

I read moby dick and Don Quixote when I was 12, not because my parent made me, but because the books were just sitting on their shelves and I heard their names before.

>blaming others for your stupidity

They had pretty nice plots.

>tfw parents pretended it was normal to read classics to your kids
>tfw other kids

lmao

I just went to the library with my gf.

Parents are our first betrayers.

I was translating oscar wilde to spanish when i was nine years old.
top that bitches

So where are you guys published? Would love to read some of your stuff.

Pic related I suppose then. You sound like a spoiled brat. I wish something like this could crack the top 100 list of problems I have with them.

my family is christian and provided me with the most patrician text of all time

>pic unrelated as it was the complete works of plato

At what point do we stop blaming that which has affected us? Do we blame our grandparents for raising up a people who would thus not read philosophy and good literature? Do we blame our society? Do we blame the universe?

Mi bueno SeƱor