Eat healthy for months

>eat healthy for months
>maintain proper weight
>often get urges to massively overeat shitty unhealthy food like cheese, chips and salami

How do I suppress these cravings? The more I fight them, the worse it gets.

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/sea-salt/faq-20058512
whattoexpect.com/wom/family-life/0412/snack-food-science-suggests-why-potato-chips-are-so-addictive.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stop buying those foods

smoke cigarettes

And drink coffee
Appetite suppressant match made in heavan

eat fruit

i always have a ton of peaches to eat

Taze yourself every time your cravings take over.

The punishment will make you fear tasty foods.

Bulimic fag here, junk food is made to taste fucking awesome so that's no wonder and restricting yourself from it makes you remember how much you missed it. The simplest way to restrain yourself from it is just not putting them into your mouth hole, normie.
Worked out for me for some time, but I'm weak, always bored and depressed so welp.
If op has a really healthy diet (not restricting his calories on skely level) then that's pointless. It's a mental issue.

You can do that once a week or less. Actually it is good for your metabolism.

I did that, worked for a few weeks but then I started relapsing.

There's nothing worse than going back to the store going "Hey, refund all these snacks" in front of that 10/10 qt.

That's a lot of sugar you know

If you give youself a "cheatmeal" time to time it is easier to maintain helthy diet.

Don't fight it. Have those things every once in a while, ans eat a healthy diet the rest of the time. That's how a reasonable human being eats.

Eating unhealthy foods *occasionally* is 100% fine regarding both health and weight. I would almost even claim it's "stupid" not to eat unhealthily on occasion.

If we're talking about less frequently than once/week, just do it. It won't make you fat or unhealthy if you eat properly the rest of the time.

Cheat days, user.

I like to dedicate the entire weekend to it. Still lose weight.

Brother! What was your last binge?

All you need to eat is Pizza™, it contains all the food groups!

Don't do this. It does work, but you're gonna be getting hooked on cigs and spending like 20-30 bucks a week on packs.

You might as well inject Heroin.
Works a lot better and it's much easier to quit.

Don't listen to these stupid fucks. They probably never were fat.

Drink water, eat some vegetables and get busy with something to distract youself.

this is actually a product you can buy. a little wristband you wear all day and give yourself a little shock when you have cravings.

[spoiler]i want one [/spoiler]

honestly I drink a couple of my favorite hard liquor which serves to put some fire in my belly and shift my mindset enough to put food out of mind

>reminder that a pint of 5% alcohol beer is 200 calories
>reminder that a shot of whiskey is 100 calories

i'm on a diet and i had 1200 calories just in alcohol saturday night. alcohol sucks

You can eat whatever you want, just watch your calories.

How are people really this retarded. I will never understand how smokers reach such retarded levels of cigarette consumption. I smoke a pack a week and even then I feel disgusting for having 3 cigs in a day.

If you've only been eating healthy for months, those urges will keep coming back and for a while. Your body has simply gotten used to shitty food and it'll take more than a few months to get rid of that craving. I've been off of soda for years now. I think I started getting off of it almost 10 years ago. But it hasn't been until the past few years where I literally don't have any desire for them most of the time. The times that I have, the desire is less strong each time. So, you're basically addicted to shit and it'll just take a long time for it to become a distant memory your body forgets.

nice try satan

eating whatever you want and only watching your calories will kill every organ in your body slowly

food is more than about your weistline

Or you could vape. Just don't do it in public.

Pros
>cheaper
>pure nicotine no TSAs
>can tinker with it
>very east to quit, takes 2 weeks of withdrawals and you're free
Cons
>look like a fag in public

>Wanting to live a longer life

What the fuck is wrong with you?

its not about "getting used to it"

when youre living on a vegan diet you have to include healthy fats to your diet to keep you full avocados almonds coconuts olives olive oil coconut oil organic butter

and a fuck load of it . healthy. fat.

to replace all the other fat you were eating with the meat and the cheese

so you can still be full

but everyone is scared of fat thats the problem

i put 2 tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee in the morning

you will instantly feel like you wont need to eat for a long time after that

also put pure fiber on every food you eat
it comes in several forms i use ground flaxseed
just dump like an entire boat load on my salad on there keep your stomach full because plain straight up leaves arent gonna do it for anybody also i use probably 5 tbsp of olive oil very very generous

>nicotine is less addictive than nicotine
Sure buddy

There are a load of maoi's in tobacco. The only active substance in tobacco is not nicotine

i also put braggs apple cider vinegar on every salad i make

acv contains pectin which makes you feel full
very rapidly

like if you use a lot youll take 2 bites and be full

man the fuck up, son.

There are lots of chemicals in cigarettes that are addictive besides nicotine

Its not about prolonging your life its to mitigate the suffering of disease

disease isnt just an overnight death

its a long drawn out process of suffering

when your heart feels like its going to explode every 2 seconds and you start breathing really heavy

it doesnt feel so good

That's what I've been struggling with myself. The cravings just make me feel like a God damn animal, I can't concentrate or focus on shit while I'm craving a bag of chips or some stupid shit. I don't know how to beat it. I've given up alcohol before, it was piss easy, but I can't beat this and I don't know where to turn for help.

eat something else

potatoes are not good for you

learn to make healthy food taste good and run to the benefit food for your escape

nobody has ever taught you that way of life so you dont understand it

theres nothing inherent about the chips that you NEED its the fucking salt and fat you want

so put salt and fat on something like a salad

Sometimes you just need something salty.

also if you really need salt make sure you use sea salt that hasnt been processed

it hasnt been stripped of its beneficial minerals

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/sea-salt/faq-20058512

T R A C E
R
A
C
E

These. It's not that you really want potato chips, it's that you really want SALT and FAT. Your body is screaming MORE SALT, MORE FAT, MORESALTMOREFATMORESALTMOREFAT and your brain is going JESUS CHRIST STOP YELLING I CAN'T THINK FUCK UH OK FUCK WHAT HAS SALT AND FAT THOSE THINGS THOSE FUCKING 'TATO THINGS EAT THOSE YOU FUCKO

Your brain associates Potato Chips with salt and fat. So you crave potato chips, because they have salt and fat.

I have to give up carbs while I'm doing keto, which isn't too bad but it's still pretty annoying. It really just comes down to willpower for the most part, or finding substitutes. I eat riced cauliflower now instead of just rice. Is it the same? Hell no, but it's close enough for me, and as long as my weight keeps going down I'm happy.

Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

not only that but its too easy to grab a bag of chips and eat it immediately with no effort

you kind of have to leave that shit out of the house because you will inevitably eat it

dont buy it

i have problems with certain foods that are just toxic for me because theres no stopping me

so i dont get them and i never had a problem

You don't need to use nicotine. I dont, and it helps me very well. I've got key lime pie flavor right now. Next up is raspberry, then strawberry kiwi.
I'm about to start making my own ejuice, though, it's awesome that I'm losing weight and not eating junk, but the only good shop near me is expensive.

rice sucks dude i would rather eat riced cauliflower any day

every food on keto is so fucking good i dont know how you can get bored

im a full raw vegan im not bored im only just now discovering new things

Lower carb intake, increase fat and protein. If you keep it under 100 grams you WILL be ome fit as fuck. Dont go below 50 though, as you will become retarded.

It will also improve your digestion.

quitting shit food is WAY harder for me than quitting cigarettes, and ive been normal weight or lower my whole life. i have the same overeating fantasies. this weekend i went out of town away from people who knew i was trying to eat right and immediately went to a taco bell and dropped 10 dollars on burritos and when i ate 2 of them and was full i finished the rest.

I liked the nicotine at first but I quickly became needy of it.

Eh, I keep mine below 20g daily and haven't had any issues

Indulge yourself once in a while. Like once per two weeks. Don't obsess over it, don't make a whole day out of it, just set aside a day to eat some damn chips and salami and don't sweat the amounts too much.

This works. When you tell yourself you CAN'T have something you immediately want it that much more. But if you get into a pattern of eating indulgent food once in a while you don't miss it so much because you know before too long you'll be having it again.

Start counting calories.

Buy single servings and work on moderation. You gotta work on this shit the same way you get into anything new

whattoexpect.com/wom/family-life/0412/snack-food-science-suggests-why-potato-chips-are-so-addictive.aspx

Cheat days are honestly important. It's a lot easier to behave yourself if you know you can have one designated day from time to time to pig out on anything you want. As long as you maintain your calorie averages over the long run, there's no harm to it.

Give in like i did, day 4 of carb binge and i'm 20 pounds heavier and loving (hating) it

i barely eat and i'm still fat

being an alcohol is awesome

The trick is to eat more carbs and more sugary foods, both concentrated natural sugars and some refined sugar. Although I was never overweight, eating more sugar has completely killed my desire to buy or eat greasy/salty unhealthy junk food, and I know that this is the case for many other people on higher-sugar diets. The important part is to ignore all these obese diabetic keto people who are so oblivious to nutrition that they will consistently call high-fat junk foods "sugary" or "carbs" (like chocolate, ice cream, cookies, burgers etc. which are 50%+ calories from fat).

Just abstain from grease - there are plenty of studies that show sustained reduction of dietary fat and refined fat over time kills the (trained) preference for fatty foods. Unlike fat, sugar as a nutrient isn't unhealthy, although refined sugar is still empty calories - good natural sugars is stuff like applesauce, tomato paste, banana puree, etc. Sugar is quickly self-limiting anyway because excessive sweetness becomes unpleasant, so feel free to add a tablespoons of refined sugar here and there

Here's yet another example of an obese person on a high-fat binge calling it a carb binge. Did this person eat a lot of rice and potatoes? A lot of fruits and vegetables? A lot of plain white bread? No, of course this person ate FATTY junk food and NOT carbs. See, that's my point, obese people can't even identify distinguish between carbs and fat, which is of course why they're obese

>Eat all the sugar
>Cardio time
Weeeeeeeeee

Honestly that's why I prefer to smoke weed

My maintenance weight is 160 and I literally mean carbs of all kinds considering I don't eat them in my normal diet