Hey Veeky Forums what's the best way to prepare a good cut of pork tenderloin?

Hey Veeky Forums what's the best way to prepare a good cut of pork tenderloin?

more importantly, why is that garnished?

Is it to be served just like that?

Alton Brown's pork wellington is pretty solid, and will ensure that the pork is still moist at the end.

why are there always little pieces of garnish next to raw meat in these photos?

I recently read about making saucisson with it.

Gonna need to add a shit ton of extra fat.

Pork tar tar served to you by Patrick Anosis.

dry rub and a good smoke

Souvlaki

last time I seared one in sesame seed oil, deglaze with mirin and then I cut it length wise a few inches deep and stuffed in mustard greens, spinach, garlic and ginger. tied with twine and roasted until done.

It was cut an inch thick and served on roasted potatoes (Jasmine rice would have been a better call)

>smoking something that lean

Deep fried.

Smother it in sliced onions and sliced granny smith apples. bake for a hour at 400 and serve with a carb and a green (ie rice and asparagus). Fucking GOAT.

Isnt the beef in beef jerky super lean?

Sous vide to 140F then finish in a hot skillet with butter, shallot, and herbs.

Or... you could dice it, season with cumin and some cinnamon, and serve it as tacos in a flour tortilla with pico and feta cheese. Shit tastes so good.

Beef jerkey is dehydrated, which is different from smoking. The fat gets really shitty in beef jerkey, that's why it's lean.

Is it actually a good cut, or is it just a pork tenderloin?

I wouldn't choose to pay top dollar for pig, but I do love getting a tenderloin on sale and stuffing it with jalapenos and cheese, wrapping it in bacon, and roasting it in the oven.

Serve with mashed potatoes and something green and leafy.

Pictured: the optimal stuffing method for good distribution.

I'm not so much surprised as I am disappointed that no one yet has suggested pork tendies. I hope you just made an oblique reference to them.

I'm going to do some buffalo style tomorrow.

Going to double bread, pan fry, then coat with hot sauce/butter mixture.

Buffalo pork tendies, if you will.

I dunno about best but my favorite is wrapped in bacon. Tenderloin doesn't have much fat so the bacon keeps it moist and adds some flavor.

I used to work for whole foods in the butcher block. The standard method was to cut it like pic related, and either rub it with garlic/parsley and oil, stuff it with mozzarella, tomato, and spinach, roll it back up and secure with toothpicks, or do the same thing but with basil pesto instead of the garlic/parsley/oil. Salt and pepper the outside, or season it with a dry rub If you like. It was all made to order really.

Chop and fry for tonkatsu

Not anybody has a subconcision of steel from years of observing gay guro negoes on /b/. It's scary without obvious food nearby. Imagine it to be a flower for example.

Cut it this way: 1/3 from the top of the loin make a cut from the right side along its length, do the same on the left side 1/3 on the bottom of the loin. You should now have a sheet of meat. Spread the filet with Gorgonzola or Blue or goat cheese and place a couple of sprigs of rosemary roll it up and tie it with kitchen twine, s&p, sear the outside of it and pop it in the oven to finish. Make a mustard sauce from the fond.

(Remove the Rosemary before slicing for service)

Season and sous vide at 55C or so for two or three hours, followed by a short sear in a spanking hot pan.

le german way

Sous vide with spices.

Cook up a thick sauce and put them in, cooking them for a little bit more to get rid of most of the pink.

Amazing.

The recipe called for basically just curing the tenderloin.

Brown the tenderloin in a pan and then coat it with salt, pepper and mustard. Put it in an oven-tray or whatever and put in 1 litre of stock (veggie is pretty gud), 4 cloves of garlic, an onion, cumin and chili flakes (i prefer chipotle for the smoky flavor).

Slap in oven on 125C and leave it there for 30-60 minutes. If everything goes right, youll end up with juicy and tender pork that has a strong meaty flavour. Boil down the sauce left in the pan and thicken it with some flour, i also strain out the garlic and onion, though you could mash those in.

Serve with mash, taters and sweet taters combo works the best for this dish.

10/10