What do you keep on hand for those times when you can't be bothered to cook?

What do you keep on hand for those times when you can't be bothered to cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lPX5b9m7ro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

Frozen felafel.

Money

Frozen breakfast burritos. Use them (obviously) for when I don't get enough time to cook before work.

Bagels, peanut butter, and bananas. Amazing combo.

Otherwise cereal and milk.

gotta add a tomato though

Those instant meals in little cardboard boxes

Do these pies completely encase the filling? Pies where its just a lid of pastry should not be called pies.

>raw

why do they do this. i fucking hate meat thermometers.

frozen pizza
premade/stuffed ravioli or tortellini
humbow

a loaded gun

a pack of pitta bread, a couple pots of hummus, one bag of carrots and one pack of celery

I don't want to be a fatass anymore

Tuna, mayo/mustard, cheese. Not very often I end up doing that, but it keeps me going when I'm too lazy to go grocery shopping.

The only good crust is the top part though. The bottom crust is just soggy dough.

I prefer to get a McChicken between the two patties of a double cheeseburger, especially when I'm hungover.

>I don't want to be a fatass anymore

that's all carbs, bub

eat more protein and healthy fat if you don't want to be skinny fat

Carbs aren't the devil everyone makes them out to be. There are good carbs and bad carbs just like there's good fat and bad fat. As long user gets his carbs from shit like potatoes, rice and wholegrain breads instead of chips, fries and donuts, as well as exercising instead of just hoping a diet change will fix everything, he'll be fine.

[spoiler]Calories in. Calories out.[/spoiler]

Basically. The biggest fallacy is that there's foods that will magically fix you. You can eat whatever you want as long as you're getting enough exercise to negate it.

Shit, that's how foods like hamburgers and cornish pasties came into existence. They're meals high in fat, protein and carbohydrates conceived by people whose days were long and full of physical exertion.
Fun but unrelated trivia: cornish pasties also have that thick crust because they were the staple food of tin miners, who frequently encountered arsenic which commonly occurs alongside tin deposits. The crust was held with the fingertips and the filled center was eaten, then the crust was discarded to avoid the miners contracting arsenic poisoning.

Pizza™!

It contains all the food groups!

kill yourself

instant noodles and dumplings

Make me, Pussy™!

do you make a mix then freeze it into balls for frying later?

or have they been fried then frozen?

or is this something pre-made in the freezer section that I don't know about

>is this something pre-made in the freezer section that I don't know about
They're available in the middle eastern supermarket near me. They're labeled as half cooked. Heat some oil in a pan and toss them in frozen, let them go for a few minutes a side. While they're frying make a tahini sauce with garlic, salt and lemon juice, assemble some bread and salad stuff, maybe some pickles,too, and you're good to go.

The brand I get is Ziyad.

>The only good crust is the top part though. The bottom crust is just soggy dough.

The soggy part of the pie crust the best bart.

Besides, you’re supposed to break up the pie crust and mix up the pot pie after nuking it.

might as well just buy pot pie soup if you're gonna do that.

Simply ebin

traders joes chana marsala.

Broccoli. Just wet and microwave that shit for a minute. The whole head or half a head. Crunchy and fine.

amphetamines

That's gotta be like a whole 50 calories.

I get these on sale for like $1. I usually add some extra toppings before cooking

They aren't really that good, but i like the crispy, flaky crust, and they remind me of when i was a kid sharing them with my brother and sister during for lunch during summer break

Mahnigguh

>It's the year 2000 + 10 + 6
>Not having your own automatically-operated meth lab and having good reserves of your own product for emergency situations.

Money. I will go somewhere and buy food.

rice and pork patties, poorfaggy

Keep some in the freeze. Nuke for 8 minutes, add a tin of tuna, or baked beans & cheese.

>Pies where its just a lid of pastry should not be called pies.
They're just stews with a hat on.

That actually was a very fun fact. Half my family are Cornish and i didn't know that.
Amazing what you learn shitposting in your undies in the mid-afternoon

This is truth. Im from the UP of MI USA, and pasties are a way of life due to the Cornish miners who migrated here, except it was lead that was the danger

I always got like 2 packs of 18 burrito wraps and i always cook a little extra roast chicken or have some cooked mince / cold cuts available to mix with cheese, hotsauce and make something to have a nice feed.

It's practically a 3 night a week meal for me at this point.

We /McGangbang/ Bois Now.

Filling and tasty, expensive for canned soup though.

>ready baked jacket potato

bin yourself

Microwave veggie rice, tin of tuna or sardines.

You're missing out on the best soup in the line.

Campbell's condensed tomato soup and crushed red pepper

Glad you liked it, user.

As a little extra, the original miner's pasty was filled on one half with the traditional meat, potato, onion and swede, while the other half was instead filled with sweetened fruit such as you might find in a fruit pie. The idea was that you were getting all your necessary foods in one pastry-wrapped package, which makes sense, because I doubt it was done for flavour. I can't imagine fruit pie cooked in the same crust as meat and veg would taste particularly good.

I didn't know that. That's pretty neat. I knew pasties had made the leap across the pond from a novel I read once, but I didn't know they kept their original function in the new environment.

Pies without a bottom are cobblers

Either cereal if I'm not hungry or chef boyardee if I am. And tuna, tons of tuna.

If I absolutely don't feel like cooking and have nothing on hand then I pick up Publix fried chicken on my way home. Always hits the spot and I can always make multiple meals out of it.

i live right next to a supermarket so its no problem

You go shopping when you don't feel like cooking?

This. With whatever bread I have on hand, Ritz crackers as backup. That or home made pork jerky.

the fact that NOBODY has mentioned ling ling potstickers is ABSOLUTELY HARAM

Egg dishes. poached or 12 minute eggs.

I heat up a thawed sandwich-sized ziploc of stew.

I store multiple types of soup and stew in the freezer in single-serve bags, and then thaw a few in the fridge for the next few day's consumption. It is a good system.

Chicken corn chowder and loaded baked potato are good ones. Potato mixes well into other applicable things. I wish they could get these down to $2.

I just toss in granola with some vanilla yogurt.

>Besides, you’re supposed to break up the pie crust and mix up the pot pie after nuking it.

They're much better if you actually cook them in that new-fangled thing called an oven.

That's literally why it's called a pot pie, because the pot makes the bottom part of the pie.

kys

> Expending bazillions of BTUs of energy using a huge ass oven
> Paying bazillions of dollars for those BTUs
> Heating up your entire house
> for one pot pie.

>Campbell's condensed tomato soup and

>he doesn't have a toaster oven
Point and laugh.

fugggggg

I don't have a toaster oven, either. Or a microwave. Never had any use for either, but then again I never buy heat and eat meals. When I'm too lazy to cook I go out to eat.

While you boil, fry them lardons with onions. drain the perogies, keep em in the pot and add the lardonion mix, grease and all and fry the perogs till crispy.

Or if I'm so lazy that's out of the question just boiling them works. But sour cream must be on hand for any occasion!

youtube.com/watch?v=2lPX5b9m7ro
I had to

>but then again I never buy heat and eat meals

Neither do I. Which is why the toaster oven is so handy. Need to cook something small? Fire up the toaster oven instead of the big oven. Want to warm up your plates or bowls while dinner is on the stove? Stick 'em in the toaster oven. Have two things you need to bake, but they need different temperatures? One in the big oven, the other in the toaster oven. And so on.

I'd eat that
I'd eat 6 of those
No thanks
Looks shit but i'd eat it anyway
No idea what this is
I could eat 2-4 of these, preferably with gravy
Already did a PP
Looks shit but i'm not one for turning down pizza
Hate jacket potatoes
Possibly with some good buttered bread to dunk in
Yes, but also with some good bread
No thanks
I could go for some of this right now

Isnt that like the worst brand of perogies?

Totinos Pizzas and Toasted Ravioli.

I'll usually crack an egg open over the pizza and bake it in my toaster oven for an extra 3 minutes.
It's fucking magical.

What is toasted ravioli? Sounds complicated.

My dad thought that toaster ovens were the stupidest invention ever until I personally went out and bought one for my famioy for $10.

It's been 5 years since and it's hardly gone a day without use.

Fuck, I keep forgetting that's a St. Louis-only thing...

Okay.
So toasted ravioli is basically ravioli that's been breaded and fried.
You can buy it frozen premade and then you dip it in marinara sauce after you reheat it.

It's pretty good.

It kinda baffles me that toasted ravioli isn't more popular across the US.

I mean, people love stuffed pasta, right? So why wouldn't a finger-food version of it be a smash hit?

I just get egg rolls every day, lately they haven't had any in the evening 6:00 so you have to get there before 2:00 our so. duck sauce is great.

Sandwiches

I cooked a big meal almost every day for 10 years. Don't need that now. Although I did make some rice+green beans+corn couple days ago.

I've seen them around here in California.

Microwave lasagna

convenience store burgers are better than fast food burgers.

for added authenticity, request the arsenic crust

I'll be in UP next week, Is there a single decent restaurant in Mackinaw that's not a tourist trap?

this, sept not lasagna
Marie callender's is pretty dope frozen meals
6-7 years ago it was the most expensive stuff but in the last few years it has become the second cheapest you can buy per pound next to banquet but imo the quality really hasn't dropped much

>They're much better if you actually cook them in that new-fangled thing called an oven.
And there's a shitton better things that you can make in the 45 minutes (even just shit you throw in the oven) than a pot pie.

The cheapass pot pies work because you can nuke them in a handful of minutes. Going to more effort than that makes them quickly not worth that effort.

>cheemo
what an unfortunate brand name

these things are like 2 bucks at walmart I keep a couple handy

never got this pasta takes 11 mins to boil......

they're nasty
literally dsgusting

I just eat out, I so rarely can't be bothered to cook, so it's not a big deal.

Always one autist in the thread. What the fuck is your problem?