Why was he such a butthurt faggot because he wasn't as good as Shakespeare?

Why was he such a butthurt faggot because he wasn't as good as Shakespeare?

Do you think that because a cult formed around him, it went to his head?

Kinda not surprised. He was anti-culture and it seems like he was kinda like Socrates in the sense that he found art to be a tool and art for the sake of art to be repulsive. I remember when I read how much he loathed Shakespeare it made sense.

He wasn't even the best Russian.

Dosty was way fucking deeper than him, and had deeper themes and messages and was better at writing in general.

Tolstoy just wrote about rich people doing boring shit, where Dosty wrote about the fucking meaning of fucking life!

My friend who's in uni says his professor prefers Tolstoy, but I think that just shows the fucking state of literature today with John Green being popular and shit.

>Tolstoy just wrote about rich people doing boring shit
>but I think that just shows the fucking state of literature today
This board...

Lol that's not even a fucking argument and probably a fallacy

Sorry that Dosty is just too deep for you pleb.

retard

Have you ever tried to write at least a short-story? If you one day tried to write anything you would notice how great is Tolstoy’s genius. No other writer ever saw as many things and in such detail as him. He was capable of perceiving every little expression on the face, every thought; he captured every gesture and action of other living things and stored in his brain for when the time to write would come.

Furthermore, the work of many realistic writers look like blurry mirrors compared to the creations of Tolstoy. He seems to be the most sensitive, perceptive and true of all realistic writers. He seemed to be perpetually devoid of skin, always in raw-flesh (at least his mind was like that: both his five senses as his conscience – his brain was as sensible as the tender eyes and soft antennae of the snail) so that even a breath, a look, a frown, an intonation of speech, a facial wrinkle and so many other little things reach him with a disproportionately strong force.

He submerge himself in human life: in the cities and the country, the offices and the fields, the war-zone and the mossy woods with scent of rotten leaves; he visited the slums of the poor and the rich resorts of high-society, and all the time his unparalleled sensibility was capturing every small movement that happened around him. Every molecule of existence was absorbed by the palate of his conscience.

And like I said before: have you ever tried to write a short-story and find yourself with difficulties? Imagine trying to write something as War and Peace, as Anna Karenina?

see:

Nomination for worst post on Veeky Forums in 2016

He is a great writer but I honestly don't agree with his views on anything. He was just a pretty shitty person who woke up to his own shittyness one day so he spent the rest of his life screaming his views at everyone.

>way fucking deeper
>the fucking meaning of fucking life!
>My friend who's in uni says his professor prefers Tolstoy, but I think that just shows the fucking state of literature today with John Green being popular and shit.
>and shit.

haha, is this real?

>all these people biting this obvious b8

lol

You think that's why his wife killed him? Because he was a shitty person and wasn't gonna leave her jack shit?

My understand is he left her and his family and froze to death waiting for a train.

lel

"nice" post

muh b8

>he thinks literature is about "meaning" and being "deep"

user, you are a pseudo-patrician

Sure, he did. Yep. Definitely. That's the story we're goin' with. That's what happened...

What is it really about?

>he thinks being a patrician is just about not being a pseude-patrician

user, you are sad and fell for the bait

Beauty.

If you want to write something """deep""" then go publish a fucking philosophy book

The people on this board are ao pathetic, little and foul.
No love for literature, just a bunch of retards swordclashing their dicks in the most embarassing way possible

>tfw irony on Veeky Forums got to a level so high you can't know the difference between bait and true autism

This is obvious bait, how can you think otherwise?