Do you guys ever just sauté vegetables and eat them with a little seasoning?

Do you guys ever just sauté vegetables and eat them with a little seasoning?
I've been cooking mushrooms like this a lot recently and damn I love it

It's objectively the best way to make veggies

Yes but with some rice on the side

>mushrooms
>vegetables

Always. Most vegetables are delicious sauteed in a little olive oil with some garlic and salt. I did mushrooms like that tonight.

Baby bok choy ever since I found the asian market near my gym. I do half a cup of rice in my rice cooker and put the baby boks in the steamer basket, that cooks for like 15 minutes. When that comes out the bok choy goes into a hot pan with some oil soy sauce and garlic for 2 minutes, take that out, then cook small chunk chicken quickly in the same pan with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, crushed red chili pepper, and green onion. I've had this so often recently and I don't even mind it

From a culinary standpoint, mushrooms can be considered part of the vegetable group. Do you also complain when you see tomatoes and bell peppers in the vegetable section of the produce isle?

Yes, it's my favorite quick weeknight meal. Usually serve over rice or noodles.

Yes

My grocer doesn'tdo that

Mah nigger. I just stirfry the bok choy for a couple minutes though without steaming.

I caramelize onions and mushrooms together. I put em on lots of things like over a steak, in a sandwich, on a bowl of rice... just thinking about it makes me drool.

your nonchalant chop job on those mushrooms triggers me. Have some fuxking pride, user.

mushrooms is not vegetables that's why it tastes good

>doesnt dry sautee mushrooms on low then sautee with oil

i complain when i see anything lumped into the """vegetable""" food group

Like pizza?

Fuck yeah. Its the main pillar of my cooking, i saute onions, tomatos and celery with cumin and fine herbs and add that shit to my sandwiches, shit is gud

A vegetable isnt even a fucking concrete term it can literally be anything something considers a vegetable. The term is circular reasoning incarnate

Doesn't this reduce the nuntrient content?

nutrients r for faggits, man up.

in a lot of food, no, it actually makes it more nutritious, raw diets are a made up meme and are dumb.

Even if it did, it wouldn't be by much, and cooked vegetables are easier to digest. Seriously, who eats that many raw mushrooms (or also applies to broccoli, cabbage, etc...).

Someone on Veeky Forums once told me that spinach releases more nutrients when it reaches a certain temperature and I choose to believe that because it tastes better when sautéd.