Can Veeky Forums recommend some good drinks and cocktails for a dude to order? I'm a huge beer guy...

Can Veeky Forums recommend some good drinks and cocktails for a dude to order? I'm a huge beer guy, with a little old-man liquor thrown in (brandy, bourbon, port, etc.) But I've been spending a lot more time going out on the town, including dating an older women who's a real cocktail bar fan.

I don't know anything about most hard liquor drinks. Suggestions? Most of the ones I see are super girly shit I'd rather not embarrass myself with in front of an experienced drinker.

>select liquor
>take it straight
>?????
>profit

Sitting at a bar with a glass of brandy while the 40 year old Filipino women next you is drinking a fruity cocktail the size of her head seems kinda fedora-tier.

Old fashioned- bitters, little bit of sugar, club soda, bourbon

Bloody mary

Gin and Tonic

Order a peener collader.
Tastes like pine apples and cocnauts

Rusty Nail is the manliest of manly drinks.

>adding a sweet liquor

It certainly is not manly.

>Most of the ones I see are super girly shit I'd rather not embarrass myself with in front of an experienced drinker
Cmon m8 nobody actually cares.

Get a whisky-based drink like an old fashioned or a whisky sour if you're really that afraid.

lmao. 20 year old detected.

>my grandpa drank rusty nails and he hunted!

This isn't totally correct. There are certain people who will legitimately thing of you in a different way but who wants to be their friend anyway

But yeah if you order a cocktail called the Pretty Princess you're going to get shit, but if you can't handle it a little friendly shit talk then you shouldn't be in a bar.

read a little bit about sours, martinis, manhattans, etc and then just make shit up using those ratios out of whatever looks good on the backbar

drinks don't need to have names

one part this half part that splash of whatever, up in a cocktail glass, build over rocks, garnish

these days just read the cocktail menu; any place that cares is going to describe the hell out of the drinks and if you're familiar with old-man liquor you should be able to tell if you're in for a syrupy mess or not

>Cmon m8 nobody actually cares.

I just want to look like I know what I'm doing. Mixed drinks are alien to me.

>but if you can't handle it a little friendly shit talk then you shouldn't be in a bar.

I walked into a pub with a girl and I got a prosecco in a hugeass champagne flute. Probably looked gay as hell but I felt like a goddamn prosecco and she's an F-cup so fuck it.

>liquor
Did you mean liqueur?

Fun fact: All alcohol is sweet because alcohol is fermented sugar. Ergo; real men drink milk.

>Ergo; real men drink milk.

Straight from the tap.

See it's totally fine to order shit like this when you do it with a sense of humor and you're willing to take shit from the entire bar in stride and with a smile. No one can dislike you when you do shit like that.

just ask your bartender what he likes like a non-sperg

Order a Manhattan, have them make it with Woodford Reserve or 1792.

Old fashion works as well

Aiight senpai, Ausfag high-end cocktail bartender here.

Yes people will change their opinion of you based on what you order, not judge mind you, just form an opinion. No different to what you wear, how you have your hair etc, so take from that what you will. If you're worried about what other people think of you based on what you drink you're probably too much of a shut in to go to a decent bar anyway.

Back to the drinks, honestly, order based on what kind of a bar it is. Not only will you fit in as you so desperately need, but you'll generally get a better quality drink if you go with the bars theme.

Is it a Gin Palace? Get a martini.
A prohibition speakeasy? Get a whisky neat or an Old Fashioned.
A bright, outdoors bar? Get a spritz.
A cocktail bar that doesn't favour any one spirit? Look from the list or order any classic.

Nobody can tell you what you like, and you know what? They shouldn't. Have fun user.

Don't be that guy who treats ordering a drink like he's browsing the dollar menu when the bartender has forty other people trying to get his attention at once during happy hour. You aren't shopping for a reasonably-priced car, Steve Urkel, know what you want before you bother the man.

Is there even such a thing as a girly cocktail? Just order your blueberry lemonade whatever and get it over with.

If your drink has an umbrella in it then I'm sorry but you're gay.

I'm not sorry.

>woodford fan
>goes on cruise ships for vacation
How expected

club soda. in an old fashioned. absolutely haram

Summer day; negroni (equal parts Gin, Campari and sweet vermouth)

Winter day: Sazerac or Oaxacan Old Fashioned

That's just the view from my apartment famalam.

Woodford reserve is pretty great mid-tier and nearly available everywhere, and fairly cheap.

There are plenty of other whiskeys that are better but once you get above $35 for a fifth for it, I don't see those as daily drinkers. Got a recommendation?

O Kurwa

25ml belvedere vodka
25ml anejo tequila
40ml haitian rum
40ml bloom gin
100ml grapefruit juice (or blended eqv)
Dash cardamom bitters
Dash sugar syrup

Blend the liquour, syrup, and grapefruit
Shake over ice, strain into a goblet and
Serve with a slim slice of frozen grapefruit

Vodka saz, with bison grass vodka

>Is there even such a thing as a girly cocktail?
A shirley temple

>Sazerac
Agreed

Define old man liqour

>Long island iced tea.
Slam a couple and smack the shit out of anyone that judges you for enjoying them.
Side note, i normally order doubles because i hate waiting for refills.

u sound like a faggot OP