I just ordered one of these bad boys after using a shitty round $30 dehydrator for years...

I just ordered one of these bad boys after using a shitty round $30 dehydrator for years. It cost just under $200 delivered and has 6 trays and variable heat settings.

So far I've dehydrated jerky, banana, Apple and strawberries.

What else is good dehydrated as a nutritious snack? With fruit I never add sugar and I don't eat more dried fruit in a day than I would if it was fresh.

I need ideas for some food to wreck with my new toy

P. S. Sorry if the pic quality is shit, I'm on my phone

milk

water

me? i'd dehydrate crab legs

cooking oil

Beef jerky

Fuck all of you

Maybe you could dry some rice. Then fry it in some oil for puffed rice.

Fruit leather is a great snack, google it.

The only fruit I disliked dehydrated so far is pineapple, it almost made me throw up.

Google my dick in your moms butt, nerd

spam

Salt

Jamal's cum.

>$200 for a dehydrator when the sun is free

checked

Semen and peanut butter

Pencils

Mashed potatoes

Crayons

but seriously though, dehydrated bananas are amazing. not the chips, not entirely dried, but dehydrated.

try crayons though, for real

Hamburger patty

Wasps

Hard boiled egg

Chinese takeout

Do you have to rotate the trays? I know some dehydrators make you do that.

The blood of your enemies.

I honestly don't understand why people waste space with gimmicky stuff like that.

An Allen key duct tapped to a used tampon

Not with this one. The round ones you do because the heat comes from the bottom usually.

The heat in this blows horizontally from the rear (like yo momma)

Dead bird

what would happen if you cooked rice and put it in there?

Teeth

I assume it'd go back to being dry again but probably look retarded

>just under $200
>6 trays

Where the fuck did you order from? You got screwed over in price and capacity. You could have gotten a 9 Tray Excalibur for $200 bucks on Amazon with a lengthy recipe book.

As for shit to dry, try like fish or vegetables. There are a lot of veggies that dry up nicely for snacks.

I paid $170 AUD delivered. Amazon will deliver to me but it's not much good when it's 120V

170 AUD = 130 freedom units

Thanks btw, I have been googling some different ideas and am keen to try your suggestions also

It's 99$ state side.

What?

As in your pic, tomatoes.
Holy shit is it tasty.

I was just getting ready to post it when you called.

He over paid 31 freedom bucks.

Shit

Ok

>With fruit I never add sugar
Does anyone actually do this?

When I lived up north I used to dry lots of edible mushrooms and make fruit leather out of wild blueberries, Saskatoon berries, raspberries, etc.

I'd recommend doing fruit leather. It's pretty easy and lots of instructions online.

Meat but you sound like a vegan gayboy

puffed rice

dehydrate some herbs, make vegetable chip

does the dehydrator actually reach high enough temperatures for that?

The communist mainfesto

I would try carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, pumpkin and mango.

Cucumber may sound odd, but I remember reading about a chef who dried them into powder, then vacuum cooked other cucumbers, let them cool and used the juice they 'sweated' to mix with the powder and form a paste.

Venison.

It's lean as hell and more delicious than anything else.

The fruit leather club is two doors down

KETCHUP LEATHER

American Ketchup Product

how do you prefer to make your jerky user? i don't need details like spices, but interesed in how you prep the meat. do you like using ground meat at all and using one of those dispensers? or do you just use solid cuts?

dehydrated pear sprinkled with pumpkin spice is godly

Also, I'm a fan of dehydrating potato chips. Far better for you than frying, still comes out awesome. Boil the potato, slice it thinly (can be done in reverse order), toss it in a tiny amount of olive oil and some seasoning (salt and pepper is perfect).
Can be made with sweet potato as well, and it doesn't even need to be boiled beforehand. Sweet potato chips dehydrated with rosemary is seriously good.

I often dehydrate any left over garlic or onions from my previous grocery trip before going grocery shopping again, then blend them up to make garlic powder or onion powder. This can be done with other things like celery and tomatoes for cool seasonings as well. Although, I'm not sure if you need a high-powered blender to make this work or not. A coffee grinder might work too.

Dehydrate mango, they sell dried mango in stores so that can be interesting, also Dehydrate peanut butter I want to know what happens

>also Dehydrate peanut butter I want to know what happens
There isn't really much water in peanut butter. Most of the moisture comes from oil, which doesn't dehydrate well, so you'd probably just get warm, thick peanut butter.

Fruit leather = leather daddy

Solid cuts of top side or similar lean meat, I borrowed a jerky gun off a friend once and minced my own meat, the jerky came out with a really weird texture. I gave it away to people because I didn't like it.

What is pumpkin spice exactly? That sounds interesting.

I'm gonna try potato chips, they sound good. I have one of those V slicer things too so nice easy even cuts of potato.

Onion & garlic is something I do want to dry, onions are in season now but garlic doesn't appear to be as it's still quite expensive. Every time I need powder it's always run out so making my own in bulk and storing it correctly is something I need to do.

Thanks user

It's winter here so no cheap mangos unless I buy them frozen, which sux. I'll add that onto my summer list though, apparently they taste awesome when dried.

dont do thi, you'll create rice gas

What if I cook dried rice, then dry it before I fry it?

>What is pumpkin spice exactly?
It's the seasoning used in pumpkin pie. You can generally find it in grocery stores in America, but I never saw it in Ireland, so it may depend on which country you're in.

If you can't find it, there's recipes to mix it from more common seasonings on the internet. It's a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and some other stuff I can't remember. It's pretty good.

Most of the products on the shelf in North America aren't available elsewhere, it's a real disappointment when I walk into a grocery store here.

You guys are flooded with millions of products and refer to them here on ck and elsewhere on the internet all the time. Even Amazon stocks a lot of them but won't ship internationally

Fuck this world sometimes

Supposedly according to wikipedia pumpkin spice is similar to mixed spice.

Try dehydrating hardboiled eggs. I want to know what happens.

Nice unitasker.

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 tsp Chinese 5-spice or sub with allspice
1/2 teaspoon fine salt

>what is powdered egg?

6 parts ground cinnamon
1 parts ground nutmeg
1 part ground ginger
1/2 part ground allspice
1/2 part ground cloves

>Dehydrated as a nutritious snack?

Removing the water and moisture of a food doesn't make ot healthier you fucking cro-magnon.

try strawberries, apples, bananas, or jerky

How was that implied by OP's post?

>the water and moisture
The water AND moisture?

It's funny when pedantic morons reveal themselves.

Thanks senpai