Is this starter kit for retards or something, Veeky Forums?

Is this starter kit for retards or something, Veeky Forums?

>half I read in highschool
>Lolita
>Vonnegut

There's like 2 or three books worth reading on that list if you aren't a mouth-breathing YA.

I need a 9x9 with some real Patrician shit, Veeky Forums. I can't stand to be a pleb no moar!!

Inb3 Greeks I'm on it! but I need other recommendations

Inb4 Infinite Jest or Gravity's Rainbow Not into copromancy, sorry

If you are 'so well read' you should be able to know what to read next. It's called starter kit for a reason retard, stop being an obnoxious snob.

>lit thinks its patrician
>someone asks for a better starter kit
>butt hurt plebs come out the woodworks

Didn't realize I pissed on your ego, sorry friendo.

>lit thinks its patrician
Nobody says that unironically.
>asks for a better starter kit
Its a STARTER KIT it's not supposed to be filled with heavy books. Want other books? Read the fucking sticky, mouthbreather. We are not here to spoofeed your dumb ass.
Sage and hidden.

Jesus christ you sound like an asshole. You're too patrish for fucking Nabokov?

It's a starter kit for people who are not into literature.

>I can't stand to be a pleb no moar!!
You come across as a twelve year old. Fuck off and read some books.

>sage
>still bumped thread
>called someone else a retard

That's irony!

I'm not saying Nabokov is a bad writer. I'm just saying Lolita was more like an edgy teen's wet dream than some of Nabokov's other works.

OP here, you assholes could have at least mention Joseph Campbell's Monomyth.

Herman Hesse's books is an awesome book, too. I don't know why you crybabies can't take any criticism of your work. No wonder almost no one here publishes anything.

Literature is not for you if Lolita came across as "an edgy teenager's wet dream," user.

We already had a fuckin chart thread today (and I'm pretty sure there's another one lurking around).

Also, it's a fucking STARTER kit. The whole point is to give someone at High School level or above a generally well-rounded introduction to popular literary subjects on this particular board. No one is impressed with the fact that you're above Vonnegut and Lolita, friendo. The chart was designed with the assumption that you're retarded.

OP is clearly a stupid edgy child. Do not respond to him

>Is this starter kit for retards or something, Veeky Forums?
>>half I read in highschool

More than half the posters on Veeky Forums haven't even gone to high school yet, asshat.

Wait, you actually thought you were talking to *adults* in this shithole?

>create a thread seeking advice on a starter kit
>act like goddamn Nabokov is "too pleb for you"
>WHY DIDN'T YOU FAGGOTS SUGGEST THIS?
>STOP BEING CRYBABIES YOU TURBOPLEBS
>LMAO YOU BUNCH OF NERDS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED
I honestly think you must be autistic. The worst part is that you will leave this failed thread still holding onto your misplaced superiority and laughing at the plebs on Veeky Forums that couldn't keep up with your massive intellect.

Dude can't get over his love for nymphette who can never be for him
Eventually dies of grief

>>/r9k/

Did you even read Lolita or you just assuming that it's just erotica because of memes?

And it's certainly not edgy, it's about as close to a straightforward morality tale as Nabokov gets.

>YFW there is not a single sex scene in the fuckin book

>Dies of grief

Confirmed for never having read the book

thank me later broseph

>you're above Vonnegut and Lolita
I'm not above them. I just don't like vonnegut that much and I actually do enjoy Nabokov's prose, but some of his subject matter isn't enjoyable to me.

Some people only read LoTR or Philip K. Dick. Different strokes for different folks. Anyway, thanks.

here m8

>dubs of truth

Thanks, desu desu.

Have a rare pepe.

This is perfect for a true intellectual such as OP.

A++

>stupid faggot trying to fit in by taking shots at philip k dick

just leave

For someone on a literature board, your reading comprehension really sucks.

wow I hate everything in this picture

war and peace ain't even hard its just long
also get rid of rodger and put in some gaddis or something and this could actually be decent bait

>books you will need 1000 years to finish reading

This thread embodies so much of what I despise about Veeky Forums: mainly, people who are obviously parroting opinions about literature they haven't actually read based on whatever the fuck is "pleb" and "patrician" this month, and claiming meaningless intellectual superiority over other people solely on the basis of disliking what other people like.

Is it too much to ask for people to stop fucking posturing and actually read shit, then discuss it without pandering to or automatically reacting against some vague, board-wide conception of what's good?

>dorian grey

You can't seriously believe Dorian Grey is of a notably lesser caliber than any of the other books on that chart, family.

Sorry, *many, not any. Of course I consider it lesser than several of those works. But it's by no means the worst.

Yes, now post list or GTFO

Report and move on

shut your fucking whore mouth and leave my website forever, you disgusting shitposter fuck

>starter kit
>critique of pure reason

That's funny because I like everything in that picture.

>my twisted world

Frogposter confirmed

just stole it :^)