He nam'd. Thus was the first Day Eev'n and Morn:
Nor past uncelebrated, nor unsung
By the Celestial Quires, when Orient Light
Exhaling first from Darkness they beheld;
Birth-day of Heav'n and Earth; with joy and shout
The hollow Universal Orb they fill'd,
And touch't thir Golden Harps, and hymning prais'd
God and his works, Creatour him they sung,
Both when first Eevning was, and when first Morn.

In the bangining Dog created heaving and hearth. But the hearth was warmless and empty, drunkenness was over the Scarface of the peep, and the spirit of the Yawhooo was circumventing upon the aquaface.

In the beginning God was being creating the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was being formless and empty. Full of empty and formless was the earth. And darkness was being over the surface of the deep, and the deep of the surface was being under the darkness. And the Spirit of God was being hovering over the waters like the Spirit of God.

"Let there be light" said God and Johnny spread my ass in the showers and with a cockscrew motion worked his cock up by asshole until egg pop of fleshy black pink and we both came 5 times under dark blue dusk of morning

i do heroin

befor thiere was triewe things thiere was deorcness licen to the deorcness thu seen when thu locs ofer the deop mere on a calm night

thiere was no angland to spaec of no franc scuccas no crist no bastards spillan blud on the land for thiere was no land and no sky they sae thiere was only the father of crist the god of all things lytel and large but i cnaw the triewth i cnaw that this god of the crist is no god of mine, no triewe god of angland for i is a wys man and i seen thru thiere lys

it sceolde be cnawan that they sae the crist god was flyan ofer this stillness that the crist god was always thiere the only thing there besides the deorcness and that the crist god maced the heofon and the ground that we are standan on now they sae the crist god maced it all and that all was naht befor him only the deopness and the deorcness and him waitan

but the triewth is that the auld gods always bean thiere and hiere that the triewe gods of angland bean stalcan thru this land since befor thiere was land and this thu sceolde cnaw if thu is a triewe man if thu is a wys man lic me then thu cnaws that it was woden that maced the land and the sky this is the triewth for i only be speacan the triewth

but the dumb folc and thiere lyan biscops weolde hafen thu belief it was the crist god who maced the land and the sky and the heofon. the biscops sae that the crist god saes thiere will be land and sky and heofon and then thiere was those things wat the crist god had saed thiere was they sae the crist god saes thiere sceolde be a graet brightness lic the sun risan efry mergen and then thiere was a graet brightness and a sky and the land and all things lytel and large

thu sceolde cnaw wat they sae for it is the false lys of dumb men men who is mor lic esols then men

they sae the crist god has maced many things but i has sean naht but the blud of anglisc maced by the bastard crist god for he is not the god of the triewe anglisc he is not the god of this land or of us folc efen if they thincan he is and that his son will safe them and bring them to the heofon. the only thing the crist brings is blud and guttas spillan out by the sweords of ingenga bastards thus has sean this as well as i haf thu cnaws as i cnaws that angland does naht tac as much blood from the crist as the crist tacs from the anglisc

>be me
>create sky and world
>world is empty, has no shape
>is just water, no light
>hover over water, bored
>say "let there be light"
>there's light
>see light is good
>seperate light and darkness
>call light day, darkness night
>so there's day and night now
>the first day

what author?

"Let there be light", said Yawheh Sabaoth on one Monday morning. He arranged things nearly about the tipsy-topsy earth, splitting the hours into two parts of roughly equal proportion, dark and bright as much as Mr. Sabaoth thought reasonable.

"Hallo!" he said, pouring some water onto the earth and some just above it. Splendid idea, really. And the space, he reckoned, between the two aqueous bodies ought to be called a sky. He put trees here and grasses there, some nice pretty flowers in the mountain passes and spinesporting cacti amidst the vast seas of sand. And between this greenery Mr. Sabaoth scattered beasts and birds, crawling, scuttering, scampering, fluttering things with minds each of their own.

"Now, we mustn't be modest," he sang to his lovelies. Upon this encouragement, his creations got to work, engaging in all sorts of jeux d'amour -- japes and capers with the object of basal proliferation. And with this, Mr. Sabaoth noticed five days had passed. Five days working was no country walk, for certain, but he felt that his labours were not complete. Something missing. What could it be goddamnit come now think aha!

A handful of earth, yes. Sculpt it like so, until... yes, that's right. A man. Looks like me, Sabaoth thought. Charming little biter. But without a mate, days are lonesome and nights are cold, are they not? So from a single rib he fashioned something like a man but softer, perhaps more delicate.

And what a pair they were! Him, blazing and boiling with muscular energy. Her, merry in bloom with a molly countenance and tweety little voice. They'd know each other, alright. The thought of their business made Sabaoth feel queer. He shouldn't bother them.

Ho! Six days it was now. Reasonable time for a rest. Take a full one off, why not? You're the boss, right. Keep one eye open for fear of the water bubbling over.

Joyce by someone who's never read Joyce

Virginia Woolf?

Your name is GOD. You are the eternal, self-sufficient, ageless ruler of all that exists, which isn't a lot right now. You have a variety of INTERESTS. You enjoy making up ARBITRARY RULES for your creations to follow, even though you don't have any yet. You like to devise CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS for breaking these rules, even though it is kind of always your fault in the end. You have a fondness for being CRYPTIC AND INACCESSIBLE, and are LARGELY INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO MORTAL MINDS.

What will you do?

> God: Quickly create the heavens and the earth.

In the beginning always creating God was being creating the heavens and the earth, and in the heavens and the earth was being creating God. Now the earth was being formless and empty and God was being creating. Full of empty and formless was the earth with God in the beginning being creating. And darkness was being over the surface of the deep, and the deep of the surface was being under the darkness. And the Spirit of God was being hovering over the waters like the Spirit of God.

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was u on the face of the dee . And the S irit of God moved u on the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land a ear: and it was so.

10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

there's an abnormally low number of p's in Genesis I, I didnt expect this.

Andrew Hussie has the potential to be a great novelist desu senpai

chaucer?

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1.1 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

1.11 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

1.111 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

1.112 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1.12 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

1.121 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

1.122 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

1.13 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

1.131 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

1.14 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

1.141 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1.2 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Come on, it's pretty good for someone who isn't actually James Joyce.

kek

God felt a heavy stone weighing upon his stomach as he set to work on that particular morning. His work had piled up, and now he was faced with the creation of the entire universe in a working week. He started by creating heaven and earth, but they were formless and empty and God doubted his own ability. His mind pondered over the water that he had to add and all the other work that still lay in front of him. He walked to the wall to turn on the electric light, his aging eyes were failing and he couldn't work on in this half-light.

I actually have read all of his work save Finnegans Wake, both in original and translation.

A-at least someone appreciated doggy style sex and circumcision.

p o ƃ

Genesis is one of the most singularly bizarre phenomena in our history.

A

Myth

Of

Darkness

And then light and then all of a sudden everything is there at once.+

+The footnotes in this section were largely unreadable.

Do you know what the fedora meme means?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Or maybe it was the day before the beginning.

Is this original? It's not bad.

It begins with Genesis. (Doesn't it always?) God, the almighty engineered this world, a clattering of space and time, parallels settling into coherence, a singling up of all lines, transposition of Godhood outwards, macrocosm from microcosm, light and inertia from the dark and inert. The void is filled with life, creeping down toward its farthest reaches, and God creates heaven and Earth. And it is the void of life here, void of life truly in action that he fills with Man, created in his own image to a 3/4 beat . . . . .

Oh lookee here boys
I'm the one who makes the noise
I'm alpha and omega
don'tcha know

But I'm feelin kinda lonely
Cause I'm the only only
so I'm jist jivin and buildin Man tonite . . .

yes, well, this goes on for some time and eventually God comes to a model of Man he likes that for functional reasons deviates just a little from his original conception of sculpting man in his own image -- far too difficult to replicate on such a scale. . .

Are you fucking serious.

It's shit

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, or did he? Like how do you prove that? You and I ought to be smart enough to question this God guy. Come on little girl, let's go have fun where society and your parents can't judge us.

Not even Christians seriously study the bible anymore. It's sad desu because the entire civilization is based on the book, degenerate as it may be in this current state, the bible is the best guide for understanding how we've arrived where we are.

It was when Milton wrote it

i knew this was too good to not be milton

>taking this bait

I created the heavens and the earth today.

douglas adams?

When the Hachisoto-Sorenson-Rayburn Optical Wiring screentested the first protocol links of what would become the intercontinental light-based dreamworld of the Worldgrid, the sky in fleshspace was the color of an HDTV that was turned off because it was night in Neo-Akihabara and the only light was harsh, neon, staccato, emitting in spurts and globules from thirty megaton explosions in the arcades playing Tank War Europa.

classic King.

Fancy yourself a cyberpunk?

lol #relaytable #references

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Why do I have to believe in one god? That's like eating one cereal for the rest of your life

The Odd God

Once there was a guy called God,
God one could call a little bit odd,
An all powerful deity yet he must rest,
A perfect creation, he chooses to test,
God created Adam,
and then he created Eve,
God then gave them a garden to play,
oh they did, they played and they played.
Then the snake appeared and made Eve bite the apple,
Adam was punished, Just like the sniffsnarfling krabapplers
Kicked from the garden by a God who knows all,
He must have known they were going to fall,
He made them perfectly able to fail,
now we all suffer to no avail,
So next time you read of a man called God,
Remember this deity is a bit odd.

Pynchon. Knew someone would

Ek man jötna ár um borna,
þá er forðum mik fœdda höfðu;
níu man ek heima, níu íviði,
mjötvið mœran fyr mold neðan.

Ár var alda þar er Ýmir bygði,
vara sandr né sær né svalar unnir,
jörð fannsk æva né upphiminn,
gap var ginnunga, en gras hvergi.

Áðr Burs synir bjöðum um ypðu,
þeir er Miðgarð mœran skópu;
sól skein sunnan á salar steina,
þá var grund gróin grœnum lauki.

Sól varp sunnan, sinni mána,
hendi inni hœgri um himinjódyr;
sól þat ne vissi hvar hon sali átti,
máni þat ne vissi hvat hann megins átti,
stjörnur þat ne vissu hvar þær staði áttu.

Þá gengu regin öll á rökstóla,
ginnheilug goð, ok um þat gættusk;
nátt ok niðjum nöfn um gáfu,
morgin hétu ok miðjan dag,
undorn ok aptan, árum at telja.

10/10, swear to god

How gently I would find myself crossing the waters, in those moments of rest prior to the creation of the earth, wherein the ground of dry powder as well as that wet lightly with the waters of the sea, as in my childhood days of leisure with grandmama in the quiet towns along the coast, would rise up from the waters of a often-seen black hue and forbidding coldness and grace my field of vision with its comforting presence, and mustering all of my omniscient power, I would often bid the creation of some gaitless entity, and pray that light, or plant, or animal should come to exist beside me as unwavering I might set down with him on the precipice of the shore, and behold the product of my work, and feeling as I had some time in the past, transported there by the sensation of the dirt between my fingers, I might remember the knowing smile of grandmama as before bed, she would wish me a final good-night, and would thus with the imprecision of exhaustion walk quietly out of my bedchamber, followed by the scent of blossoms which always pursued her, and I would be left behind in the darkness to fall anxiously into the embrace of sleep, the ghost of her good-night kiss comforting me in the moment of meeting slumber for the duration of the night.

"Who is God?"
Since the earth was formless, lacking light and ground to set one’s foot upon, Graniel Capitalonus could not make out the face of the young man who had spoken these few words to him. Unlike the man’s face, the sentence was indistinguishable. Graniel had never heard the name God before in his life. He twisted his face in confusion.
“Let there be light,” he said, but he was already gliding over the waters, away from the filthy young man who had been waiting for him to come along, rather than simply making the light himself.
“Gee, thanks,” said the young man. “What a fool,” he muttered, once Graniel was out of earshot. Graniel, the son of a wealthy industrialist, had no patience for people who did not work for what they had. He felt that in modern times, nobody had the right to revel in their own creation except those who laboured for its achievement. Capitalonus stepped onto the land that he made to rise up out of the waters, then in the air in front of him, slowly traced the image of a dollar sign. He stood, arms at his hips, as Atlas, in revelry at what he had created.

What would be, if there was no light? What despair would be true, a negated universe of non-existence: if there were no lights and darks, or passion of a whirlwind, or the sweet pitter of the rain, or the tweet tweet of the birds. Yes, if there were no light, what a misery the world would be.

Therefore it is not so! For just as there is light, He shaped the light with a single sentence, a good light, and separated it and nurtured it into the day and the night; the first of many. The sensual-erotic which arose from this act of love drove Him to mould a powerful Earth in his hands, to tear the Earth and the heavens asunder.

Quality Pynch

kek

Melville?

nope, but I see where you're coming from

I could start at the beginning. But I dont know if God would really get a kick outta that. He doesnt like folks knowing about his personal life. Hes old fashion like that. Honest he is!

But to hell with it! So he made light and the universe and he wasnt a phoney about it. Which is why I like they guy. I mean really some people make stuff all the time and they just never shut the hell up about it. Honest! I dont give a goddamn about your crumby creation but God was different. He was really swell.

This is nice, I would like to read a book in this style.

Came here for the obligatory "And but so God created like Light"... but got disappointed.

J Joyce

You forgot the carbolic soap and rectal mucus.

In the postprandial hours, when food is slowly struggling with the body, he dozed, sitting on a soft and high chair, the rear and the sides veiled in an embroidered velvet canopy, dreaming, as usual for afternoon naps, that he was steadily hovering onwards over a deeply blue slow maelström a long way off to the north.

Now God created the heavens and the earth, as was said by the Philosopher [1:2:3:4:5:6,7 - 8.9 fuck you].
And he also said "let there be light" as was proved [Q.4, 666: XD].
Now the substantial form of light is light, therefor the essential form of light is light, as fire being so fire in as much as it is fire.
Therefor OP is a faggot.

Kierk spotted.

I was listening to the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra bringing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyrie to its end when I realized I was hungry. Getting a big pot of water ready for my pasta, I suddenly had the idea to create the world. To tell you the truth, I was never one for big ideas like this. In high school I was very average. I did what I had to do to stay on top, but otherwise I wasted the time away reading novels by Kurt Vonnegut and Raymond Carver in the original English. You would think a lazy guy like me wouldn't have many girlfriend, but for some reason I would always have a girl at hand. What it was that drew them to me, I couldn't say. I was going through these girlfriends in head when I heard the familiar sound of water cooking. Immediately going back to the stove, I put pasta into the water. The oven was shiny clean. I don't know where I got it from, but I've always been very careful about having a tidy kitchen. With my dinner cooking, I started creating the world while waiting. By the time the day was over, the pasta eaten, and the Wagner record played to its end, I had created light. When I got into bed that night, I was very exhausted. I had a dream about a girl I hadn't seen since high school. I hoped she was well.

Murakami?

a low throbbing industrial synth played quietly as the audience of no-one waited for the performance to start. it was cold and coallike, black and chalky, coallike, not much going on. then suddenly a neat little drum fill filled the air and lux fiat quod he then lux facta is. this band was pretty good yhwh, their opening number bereshit bara was neat. the lines always got misheard though, bear a shit bear a doesn't quite make sense, and i don't really know how one could come to the conclusion that's what the lyrics were.

anyway, the show was pretty cool. they threw water everywhere, and I think their were animals too. tigers tigers tigers tigers , people eventually filled the empty club life life vita vie and it was pretty comfy except when yhwh started shit-talking some other bands, you know, even though they were bad i still think that was kind of cunty.

Timothy I think you should try and sell this one to Veeky Forums

bumping

Murakami/10

He's such a fucking hack and you nailed it.

he should have put in an uncomfortable sex scene that i could have uncomfortably jerked off to

this is the most relatable post I've seen on Veeky Forums in ages

In the beginning there was a being called God. God was an all knowing and all powerful being of pure light in the form of concentric rings. Though he was all knowing and all powerful, he still fell victim to the throes of boredom. No being could best boredom, he would think.
To satiate this boredom God created Man in his own image.

Man was an angry biped with a snake between his legs who didn't look a thing like God.
Man too found himself in the throes of boredom which God satiated with Woman. Woman was like Man but had a coin slot between his legs and large balloons on his chest. He was referred to as She. Man liked to take his snake and put it in Woman's coin slot. This, God discovered, did best boredom.
But God didn't have a snake to put in a Woman's coin slot so God was still bored. God decided to create Monkey and Serpent.

Monkey was an angry quadraped who didn't look like God either. Serpent was a an angry uniped who looked like Man's coin slot snake.
Woman's Coin Slot was a literary metaphor, a thing writers used to allude to something without mentioning it directly.
Coin Slots were things Man put coins in to get Candy or Soda. Candy was a food that killed Man and Soda was a beverage that killed Man. Man enjoyed Candy and Soda because he was not all knowing like God. Man also liked guns and knives and bombs because he was not all knowing like God. Guns and knives and bombs killed man also.
Monkey was not all knowing like God but Monkey did not make guns or knives or bombs.
All knowing God didn't know why this was.

Dark and light, not for sale: never seen.

God be create the heavens and the earth. Earth all formless and empty. Big stripes of empty all down earth, deep stripes and above the stripes darkness like the Spirit of God over the waters be like. Sick down in my insides to look at it.

Hands down best in thread. Just rewrite the whole bible and publish it like this.

easy, Cormac McCatchy

In1 the beginning2 things3 happened.

>Not even Christians seriously study the bible anymore.

Wrong! I've learned Greek and Hebrew and even rudimentary Aramaic (which isn't hard after Hebrew) to study the Bible. Latin, too, because sometimes the Vulgate (and other ancient translations) have good hints about the original text. I don't know who you hang around with, but I like confronting ancient texts on their own terms.

I'm also trying to learn Akkadian and Arabic. I just don't have quite so much time lately...

"Giants and man were born, they are [something something something]..."

Am I in the ballpark? I don't read Old Norse/Icelandic, but some of that seems sort of similar to languages I know.

user, this is a superb idea. I'd give the guy who wrote this money to do the whole thing.

Are you seven years old? Because this post is under-eighted.

Are you seven years old? Because you unironically like Hussie.

One fine morning, upon awakening, Y. found himself transforming nothingness into heaven and earth. He realised that he was still free to stop creation here if he wanted to, leaving the earth formless and empty, as there was nobody out there who could notice except the Spirit in the distance hovering over the water, which was his own Spirit anyhow, and regardless it was too dark over the water for the Spirit to notice him; but perhaps he would eventually be noticed, and the Spirit might judge and berate him sternly for his lack of effort, and as a result his respectable position might be lost. Accordingly, instead of letting the darkness lie as it naturally would, he dispelled it by saying 'Let there be light,' and there was light. He went over to the light and saw that it was good. Now to keep avoiding judgment he had to continue working on his creation, so he separated the light from the darkness. Y. called the light 'day', and the darkness he called 'night'. Should he continue even more? He considered doing so. If he would, he would seem extremely competent, but in the circumstances it might also come across as an attempt to show off. So he decided to return to his abode, and there was evening, and there was morning - the first day.

This is too good. God dammit, i hate everything.

only for first person does murakami do this, fuck

This makes me want to read the bible.

Εν ἀρχῇ
heavens
and la terra.

But the earth was
混 沌
et informis.
There was darkness over the surface
of the profundis.

sd/ ol' Gawd
"Let there be lvx!"

etc.

Wittgenstein?

See God. Pole across the space and from it stretched the above and below where above was for the angels and below was dirt. The dirt was horrible and desolate like some awful phallus penetrating the empty and see God he stands in the pitch nothing hovering just above the waters. It is good God said.

God created today. Or, maybe, yesterday; I can't be sure. The sky and the Earth are formless and empty, DEEP SYMPATHY. Which leaves the matter doubtful; it could have been yesterday.

Pete Stuart typed away at his telebong in the rearmost window cubicle at Xingtech CryoCorp just after closing when a black haired woman came through the elevator and strolled casually onto the office floor.
"Can I help you miss? We're closed for the day."
He recognized her, Bob McConchie's wife.
"Ms. McConchie?"
She tread slowly across the office and sat on Pete's desk with a TinuCorp king size cigarette in her mouth.
"You got a light?"
"Ms. McConchie, there's no smoking in here."
"I'm not Ms. McConchie anymore."
"Oh I'm sorry."
"This world is an illusion Pete. Tomorrow evening Governor Bob Tarkins is going to be assassinated."
"What?"
"By me, Pete. God created the heavens and the earth? It's all bullshit."
"Do you need a ride home lady?"

Jesus C thought today would be a perfectly reasonable day. He rose in the morning in his usual manner only to realize that there was no light this morning. He wondered where the light had been and when was the last time he had seen it.

Confused about the current state of things he decided to go and see G-d and report this strange event. He sat in G-d's waiting room the warm air choking him. 2 hours passed in this manner.
"This is ridiculous" thought C. He approached the angel Gabriel and said, "I would like to see G-d." The angel responded with an automatic, "Of course." and said nothing more and made no indication that C would ever get his meeting. "I have a very important thing to report."
"What's that?"
"I would like to discuss it with G-d."
"Why can't you discuss it here, are you hiding it?" The vulture-angel was suddenly interested.

C returned to his seat and waited and waited. Sick of the air, he took a walk outside and noticed the light had returned.

Phillip K. Dick?

of course

jaysus c say his papa don treat him rite

he dad say he the son an holy spirit an holy gos an all that an he come up to jerusualum an he start crewin nigas. tha niga turn wate into drank an he an judas go up an down those roads all week an then they crew on some nigas. jayssus say we fuck the temple up and like so and but judas straight bounces on him and says so to the fuzz who take jaysyss c an say he gon be locked up an they take his map for keeps. jaysus be cry. jaysus say his papa don treat him rite sendin him down here and they put jaysus on a big wood x and lash him with plants an shit and jaysus be cry and judah be cry too even tho he a rat fink who was crewin on jesus. and jaysus c is not 2bdenied. an jaysus says we all created by holy gost and to not fuck wit him. and jaysus say in jennasus he dad built the earf an his dad could beat up our dads so we better back the fuck off. but the cops say him to shut the fuck up and kill him on the big x. and some desert nigga steal his corpse because he wanted to sell it for $

Push by Sapphire?

DFW. Meta-simulacrum.

that is the worst attempt at african american vernacular since the last time some suburban white faggot tried it, r u european or something "matey"?

I thought those chapters were from the perspective of a white nationalist street kid though. Emil Minty or whatever

Come on, if you're gonna write Wittgenstein at least go all out and include some schizophrenic thought-experiments.

You got giants and born right, but 'man' doesn't mean men, it's a verb.
The line means '' I remember yet the giants of yore''.