When did you realise that literature was so far gone that it's hopeless to care about it?

When did you realise that literature was so far gone that it's hopeless to care about it?

I know you guys have invested too much time / self-worth to admit it but please think about it.

>females

lol

those damn females!!!!

btw ive never heard of this happening with anything re: pic

>btw ive never heard of this happening with anything re: pic

>what is the internet

>vast majority of people that work in the media-academia-publishing industrial complex are female
>most readers are female

>"Hurrrr, where do dis happen?"

The way that Veeky Forums see poetry slammers and YA, as a freak sideshow with nothing to do with the "main event"... is actually what Veeky Forums and it's taste are.

>females have no interests or personality and only exist to be vapid caricatures
>i know this by my having never interacted with a woman in my life

great thread op, now go back to your containment board

are you trying to imply that...books....were a small, obscure hobby started between a few men? are you saying that men stopped reading and publishing because women "took over"?
this specific instance of a fandom being taken over by "normies" and alienating the original creators until they leave is something ive never seen

This, btw, is why cultural appropriation is wrong.

that diagram is completely wrong.

Of which hobby can it be pratically said that it started with a few friends?

The true degredation comes when the hobby reaches critical mass and people who are inclined to like things based on their popularity become involved and attemtp to emulate or mutate the existing culture.

Not only that but the idea that a culture surrounding a hobby is best when it has just began is also silly. There is usually a sweet spot between the early elitist/ purist stage and the amorphous and meaningless stage where it is inclusive and accesible but only people with an active interest are involved. I think the reason for this is, similar to the reason for its degerdation, there is a small, commited group of degenerates who want to pretend they only like exclusive things and seek out things they can tell other people they wouldn't understand who latch on to things in their early stages.

Star Wars and capeshit keeps getting gayer and more feminist
Plus Mad Max though Mad Max series was shit more often than it was good anyway.

This is a good thread by /r9k/ standards. sage.

poor pup

all the cunt crusades to burn men who don't read women writers sicken me.

All the woman-bashing on this site isn't good for me and my journey to find a qtgf.

They did fuck up journalism pretty bad. It's just click bait blog posts about muh feelings and men bad women good shit.
Now women's soccer wants to be paid the same as men even though they couldn't beat a team of high school boys.
Everything women touch turns to shot eventually.

It's not that literature is "too far gone", it's that the hobby hasn't been seen as profitable by the masses for decades and would rather put more emphasis on STEM majors or degrees. You're probably only looking at commercilized literature like YA stuff but there's been some good books released in the past decades or so.

Well, the new Mad Max is pretty good, and Star Wars 7 is atleast better than the entire second trilogy. I'd say it is better than A New Hope, but it spends too much efford being a hommage rather than its own thing.

>the masses

I pointed this out here: .

Literature is one of many art forms. If the masses don't like it then that's no reflection on the worth of current literature.

But when the mass of THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY ARE INVOLVED with literature are shitty people, then the art form is dead.

>inb4 profit

What profit did Plato make?

Literature is dead and will degenerate in to experiemntal artfaggotry. If I had written Ulysses in 1900 I would have been hailed as a genius, like James Joyce was years later. If I publish my book of instagram selfies then I will be called a dumb hack. When Tao Lin / Mira gonzalez / whoever inevitably does it, they will be praised. The medium is dead.

Weak

I'm serious though.

Literature has never been alive, if you measure it by these standards. How many good books did you read that were written in the year 1730s? Masterworks are always few and far between, don't expect to just pick them up by the dozens going through the sale charts or some online community surrounding itself around a person or two.

The vast majority of everything is mediocre or below. And you are ignoring that Tao Lin and whoever that other one is are being critized aswell.

Get well, pupper

don't you understand sw has a female main character and i dont like mm because feminism is bad becuz i disagree with it

Yes, I understand that, you don't need to false flag it in.

It's not really false flagging when it's that obvious.

Yeah, I guess, but the comment was still kinda unnecessary and passive-aggressive.

literature as a medium is not dead and it's not thanks to shits like you

WTF is wrong with him?
Did he eat chocolate or something?
It almost looks like he ate chocolate and they gave up stuff to make him puke.