ITT- we post a book we could read at least once a year

ITT- we post a book we could read at least once a year.

dare you to hate. It's the greatest coming of age story. I'm 26 now and still hold an affinity for him.

Congratulations, you are gay!

>massively popular book
>it's autotrash

If liking it makes me gay, bring on the boipussy.

The only thing that kept me reading was to see if he got laid. He didn't.

I do think Holden would be on /r9k/ today, if you replaced "phoneys" with "normies"

cant read this piece of shit. Second try after 10 years, still makes me cringe

/lit give me one reason to keep trying

It is the most perfect picture of an adolescent mind.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It shows a young man's perspective on compromising between the innocence of youth and the conformance of adulthood.

I think Veeky Forums has ruined me. I went through this whole book thinking "Holden has autism, right?"

He doesnt?

It's a book that does a decent job of capturing the spirit of what it's like to be young and depressed

That being said it got way more attention than it should have because it appealed to a bunch of self-indulgent boomers

Catcher in the Rye is GOAT, fuck off phoneys

There was something special about Holden that captured people. He was a refreshing character. But also humans are herds, once something gets rolling people will flock to it. That accounts for the popularity.

And it also explains the hate it gets on Veeky Forums, which is amusing. It's common for anons to run against the grain on just about anything that's widely regarded as a masterpiece. Yet Holden represents around 90% of posters I'd guess, and struggles they have faced in real life. Because let's be honest, we were all depressed teenage boys at some point.

Dude, I read Ulysses twice this year already. Try harder.

*tips flask*

*tips potato*

This. Have done for many years, sometimes twice.

I think Veeky Forums has ruined me. I went through this as "Holden raped his sister, right?"

dracula and frankenstein are books i can read any time over again

story of the eye

explain this book

PHONEYS, GET OUTTTTTT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How did this meme even start? I read through the whole thing after coming on Veeky Forums so I expected that to happen the whole way through

But not all of us were "depressed" rich chad in big american city with bunch of hot girls floating around his dick

Christian Kracht’s „Faserland“.

He wasn't a Chad. He never got laid. And if you're taking time to post on Veeky Forums, that means you either have a mobile device, or a pc. That's called having expendable income.

Only cause he does not want to, there is entire paragraph about how many girls he had and just not get laid cause he was not sure. Also look at his brother's friend, hot girl from ice-skating and this shy qt he played tennis with. Homestly any r9k user would kill for his experiences, environment and atractiveness