A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read on Veeky Forums and think it deserves a thread of its own

A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read on Veeky Forums and think it deserves a thread of its own
Here's what you're gonna do OP. Listen carefully because this is very important advice. Lots of people think cooking is all about complicated recipes, big cookbooks and arduous effort. Really it's more of an innate thing.

Learning to cook is much more simple, so pay close attention to what I'm going to say. Are you listening?

Fry an egg and experiment with various seasoning. This will give you an idea of what flavours go well together which is the most important quality in cooking. Fry an egg, cut it in quarter, season each quarter differently. Try one with cayenne and, I dunno, chives? Just experiment with lots of seasoning combinations.

Then fry another egg and repeat the process. Keep frying eggs and experimenting until you get a good idea of what works. You can eat 3-4 eggs in a day, heck you're from Veeky Forums so probably 6+. If you eat 6 eggs in a day, that's 24 egg quarters, 24 seasoning combinations in a day. You're talkng about 1000 seasoning combinations in just over a month.

At this stage you'll be a spicemaster and what/how you cook wont matter because you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs, and this WILL make you a good cook.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or nah

I've actually been wondering what goes best on fried eggs, any suggestions Veeky Forums?

Fuck, I thought this pasta was over and done with.

Post the sogwich one next time, OP

Salt and pepper

Or you can build an industrial machine that fries eggs with various seasonings.

Assuming you taste and spit most eggs, you can try at least one every 5 seconds, or 5760 per workday.
That means if you taste seasonings full time you can taste over 130,000 eggs in a month.

This is guaranteed to make you the best cook ever.

with bread and mayo.

That sounds like a lot of hassle.

Soy sauce.

Hahahaha my sides

Salt, and your chili paste of choice

Tobasco if you're a vinegar loving pleb

So the key to cooking is finding out what tastes good on fried eggs? I don't even like fried eggs.

This is actually a really good approach, for eggs or anything else.

If you really _master_ a few basic cooking techniques, and learn how to use a variety of herbs and spices well, you'll be able to make a ton of simple dishes that are much tastier (and faster) than a ton of complicated (and often expensive) dishes.

what's a good herb or spice selection for a relatively limited budget
>captcha:select all images with eggs
spooky

Does anyone else dip their salty, piping hot french fries in their egg yolk?

Always salt and any of the following:
Sauteed garlic and/or onions
Chili sauce
Black pepper
Brown gravy & white rice

Some staples I keep in my pantry-
smoked paprika, nutritional yeast (sounds gross, but I find it delicious), garlic powder, lemon pepper, ginger powder, oregano, red pepper flakes. Lots of others that can vary, but I always have those around.

Also, I try to always keep a rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, and decent olive oil on hand.

Might end up different for you, but from my experimentation I find that those things are always useful for my taste buds. You can find expensive versions of all of those, and it might be tight to pick them all up at once (depending on how limited your budget is), but there are decent versions of all of these that are relatively cheap (with the possible exception of nutritional yeast; seems like the price varies quite a bit depending on where I can find it, and in different parts of the country).

Salt pepper onion avocado and fresh squeezed lime juice

people say nutritional yeast tastes kinda cheesy

people are liars

it tastes alright in sauces but it's some pretty unique shit

fuck that just follow this obligatory post.
youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

I'd agree with this. It has something kind of like a cheese flavor to it, but the rest of the flavor is too different for me to really say it's like cheese.

I like it a lot, both in sauces and as a seasoning, but it's unique enough that it's probably hit or miss for most people.

It's maybe kinda nutty?

idk

whatever it is, it works for a lot of the stuff I cook

and it's pretty good for you, so we're the real winners here

Thanks for the advice, bro.

My first experiment was (1) kimchi, (2) bearnaise, (3) bulls eye bbq sauce, and (4) poutine

enjoy your ban

Ms dash

So you're saying I have to eat all the eggs?

Jesus fucking Christ, no.

Eggs are sacred. Eggs are holy. You must fry your eggs with whole butter. You must never break the yolk.

lewd

Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

But then I'm a purist.

I think the point is that a fried egg is a really generic flavor so any combinations of spices will work on it.

>Kosher salt

What?

Is there halal salt?

Vegetarian salt?

Non-vegetarian salt?!

Lol, its just non-iodized and bigger crystals than standard table salt. Usually non-iodized salt is labled kosher in the US.

My nigga.

Is there any way to make scrambled eggs "unique" at all? It seems like you can only put certain spices into it and anything else will just taste wrong or like shit.

>the point is that a fried egg is a really generic flavor
It's not though. Eggs have a distinct smell and taste, aside from a wide array of textures.

OP's post is mildly retarded. There is a lot to learn about cooking and frying eggs repeatedly won't teach you much. Experimentation is a good exercise for someone who wants to learn though.