I never got what "t." meant. Is it short for "thanks"? or "then"? or what...

I never got what "t." meant. Is it short for "thanks"? or "then"? or what? Why do I always see this at the beginning of sentences on Veeky Forums? I've seen similar usage with terms like "et al." and "v." (as in the word "very"). What is this called?

Other urls found in this thread:

ylilauta.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The finnish word "terveiset", which means "regards".

It's Finnish for "regards, X"

So you're saying

Actually books are great

t. Veeky Forums user

This. It can be used in the context of 'I'm an authority on this subject' like

>there are not actually that many muslims in sweden though
>t. swede

Or it can be used as a response to someone else to imply a certain identity, for example a response to the fictional post that goes

>t. muhammad

I never understood what 'the' means, I just went with it and now I'm too embarrased to ask what that heck does it means!

Please enlighten me!

OP here, thanks for the explanation, Can someone still enlighten me to what those kinds of abbreviations are called?

holy fucking shit, i was thinking the exact same thing when i scrolled over this post, like the moment before i started scrolling i was going to look it up and then i saw this post, fucking hell are you me OP?

I am you.

t. OP

You've got a writer's attitude. I like this kid.

How the hell has "t." spread outside the Finnish language?

ylilauta.org/ leakage

The Finns are renowned for spreading outside their own territory. Look at Genghis Khan.

spurdo :DDDDD

The same way Spurdo Spärde did champ.

Finland is one of the leading countries in the international memetics field and a top exporter of artisinal memes.

/pol/ and their endless meme spouting caused it.
You'll often see:
t. Le cuc k xD
t. Pleb xD
t. ahmed
t. alberto barbossa
It's just /pol/ shit, ignore it, filter it if you can.

t. Mehmet

t. newfag

Absolutely none of those come from /pol/.

It's a meme over on /v/ that came from Civilization

i imagine because english doesn't have a language construct and it is sort of easier to use than trying to sound like a prick by starting a post on Veeky Forums with "as a X I think that ...."

>What is this called?
Abbreviations

t. an inbred redditor who needs to kill himself

Little did the Hwangooks know what they would unleash by activating the Mass Autism Array.