Glucose is what the body uses for energy right?So could you live on just glucose bars and vitamin/mineral tablets?

Glucose is what the body uses for energy right?So could you live on just glucose bars and vitamin/mineral tablets?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs312/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If the glucose bars also contain amino acids and fatty acids.

Ur body will reject you.

youd also need anti-oxidants

Have fun shitting without any fiber

you seem to think shit is a thing that happens?? like are you retarded
shit is the leftovers from food (aka the mass or fiber itself is what makes shit)
if you're consuming pure energy such as literal fat or simply glucose, there is no extra with which to create shit

god you're retarded user

By the sounds of it, his body already has

You can't survive alone on glucose, you have to have some protein or you'll die in a horrible fucking way

It happens all the time with vegan feeding babies nothing but juice.

>Crown Shakur died of starvation, he was 6 weeks old and weighed 3.5 pounds. His vegan parents, who fed him mainly soy milk and apple juice, were convicted in Atlanta recently of murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty.

i once spent 8 days not eating and after the third one i stopped going to the bathroom

Except that shit also contains dead blood cells and all sorts of other byproducts of your metabolism. You can't be alive without shitting, and the only retarded one here is you.

why did you stop eating baby?

Glucose is the end-product of the lengthy process of digestion. Glucose provides energy and nothing else. You need vitamins and nutrients to survive; calories, or "energy", just won't cut it.

You shed blood cells in your urine you fuckwit, you don't need to shit if theres minimal mass

you're literally handitarded

Yeah, most of the byproducts of your metabolic processes leave via the urine or through respiration. Iron is pretty much the only thing that is excreted on occasion, but given the amount of mg you have in your body at any time and how it is recycled, you're not going to get poop.

Why did you stop eating?
Did you lose a lot of weight?
What happened when you started eating again regularly?
What kind of fluids did you drink?
How did you not just pass out?
How did you function?

I am very curious

Not the same user, but I didn't eat for three months and survived on nothing but saline solution and drugs.

I had a watery shit every ten days or so.

It was a combination of a broken jaw and other bones and pain killers killing my appetite.

Your body wasn't designed expecting to find large quantities of pure glucose in nature, as it is the end game of carbohydrates in your digestion system. You'll get diabetes and die.

i wanted to see how long i could stand it
14 pounds but i was on a diet and didnt exactly weight myself the day before so it could have been 12
i didnt start eating again regularly, before that i was already eating one meal every couple of days and i started doing that again
water
i slept like 12 hours a day because i kept feeling tired
u was a neet
i felt tons of stomach cramps until i started dreinking lost of water and that calmed them a lot
i had a friend crashing my home at the time and in the third day he begged me to go to the store because he was starving, i remember he bought a mountain of food and i didnt buy anything, when we came back he ate it infront of me offering me some every 3 minutes but i didnt want any.
After months of dieting if you managed to cut fat, sugar, carbs, etc you loose all desire for food.
I ended up loosing 70 pounds total but then i got depressed, gained it back and tried to kill myself. To this day i retain the memory that if left by my own devices i could manage fine but its the world thats rotten, i never tried to loose weight again

Wow thats pretty wild user, howndid you break your jaw??
You were in the hospital the whole time?

You lost the weight in a way that was mad unhealthy, that's why u got depressed

Lose it the proper way by eating less garbage and more vegetables. And do some exercise u fatty. I promise you'll feel better about urself!

Are you okay now user..?

Im also neet and not eating well either, I suddenly lost my appetite for food but I still drink a lot because depression but I am worried about you, maybe you need to talk to a therapist man.

Thats some self control you have though I am amazed honestly.
What happened to make you depressed and re gain the weight lost, if i may ask?

Mugging gone bad. Broken jaw. Cracked vertebrae. Broken ribs. Had to relearn how to walk because my muscles atrophied.

Was in the hospital for three months and ate only ensure and smoothies for two months after that until they unwired my jaw. I was shitting cinder blocks for those last two months.

At least I didn't lose my phone or wallet.

i got depressed a couple months after that when i started working my first job.
People always tell you to loose weight, work and study and that when you manage all three you will finally be happy.
Turns out that when you do what people tell you they are nice for a day maybe two and then all the shit starts over again, they still treat you like shit and you still feel like that.
And like a moron you fall for the lie time and time again until you had enough

im as well as i can be
im not depressed anymore but i eat wathever i want, i dont work and even when i set a goal for myself like learning to draw i give up so often and for so long that a year of practice may aswell be 3 months
because i fail to see the point, because there is no point. There is no such thing as fate but there may aswell be. If you are born poor you will die poor and if enough people tell you you are garbege you become garbage

>If you are born poor you will die poor

If you are lazy, you will die poor

My family comes from literal dirt, favelas in Brazil which are just as bad as in City of God or any other representaiton

Now I live in the UK in a house worth over a million, it would've been easy to just accept that I'm a favelado and stay there for life or you can try do something about it like my mum did

you dont understand what i men by poor.
Plus laziness is both genetic and the result of education. Without your superior genes and your upper class education you would be nothing today

sorry i assumed to much without reading the ewntire post, i will leave my original reply instead of deleting for everyone to see i acted like a moron.
There is a lot you are not saying tho

Yeah, like he fucking tried, you stupid mook.

Get off your ass and better yourself. You'll still fucking die one day but at least you can give the world a middle finger on the way out and say "I took the shit you gave me, motherfucker!"

i would rather shoot up a school or sorority house or island but im not murrikan
the problem with whatyou say is that the world rewards bad people so in order to succeed i have to put someone for the same shit i went through

What about Eminem? And Martin Shkreli?

ultimately i could loose the weight and do everything else entirely for myself but i dont know how to do things for myself, i spent my entire life trying to please people and failing and thats what i know how to do, when i told the world to fuck off i shut myself in my room but that didnt bring me happiness either, at least it didnt bring me pain tho

some people manage to and good for them im glad it happens. I said it already i know i can do all these things but i dont want to, i feel cheated. I feel like i was born deserving love and safety for my formative years, i didnt get anything close to that and now im bitter and dont want any sorth of contact with people

You sound autistic

Kek. Okay, millenial.

[spoiler]I feel the same way, but I know I shouldn't so I usually just keep that shit to myself.[/spoiler]

all i want is what was taken away from me, what i was born deserving. If my parents couldnt provide safety where was the state? where were the neighborgs, the school, the police?
Everything is a joke, a lie and i dont belive lies anymore i have nothing, i dont even have rights. All i have is what i can make or steal because thats how the world works and i refuse to take part in it

Body is roughly 25% efficient; so even if you eat pure sugar, you won't use all of it. There is always waste.
No, you cannot fucking survive eating pure sugar. This is because your body needs fats for hormone synthesis and protein for muscle synthesis and upkeep. There is also the issue of getting vitamins and minerals for health.

>14 pounds in 8 days
kk

possible depending on size at start, with the knowledge that it's somethign ridiculous like 90% water + waste weight

i dont even know how to speak propperly. I shut down and stutter because talking back meant getting beaten.
I will never stop feeling angry and no matter what i will never feel like anyone paid me back. If you cant understand that (well you do) you have no buisness talking to me

This, completely accurate

Why is it only 25% efficient?

Well for one thing, nothing is 100% efficient in this universe.
The body is about as efficient as a typical combustion engine. Lots of energy is lost to heat, friction, etc.
The body is simply not perfect. As for why 25%, there's probably no simple answer but a physicist or an engineer could tell you theoretical max efficiency for a given machine under perfect conditions and then things that make the body not have that efficiency. As far as I remember, theoretically perfect efficiency is 40% and it just goes down from there.

Why isn't this theoretical max efficiency 40% instead of 100%? Is that true for all systems, or is the 40% specific to the human body? So what you mean by this, is that the average human body is 25% efficient, but it could potentially be 40% efficient max?
Thank you for responding.

Im glad you feel better now user.
My senpai came over from war and had nothing but you have to work hard, save money and invest.
But i am kind of poor myself.
I know I can work hard and save money and better myself but I am kind of stuck and being neet doesn't help but uts hard to get out from it when you feel like shit everyday, exhausted and sick for no reason.

Wow that is pretty fucked up, where do you live to get mugged so badly??

Look up Carnot Cycle. It's not very intuitive and there's a lot of math behind it, but the basic gist is that all systems "wind down" eventually. Otherwise there would be a possibility of perpetual motion wherein an object could behave as though it was using energy when no energy is entering the system. The second law of thermodynamics dictates that there is always some energy lost to heat instead of motion. If this wasn't true, it would be possible to make a computer that never overheats or a car that could move while remaining at a constant temperature.

was it a black dude

That user is making numbers up, but efficiency is calculated by desired work output divided by energy input. The function of the human is to move, think, maintain internal conditions conducive to life, etc. The chemical reactions that produce that energy are not 100% efficient. You will always lose energy to the surroundings or due to lack of utilization.

As for a theoretical maximum, the best a heat engine can perform is limited by the Carnot cycle, which is an idealized (read, not realistic) depiction of a thermodynamic process that all engines go through. The efficiency is based on temperature with 100% only happening when there is an infinite temperature difference between the hot and cool side of the cycle.

even fiber is needed to some extent for intestinal health

The Carnot Cycle doesn't use the second law of thermo in its principles, it simply states the theoretical maximum efficiency of a heat cycle.

Right, but if you can understand the Carnot Cycle you can probably understand why there's a theoretical maximum percentage of efficiency for any working system. The second law is what dictates that no system can operate without some sort of loss of function. Both are involved in describing why something can't be 100% efficient. Right?

San Jose.
Two Mexican dudes.

But the concepts are not inherently linked as your post made it out to be. The Carnot Cycle assumes an isothermal, isentropic, and adiabatic process. That's why its the theoretical maximum because none of those are ever the case because the second law of thermo.

The gist of the carnot cylce isn't that all things wind down, it's to show what the efficiency would be if they didnt.

I guess I wasn't really clear in my wording. The Carnot Cycle should probably be in a different paragraph. I just meant the gist of why there can't be 100% efficiency.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

ctrl+f "Carnot"

POW MUTHAHFUCKER

Yea, das it mane.

A good physicist invented two concepts that are related but they don't mean the same thing.

The statement "All systems must be less efficient than its related Carnot engine" is a statement of the second law, but that doesn't tell you what a carnot engine is.

Read the wiki

BUILD WALL

Think they were illegals?

Your point is valid, but the vegan stuff is irrelevant and misleading.

"Prosecutor Chuck Boring said during the trial no matter how many times they want to say, '"We're vegans, we're vegetarians," that's not the issue in this case. The child died because he was not fed. Period.."

>because he was not fed

>happens all the time
>gives an example of a baby that was maliciously murdered by its parents via starvation
>confuses malnutrition with starvation

The baby died because it wasn't getting enough calories. Nobody can survive on juice because it's basically just sugar and water with maybe a bit of fiber if you're feeling fancy. Soy milk is extremely healthy, perhaps more so than cow's milk, and would have given the baby a chance of survival had it been fed enough (though not a great chance, compared to human breast milk).

Real vegans tend to know this and much more. If you care to inform yourself even a little you can figure out a vegan diet with nutrients equivalent to an omnivorous diet.

Naw. They had a local accent.

Diabetes isn't caused by sugar, holy fuck you goddamn Americans.

Type 2 is, which is what most people are talking about when they talk about it.
Too much sugar -> Lots of insulin -> Drop in insulin sensitivity.
>tfw type 1 and basically fucked for life

>Too much sugar -> Lots of insulin -> Drop in insulin sensitivity.
This is false.
It could not possibly be more wrong.
That's precisely my point. Insulin does not cause insulin resistance. Low-carb low-insulin diets cause insulin resistance. High-insulin diets do not cause diabetes and never have. I don't even know where this idea came from since there is zero science to support it.

Vitamins and minerals are easy to supplement, but fiber and necessary fats not so much. You'd probably get pretty sick, but you could probably go on for a little while. It might actually be interesting to try out for a little while, so long as you're monitoring your health.

you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, insulin is produced by the body not eaten.

have some facts and go be an arrogant idiot on /b/ or /pol/
who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs312/en/