What can I make to eat with almost no money? I've got about $100 for food for the next 4 months...

What can I make to eat with almost no money? I've got about $100 for food for the next 4 months, I don't want to live off of ramen and I'd rather cook my meals too. All I can think of is rice, beans, and eggs. What do you guys make when you're short on cash?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Steel-Cut-Oats-Pound-Bag/dp/B0096S6OX4
knowledge.ca/program/just-eat-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rice, legumes, seasonal veggies, chicken, pasta

Pasta, and a couple bags of frozen chicken (cheap generic brand) are a couple of recommendations that will go a long way

lobster, soda, crab, steaks, snacks

just use your real money somewhere else

also potatos

thats really only 4 dollars a week, bananas and nuts would be good too, bulk popcorn you pop yourself on the stove.

corn grits

I go to the dining facility.
Join the military.

go to a whole foods salad bar and make it look like you paid for it, no one will notice or say anything

dumpster dive

yeah user is gonna be losing weight either way
4$/week does not 2k cals a day make

Get a fucking job you worthless hobo. People like you are why we need Trump.

Op has to go back

Are you fucking dumb? Are you able to use the cognitive abilities that your mind allows you to? People like you are literally going to be what causes the end of the world. God you people are dumb

So why can't you get a job OP?

>instant pot
Bernie cuck detected.

To be completely honest $100 for 4 months there's no fucking reason he shouldn't get a job. at least odd jobs.

Hell even if you couldn't leave the house you can do online shit like Amazon Mechanical Turk. I've done that before and you can make $25-50 a day without much effort.

Do you have the means/ability to hunt? Even some small game would go a ways to help your situation.

Buy a ton of ingredients for bread and oatmeal ... so you'll always have bread and porridge to fall back on.

For the rest, scrounge it up. Soup kitchen, dumpster diving, whatever.

answer the fucking question OP. why can't you find enough work in four months to cover food? you a dindu? just lazy?

You might want to consider getting Foodstamps/EBT/SNAP/w.e.
You could probably get close to $100 a month if you quality.
Like $100 for 4 months seems really shitty

amazon.com/Steel-Cut-Oats-Pound-Bag/dp/B0096S6OX4

You're gonna be spending the rest on multivitamins and oils

Oh god that's depressing

I hope OP means $100 a month for 4 months

So that'll net you what, 400-500 calories a day for 4 months? With the vitamins he MIGHT live but he's gonna be fucking Christian Bale from The Machinist when he's done.

Freeganism. Look into it and do it. If you live in a big city you'll eat better than if you were to start buying food.

If you live in Canada or just use a vpn you can watch this awesome documentary about freeganism. Will blow your mind what these people find being thrown out...

knowledge.ca/program/just-eat-it

>Freeganism.

Dumpster diving. The term you are looking for is called Dumpster Diving.

He'll have to use cheap oils to drive up the calories a little, but yes. 100$ for 4 months is less than a dollar a day. Surviving hobos literally manage better than that, lmao

OP, spend the 100$ on knee-pads and makeup. Once you get hungry enough you'll know the true path

Buy an air pistol and a ski mask, rob a convenience store. Probably the best investment.

Be sure the cashier is a frail girl, more likely to be fooled by an air gun

Remove the orange tip and you'll likely be fine.

One of these is a real gun, the other is a replica air pistol that Tamir Rice pulled on police. You think any shop clerk is going to argue with one of these?

You can find food not in the garbage bin as well. Don't demean these people, it's not like they directly affect you anyways.

That's, at most, 372 meals. Buying 20lbs of rice and 16lbs of beans covers 248 meals (124 beans and rice dinners and 124 rice pudding breakfasts) if you add 7lbs of onion, 24oz of oil, 4lbs of butter, 3lbs of sugar and 1 2/3lbs of salt. That sets you back $47 and gives you a few extra servings, just because.
Maruchan ramen can be had most places 25¢ per package and eggs are on sale this week at Walgreens for 69¢/dz, limit two offers per card.
Get 120 Maruchan packets. That's $30.
Sign up for a WG card, get two dozen eggs. Either go to the same WG again 8 hours later or go to a different WG immediately after and sign up for another card and get another two dozen eggs. Repeat this process until you have 12 dozen eggs, using different sign up information each time. That's $8.28. This leaves you with $14.72. Boil the eggs and use some of that $14.72 left to buy a gallon of vinegar to pickle them. That's $3.

Buy $11 worth of frozen green veg with the remainder.

There you are. Four months' eating for under $100.

Do the oats have enough fats for vitamins to be absorbed?

That's what the oils the guy I responded to are for, to add that fat and some extra calories.

OP if you're still there and this is temporary
Go to a food pantry and ask for some help.
They'll give you some food every week, enough to live off of, and you can use that $100 to help supplement that
Be sure that if/when you get out of the hole you crawled out of, you pay it forward and donate back to the kitchen.

Not to mention the risk of rabbit starvation

Ah yeah, forgot about that

Regular starvation is still a risk let a lone that. But it's probably the best plan overall; It has the cheapest calories with some vitamins to help stave off disease.

Literally living off horse feed...
this thread made me appreciate my life situation alot more, thanks OP

What is it with you people and the rice and chicken? Those are the last 2 things I would ever eat. Gotta have beef and taters to get filled up.

Well shit

Because chicken and rice are just as nutritious and cost less than half as much. Budget is an issue here.

I make a cheap ass soup from frozen veggies, water, and spices.

>rice
>nutritious
Try again, Gooklet.

Around here chicken is really expensive.

It's not about what you buy but where you buy it. Try a Chinese food store to get some frozen dumplings and rice. Also consider both gathering weeds (e.g. lamb's quarters, purslane) and dumpster diving, also going to food pantries and getting stuff free from Craigslist.

Checked.

Checked.

Get a job or do odd jobs.

Or at least tell us what situation you're in and why you're incapable of making extra on the side. That is, if you're not just making shit up for (you)'s.

Buy flour, eggs, milk, and protein powder. Combine ingredients into a dough. Form dough balls and bake or boil. You now have cheap as dirt calorie/protein balls that can sustain you for months for well under 100 dollars.

Holy fuck, I've been disabled for half a year, and haven't wanted to get on disability. This is a godsend, is there more like it?

That's the only one I know of. Stick with it, build your reputation, and get a few certifications on there. After time you'll get better paying jobs.