Tap water sourced more than 30 miles from a mountain

>tap water sourced more than 30 miles from a mountain

How can you flatlanders even stand it?

Nobody drinks tapwater anymore.
It isn't the fucking dark ages friendle.

Mexican detected.

>implying Mexican has wifi

>implying anyone who has 24/7 access to the most delicious water coming out of the faucet would ever resort to paying for bottled water

>he thinks proximity to a mountain defines water quality

Silly lil' fag detected.

>Nobody drinks tapwater anymore.
>third worldler spotted

do people shake your hand with a stick?

You are right, he is a total degenerate with a very simple mind.

>tap water

There's your problem you homo. Tested and clean well water here.

It all tastes the same through a filter anyway so who cares.

Unfiltered municipal tap water is literally shit-tier. Even my cat has a charcoal filter in his water fountain.

I live on the Great Plains and it tastes fine. But the town to the east's water tastes like fish, and the west's tastes like metal. Ours is way better. No idea whyo

>tfw dirty well water even with reverse osmosis

>tfw live in the state with the cleanest water
>All water from other states tastes like fucking blood

what state?

In my old town, I had to cycle the water through three britta filters to make it not disgusting.

There was also an absurd amount of arsenic in the groundwater.

Baton rouge has surprisingly delicious water. I've also greatly enjoyed the water in seattle

>tfw Michigan

>not drinking delicious well water from a deep aquifer

>tfw used to live in Oklahoma, where the tap water was delicious
>moved to Indiana and it tastes like shit

I used to never buy bottled water, but I can't even force myself to like the tap water here.

Tap water from Missouri river > tap water from Mississippi river. I don't know the reasons but the taste buds do not lie.

That's all I'll say.

>>not drinking delicious well water from a deep aquifer
This user is right.
>had to dig new well.
>well drillers hit water at 35 feet
>I had them drill down to 140 feet deep into bedrock
>water tested out as PURE with only slight manganese and lime
>middle of summer, water is ICE COLD right from the tap.

Oh so refreshing

so why not buy a filter instead of paying the idiot tax on bottled water over and over again?

I dunno what indiana water is like, but I've been to places where a filter just doesn't get rid of the horrible taste

Pretty impractical to have a steam distillation rig just for drinking water, most people aren't going to end up in the poorhouse from buying a couple gallons of distilled water a week

Then again I wouldn't expect a hamplanet like you to understand why people would pay "the idiot tax" on water considering you'll have a panic attack if someone takes away your 2L bottles of faygo

>I've been to places where a filter just doesn't get rid of the horrible taste

That's physically impossible, unless it was the wrong kind of filter or it was beyond its lifespan.

>>steam distillation
You don't need that, user. A carbon cartridge is all you need.

>>bottles of faygo
I drink tap water, user.

Keep payin' the idiot tax!

>that's physically impossible
>no true water filter
I'm afraid you're wrong, obviously you have never had really bad tap water
>Keep payin' the idiot tax!
I don't buy bottled water as I don't live in a place like that. I'm just helping you understand that there is a world outside of the 75 mile radius around the hospital where you were born and spent your entire life. But surely everyone who isn't exactly like you must hate America and want to kill you, right?

Filtered tap water is fine long as it's ice cold. I use bottle water just for convenience. I suppose I could try and get a couple reusable chill bottles, but we always have bottle water on hand in case of hurricanes anyway

>obviously you have never had really bad tap water

I'm afraid you either used the wrong filter or used an old worn-out filter. I'm also afraid you failed chem 101.

>> world outside
Clearly. But like I said, what you describe is literally impossible. So I'm faced with making the following decision:

-either you haven't actually tried a filter, and/or your filter was the wrong kind
or
-magically, the laws of physics work differently in your area.

I think the former is much more likely.

mile radius
lol. I speak three languages and have lived on three continents.

Why do you keep falling back to insults here? Why can't you make a logical argument like "well, I tried brand X filter when I lived in Y and that didn't remove the taste". At least then we could narrow down exactly what the problem was.

I'm not getting into a shitposting contest where you keep backsliding your definition of filter
It's obvious I'm referring to those carbon filter cartridge pitcher things, sold under brand names such as Brita
But sure, that's not a TRUE filter and everyone can just tear open their kitchen and install a 5-stage clusterfuck system and if they don't it means they must be stupid

>mfw from Slaterville Springs

>>backsliding your definition of filter
I have yet to even state a definition, let alone change it.

Who said anything about a 5-stage clusterfuck? You sure like to use your hyperbole, don't you?

>>Brita
Makes perfect sense why it didn't work. The cartridge is physically too small for highly contaminated water. It "wears out" in mere moments. Of fucking course it's not a "real filter". It's wal-mart tier bullshit.

You need a basic cartridge filter, like pic related. The housing costs about the same as a brita and lasts for decades. The cartridges cost about $10 each and will last for a few to several months, depending on exactly how much water you use and how dirty it is. Cheaper than a brita, more effective than a brita. Nothing special, just a basic filter that any hardware or plumbing store will have.

This diagram shows it hooked up to a separate faucet but honestly it's easier to plumb it inline with your faucet. Less work, cheaper, and now all the water coming out your tap is filtered.

>just rip up your countertop and install new plumbing guise!
Because everyone is planning on living in the same place forever and owns the kitchen they use, right?

Did you own the house you lived in on all three continents you supposedly lived in? Oh, what's that? You haven't actually left your trailer park?

Yeah, thought so

You guys find the weirdest shit to feel superior about
Is american water really so shit that you need a setup like this?!

The US has the third most surface area of any country, we have everything from the most pristine angelic water you'll ever drink, to literal toxic sludge that will kill you. Why am I even explaining this.

>just rip up your countertop
What are cupboard doors.

>>just rip up your countertop and install new plumbing guise!

Why not? It's cheap and easy. If you've never used a tool before I can see how it might seem big and scary and all that but there's plenty of tutorials online that can show you how if you don't know. You don't need to rip up anything: open the door under your sink to access the pipes. You're making this seem like a big deal when in reality it's a 30 minute job that costs about the same as a Brita pitcher.

>>Did you own the house you lived in
Nope. In Denmark I lived with family. In Korea I lived in an apartment. Now I live in the US. I do currently own my home, but I didn't before.

>>your trailer park
I'm still wondering why you're tossing insults my way when I'm trying to help you save money.

I only used it in Denmark. But it's not as if all the water in a given country is the same. It varies from place to place. Drive 30 miles and how the water comes from a different source through different pipes. There's no consistency in water quality. Some places you could use a filter, some you don't need it.

>You don't need to rip up anything
Hello, are you just going to crawl under the sink any time you need water? Or have a crazy "drinking hose" that you unravel?

No, you're using special Veeky Forums logic where it's not really a problem because it's not your kitchen

Last time I went fishing in my towns drinking water I drank a few beers and pissed in the water.
My entire town is drinking and washing with my pee!

>Hello, are you just going to crawl under the sink any time you need water?

No, I'm just going to open my faucet. I even explained this already:

>it's easier to plumb it inline with your faucet. Less work, cheaper, and now all the water coming out your tap is filtered.

>>it's easier to plumb it inline with your faucet
So you can reduce the flow by 80% just to avoid buying bottled water? Not to mention having to replace the carbon filter about 100x more frequently than necessary?

Yeah, no. Sorry, but for people in that situation it's more rational just to buy bottled water. Nobody goes through so much of it that it's worth fucking up your sink and pissing off the landlord just to save like 50 cents a week.

>So you can reduce the flow by 80% just to avoid buying bottled water?

I've installed several of these. There isn't an appreciable flow restriction unless you have low water pressure. In that case you can simply remove the restrictor form the aerator in your faucet.

>>replace cartridge more than needed
How so? The filter only goes on the cold side. What do you use cold water for other than cooking purposes? Filtered water is much better for cooking pasta, making stock, coffee, etc. Same thing you'd use the brita for.

The hot water doesn't have the filter, and that's the one you use for situations where you don't need filtered water, like washing dishes.

>>that it's worth fucking up your sink
Why do you even think this is a risk at all?

Sophisticated filtration and purification systems.

It's Florida, we make due.

>Not knowing rhode island has the cleanest water

*do

When tap water is really good, like here in Kansas City, there are no benefits to using filters at all.

I used to live in Houston. My god the water there was shit.

Edmonton has the best tap water of any large city I've ever visited.

>all these fucking plebs drinking public water
>all the other plebs drinking bottled water because their only alternative is public water

>mfw

Florida aquifer, mountainnigger.

what places have the best tap water?

how do i know if the ground i live on is flat