Are dogs allowed in your kitchen while you're cooking?

Are dogs allowed in your kitchen while you're cooking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPp6RrEGc5k
strawpoll.me/10960382/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

joke about asians and dogs in a culinary context

My pupper will mill around in the kitchen, yes.
But not even Francis would be allowed on the counter.

I always lock my dog and cats out of the kitchen because I'm worried my dog might prop himself up on the stove and burn his paws onthe heat platter. Or that my cats might jump on the hot pans and make themselves into chinese dinner.

Remember once my ex and me was making this great asian dinner. Lined all up, pot on table. We ate and drank, there was plenty of leftovers.
Grabbed the little terrier up on the table and let him finish the pot.
He also slept in our bed.

My dog will always try to follow me into the kitchen while I cook, but I make her leave, and then she sits right at the very edge of the border between the kitchen and the dining room and stares at me the whole time I cook.

My roommates cat sat on the toaster once. I turned it on. Fucker learned his lesson.

My kitchen is very small, so no. She doesn't sniff around my skillets or get close to the oven but she lays right in the middle of the floor and becomes a tripping hazard. She always gets a cut of meat and a vegetable for staying outside the kitchen like a good doggo, though. She is especially fond of baked fish.

ex's pets > exes

youtube.com/watch?v=XPp6RrEGc5k

Yes. He knows the rules: Sit patiently, no puppies on the counters, and he gets a little taste or a treat if it's not safe to share with dogs.

Doge was the best choice.

That is some disciplined cat.

>Grabbed the little terrier up on the table and let him finish the pot.

not letting your pet eat while you're eating/food from the table is pets 101. whats wrong with you?

strawpoll.me/10960382/

Dogs are not allowed in my house. They belong outside.

>taking the featured poll doesn't remove it

>Are dogs allowed in your kitchen while you're cooking?

Nope. They're not even allowed in the house.

They're animals. They live outside where they can run, play, chase birds, dig, etc, like they do naturally. Keeping them inside is just silly: you have to force them to stop doing their own natural behaviors, and you have to deal with the messes. It's bad for you and it's bad for the dog.

Any dog will finish their bowl in 30 seconds.
You can feed a dog ad nauseam, it will puke and carry on.
Besides, that critter wasn't missing anything.

huh? I dont understand what you're trying to say. the point isnt that you're gonna ruin its appetite, but that it will learn that it can manipulate you so that it gets what it wants, which will lead to further issues.

No, they're required.

Modern people dont really have a clue that animals ... are excactly that.. nothing wrong with that, we bond with animals its a mutual thing.
Some takes it even furter, trying to become friends with animal, its sick.

>Capable of recognizing human speech
>Can be trained to assist humans in everyday tasks
>Capable of emotion
>Will die trying to keep you from harm
>Many other listable traits that merit a close bond

And you don't want to be friends with your dog? I don't understand your logic.

wow you sound like a psychopath

We didnt just breed them but ourselves through the symbiotic relationship

Dog is part of many Mens DNA imo

fuck cats

I remember someone explaining how Jun is able to discipline his cat so well when cooking and eating his food. Apparently if you watch his videos you'll notice he constantly brings certain ingredients to the cats nose. He does it for ingredients that cats wouldn't find appetising so they assume all human food isn't edible for consumption.

Noice.

>Will die trying to keep you from harm
only if its trained to do so or if it disrespects you so much that it deems you incapable of doing anything.

most dogs will not give a fuck if something is attacking you.

cats are psychopaths

It was a 2 hour dinning, listening to music, having fun.
Should we have paid attention to the critter and fed him 2 hrs straight?
Hardly.

>most dogs will not give a fuck if something is attacking you

Every dog I've ever known will get in your face if you're fucking with or playfighting with their owner. Cousin's ex had a big floofy Pyrenees that took a chunk out of someone's leg because an argument got too heated. My Dog would growl and snap if someone so much as fucked with my stuff. You're so full of shit.

Probably bait, but, I fell for it. Here's your (you).

They're perfectly capable of going in and out, you fucking retard.

Remember, dogs are Haram in Islam. So if you encounter a poster who's staunchly anti-dog, they're likely a mudslime who you can disregard.

But, to answer OP's question, no. Dogs get all up under your legs and love to be in the fucking way. I make them wait outside the kitchen and maybe make them a little something with the surplus of whatever I made. That way they get to be included in the meal, but know not to drool on my leg for fucking scraps.