Itt: meme foods in your country

itt: meme foods in your country

in australia we have the halal snack pack which is a huge trend over east. layer of chips, layer of cheese, layer of meat and chicken, and three sauces of your choosing.

its tasty but it is a pretty big meme considering how simple it is and yet gets so much praise

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/restaurants-travel/article/emmy-squared-okonomi-fries
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24159029
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shitty copy pasta, its called an AB

I live in flyover land USA, the whole hummus fad is finally blowing over and no more sundried tomatoes, thank god. Now the hip new luxury tortilla chips are all the rage, which is traditionally served with a dipping sauce called: "guacamole", made of a strange exotic vegetable called avocado, which pretentious poseurs like to ostentatiously line up at the health food store to buy.

The only thing that makes it really difficult is that you need limes which are basically hipster lemons. I refuse to be seen with limes in my shopping basket because honestly, they have pretty much been taken over by SJWs these days. But if you don't mind bending over backwards to Paco who took er jerrrbs, you're supposed to use limes, according to Good Housekeeping.

Also for the really pretentious, "kosher" salt has taken the spice aisle by storm. I haven't tried it yet because I doubt it's worth the hype.

I swear to fucking God if one more American asks me about poutine I'm going to end myself.

These have been around for as long as I can remember, and I still don't understand why you'd have one of these over a kebab with veggies on it

Burritos have become a full meme in Northern Ireland because of this place called Boojum. I'd say more that Boojum is the meme and not the burritos.
We've never ate mexican food before and minds have been blown.

>poutine
What?

fucking dessert waffles

one of the few korean imports which is total bullshit

i don't know limes have a very distinct taste from lemon

mega kek

>its tasty but it is a pretty big meme considering how simple it is and yet gets so much praise
Meme now means anything.

>I live in flyover land USA
>limes which are basically hipster lemons
Holy shit. Is that what they think in corn country? No wonder you're just getting over the 1980's sun dried tomato fad. 20 years from now you'll be bitching about pork belly tacos and okonomi fries.

Tell me about the Québécois! Why do they call corndogs 'pogos'?

I live in Australia and I've never seen or heard of this dish.

>okonomi fries.
holy shit

bonappetit.com/restaurants-travel/article/emmy-squared-okonomi-fries

This is the "nu" in nu-male food. The video on this page aswell lmao

>in australia we have the halal snack pack which is a huge trend over east. layer of chips, layer of cheese, layer of meat and chicken, and three sauces of your choosing.

Layer of fries is pretty good but you need to swap out that cheese with nacho cheese made with cumin, the meat with chopped BBQ pork and the sauce with some St Louis style BBQ sauce and that shit would be fire!

>nu-male
opinion discarded

Every time I hear 'nu male' I think of this

lol @ this triggered flyover

I wish we had these here.
I live in an area rife with middle eastern/mediterranean restaurants, but they're food is all very traditional. Which is good, I like a nice shawarma plate with salad and hummus, or falafel, or kebab, or kofta, but it would be nice if at least one place offered some more tasty "junk" food style items for when you're craving that. The closest place that has anything like that offers "feta fries" which have feta, garlic, and parsley on top, and like 8 different flavors of hummus as they're "unusual" menu items.
I guess I could make them myself. There's a market a few miles away that sells shawarma meat by the pound. I could get some, bring it home, and go from there.

Burgers are a meme here in Sweden. Actually, anything american is a meme. Oh my god kill me.

republic-fag here, all of the burrito places down here seem exactly the same, we have a few Boojums (galway, dublin) and everybody raves about them but they seem no different to any other burrito

Meme food here: last year was "Asian street food" (a number of chinese take-outs even rebranded as such) but now it's fried chicken.

Burgers are a huge meme in Denmark as well.
Tacos and ramen are also pretty big memes.
The memeiest trend is this one place that only sells porridge and everybody loves it. It's located on the most meme street in Copenhagen.

Shitposting about meme foods, tryhard forced memes like 'go'za, /pol/ shit outside of /pol/, shitposts about fast food, quivering impotent nerdrage over fast food shitposts being payed shills... this board is garbage because mods don't give a shit. We need a Snacks-level extinction event with the banhammer. Until then it's not gonna stop sucking.

Where? Except for McDonald's being the goto when you're drunk, I'd say the memest food in Sweden is Kebabtallrik.

what kind of sauces do you put on that?

>not gonna stop sucking
speak for yourself

jkjhghg

It isn't even called the fucking halal snack pack, they just added that word to the title for cultural political points.

It's just a snack pack, literally kebab meat with chips or salad and that's all there is to it.

Literally anything. It's just something middle eastern immigrants combined from their own culture with chips and salad.

Usually the kebab shops have hummus, tomato, barbecue, hot chilli and garlic sauce for it.

agreed actually

though personally i dont think moderation is enough. /pol/ posts belong to /pol/. if you post /pol/ outside of /pol/ you go to the gulag.

I don't know what the fuck is up with this one. It's like people got so used to poor people food they adopted it as a national dish.

What the fuck.
Once in a while I find people who have a taste for this garbage.

fpbp

>cant tell if bait

poutine

Here in America a lot of people drink soda. It's fucking disgusting, and everyone acts like it's normal.

SA fag checking in

Its in every kebab shop every where.

kek, I played the shit out of this growing up, I don't know how that thought never crossed my mind.

meat and cheese is halal? wtf?

you don't have the slightest clue what halal is do you?

Depends on how it is prepared, but yes, many meats and cheeses are halal. This is why you see plenty of dishes with them from countries that are predominantly Muslim.

15 year old detected

Also what's with these burgers calling everyday items like limes exotic meme food, I honestly can't tell if retarded or troll

kek

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

USA and Bacon

when did u convert to judaism. is this really halal?

>judaism
>halal

is this vegan op?

I just moved to the central coast of CA and people won't shut up about this shit

I've eaten chips with kebab meat and garlic sauce in multiple kebab shops in Melbourne and never seen this variation or the name "halal snack pack."

I only heard it recently and it seems like SJWs are popularizing the name "halal snack pack" to try and spite anti-halal Australians.

your halal snack pack has been a thing for yeaaars in the netherlands, we call it kapsalon which means hairsalon

the netherlands is like a meme food kingdom

>layer of cheese, layer of meat and chicken

It's like iskender but shit

best thing here is our fish n chip shop burgers with grilled onions, bacon, egg, beetroot and pineapple

I'm only into the second week of my six months in Asia and I am already craving this

This. Like I said, it's just called a fucking snack pack. Aussie's are trying to be trendy too late again by hopping on radical left bandwagon and adding halal to the name.

>made of a strange exotic vegetable called avocado

Kek.

A meme from my small hometown in Norway.

In Norway in general, you can get your hot dogs in the usual bun, or wrapped in a soft potato flatbread called lompe. Also note that our waffles are really thin and soft, not crispy at all. Since food stands often sell both hot dogs and waffles, someone got the bright idea of instead using a waffle to wrap the hot dog in. Caught on pretty well in my hometown, while neighboring towns just laugh at us for enjoying it.

Despite being a taboo combination of food and dessert, it actually works really well. The sweetness of the waffle doesn't just compliment the salty savoriness of the pork, they combine in a completely new flavor. If you've ever tried waffle with ham, you'll know what I mean.

>biting my b8
>*reels you in on my rod*
>*throws you onto the deck of my boat and watches with satisfaction as you run out of air*
>*cooks you over a bbq and serves you with thick fries and a wedge of lemon*

fucking delicious

Are you kidding? Veeky Forums mods overmoderate enough as it is. They're the worst mods on Veeky Forums. I just got off of a two week ban for "racism and flaming" for asking if halal and kosher were similar concepts.

This.

Fuck off.

Halloumi cheese is the new meme food in the UK. It's a soft chewy cheese that you can grill or fry without it melting.

It's nice enough but it has definitely reached meme status with restaurants offering halloumi burgers and cafe's offering English breakfasts with fried halloumi.

>new meme food
Are you a time traveller from the past?

>Are you a time traveller from the past?

The cheese isn't new, any more than bacon is a new cut of meat. What is new is the fact that it has become fashionable in the UK.

Yeah it's impossible to get a decent dinner there. The lunch cuisine consists of white bread, chocolate spread, sprinklers (never got why you want sprinklers on your white bread) and a portion of fries.

Where the fuck is this a new meme food? Fucking Doncaster or somewhere?

Poland - The Foodtrucks are coming with something new - At first there were the burgers (fancy buns and shit like arugula, blue cheese and berries as a layer)

Now hipsters aim for the china/vietnam/japan fusion cuisine and variations of pancakes and donuts.

>Where the fuck is this a new meme food?

Everywhere in the UK?

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24159029

god im so tired of all the bacon shit.

>bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24159029
>2013

>2013
>new
You really are a time-traveller from the past! Germany wins the world cup, so get your bets in early.

That isnt a real burrito, not an actual Mexican one anyway, if thats why people go to that place to try "Mexican food".

It's not hard to make.
It is only actually decent when you're drunk and craving the fat/salt.

Buzzfeed/Facebook blew it, along with Canada in general, out of proportion

We're now a fucking meme country.

Tri-tip has been super popular in Monterey Bay for a long time.

Tri-Tip is the defacto California state meat, and has been for decades. Done right, it's awesome. By done right, I mean slowly smoked until it falls apart.

apparently nachos are a meme these days

This is a costra (literally translated as scab).

It's a regular taco but with toasted cheese instead of a tortilla.

Dorilocos, the most disgusting of meme foods:

>doritos
>peanuts
>carrots
>cucumbers
>corn
>salsa valentina
>lime juice

>all these people who can't tell it's bait
you did a goodun user

who cares if it's real.

mission-style is GOAT

southern food served in fancy whiskey bars, double points if it's a speakeasy

it's fun to pretend like we're poor people xD

well thats the same for what they make beef steak out of. it was meme shit tier food until they did a huge campaign about how amazing it was

kimchi "fusion" with anything. I get we have a lot of Korean immigrants but nobody ever liked sour spicy cabbage and they don't now.

Well what's considered /pol/ faggot? Political posts or things you don't like?

>fries
>nacho cheese
Americuck, you probably never tasted a hsp.. Let alone donner meat because that would taste like shit on it. God tier sauce on them is chilli and garlic.

>The lunch cuisine consists of white bread, chocolate spread, sprinklers (never got why you want sprinklers on your white bread) and a portion of fries.
This is just a plain lie. I don't know anybody that would eat that as a lunch, don't know where you were and what they told you but there is more to this place than chocolate sprinklers.