Could you guys give me some ideas for some authentic "gourmet" or "haute" Mexican Appetizers and Dishes...

Could you guys give me some ideas for some authentic "gourmet" or "haute" Mexican Appetizers and Dishes.....or even Spanish

I do mostly French and Italian and have never even tried to make mexican cuisine before

Other urls found in this thread:

villagroupresorts.com/files/menus/Patron-Menus.pdf
thedailymeal.com/recipes/roadside-ahi-tuna-tostada-recipe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This will give you an idea.

villagroupresorts.com/files/menus/Patron-Menus.pdf

Tuna Tostadas
Squid Ink aguachile
oysters in a ponzu and jalpeno sauce
Ancho chile rellenos
Just google any baja med recipe really
thedailymeal.com/recipes/roadside-ahi-tuna-tostada-recipe

taco

Seems like standard "mexican" food renamed

exactly

>exactly

That's what I was worried about.

I'm supposed to do a "catering" (really personal chef) for a small event with only about 15 people.

They wan't "gourtmet mexican".....seems like a god damn oxymoron to me

*gourmet

a fancy seafood paella

>he thinks Mexican can'tbe gourmet

kek. It is only one of the biggest trends for the past 2-3 years

Gourmet is all about presentation.

Kek

I'm seriously considering buying some of those and cutting them at 45 degree angles and making a taziki sauce and putting cilantro, lime and red chili peppers in it

retard.

>taziki
>mexican

Mexicans fucking love nachos

My assumption is that adding cilantro and lime to anything will make these autist think it's mexican

ceviche on cracker w/ lime zest on top, you can make a pepper coulis on that too.

worst post I've seen on Veeky Forums

Truth

And burritos.

Well, presentation, technique, and quality of ingredients. For the most part they're the same dishes, just refined. It's about skill and attention to detail more than the dishes themselves.

Isn't there already haute Mexican in the US? Or is it just tex mex shit? I'm sure there is already a pujol in NYC if I remember correctly .

Modern Mexican is easy just replace dishes with quality of ingredients and fancy sauces

>Duck cárnitas with habanero orange marmalade

>coconut milk ceviche

>beef tartare tostadas

> pork ribs in a Chipotle raspberry glaze

Fuck

ate some great al pastor style fish tacos in some fancy restaurant in cozumel (pic related)

>Isn't there already haute Mexican in the US?

Yeah, there is. But Americanized (i.e. Tex-Mex) is far more common.

what a retard lol he missed the damn tacos with the sauce
l m B o