Where to buy Caviar?

Hey Veeky Forums, it's probably pointless asking you this since you're all poor as fuck, but where does one go to buy caviar?

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.russanddaughters.com/store/department/1/Caviar/
waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=469441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen some in high end cigar or wine shops if you don't want to order online. Not sure if the really good stuff from ex-Soviet states and Russia are under embargo right now.

basically this, although if you go to a high-end fishmonger, they can also have it. russian markets (if you're on the west coast) carry at least salmon roe, if not sturgeon caviar.

You can't go to a grocery store and get it?

It obviously depends where you live...

I mostly see it at high end liquor/wine stores, and other than that just at overpriced specialty food shops.

what? I can't hear you, I'm sautéing my gold bars right now

If you're in the US Russ and Daughters is a good bet.

>all of the us is manhattan

New York is a bit far for me

Are you literally retarded

They ship.
shop.russanddaughters.com/store/department/1/Caviar/

>Russ and Daughters

Kek m8, why would I go to a stinky shitty degenerate shit hole like NY, might as well go to a random shitting street in India

Whatever. I've always been satisfied with their stuff.

I'm looking for somewhere I can just walk into a store and buy it.

>Whatever. I've always been satisfied with their stuff.

lel, your a NY fag. They could have a faggot with aids shit in a caviar can and then cucks like you would eat it up after paying 100's-1000's because it was bought at X Meme Jewish Store in NY

>I'm looking for somewhere I can just walk into a store and buy it.
but where??? Hongkong? when don't have a magic Cristal ball

Where do you live?

do you have a legitimate complaint with russ or are you just going to complain about black ding dongs and kikes?

where do you buy your caviar?

Washington d.c. - Baltimore area.

R&D is undeniably good quality, but you pay out your ass for it.

Not quite. I've had the real Russian stuff in Switzerland. What they sell at Russ and Daughters is pretty damned close. They're not fooling around.

>do you have a legitimate complaint with russ
Nah, only had em once from a friends party and it was amazing

I just hate NY and anything associated with it at an extreme and irrational level

I personally by mediocre shit from Amazon with no regrets tbqh senpai

>I just hate NY and anything associated with it
>I personally by mediocre shit
Wow! What a fucking surprise! Who would have guessed?

lol

Look at the previous comment in the "thread"

I meant mediocre as hyperbole.

Balducci, social safeway

well, since you said you buy stuff that costs about 1/100 the price of russ & daughters caviar, then we can assume you're probably buying boxes of those gross dyed lumpfish roe jars for about $15 a pack

so yeah, mediocre is an understatement

>dyed lumpfish roe
Which is caviar the same way boxed wine from California is Burgundy.

Again, you are purposefully missing the point.

The amount of Lumpfish that pass through NY Vendors as high grade caviar is fucking laughable, including Duffs and Olma

You are a fucking imbecile, dude. A royal fucking retard. IT'S CALLED A FUCKING PHONE BOOK. IT'S CALLED FUCKING GOOGLE. IT'S CALLED BEING NOT A FUCKING RETARDED FAGGOT.

i googled it and all that came up were online stores.

nobody uses a phonebook any more, user. do they even still make phonebooks?

>do they even still make phonebooks

Haven't left the basement in a while, have we?

Maybe he just wanted to brag about the fact he's gonna buy some expensive fish eggs.

jokes on you, phonebooks get delivered!

But nice things are a scam
You've obviously never tasted real caviar, it doesn't take a mass spectrometer to figure out what's what. They're about as similar as spam vs prosciutto

>phonebooks get delivered

That was the point of the basement joke...

>They're about as similar as spam vs prosciutto

Again, your retarded fucking ass is missing the point.

it's like taking a bottle of Yellow Tail wine that cost 10 bucks and putting it in a $1000 bottle. Your average NY fag will love it when it's out of the $1000 bottle and hate it when it's out of the $10 bottle

OK. Do you have any high-end grocers like Dean and Deluca or Russian specialty gift stores in your area? If not, you're going to have to order it online. Make sure you know what caviar actually is (it is sturgeon roe, not just any sort of fish egg) before you order it. It does not have to be Russian. The Caspian Sea beluga is often considered the world's best, and a single few-ounce can will cost you thousands.

However, if you're not willing to shell out the at-minimum hundreds it will cost you to get a few grams of even an American caviar (which is actually pretty good), caviar substitutes (or "roe"; literally any non-sturgeon fish egg that can be salted and canned) are much cheaper, sometime even costing only a couple bucks a can. I love Swedish salmon roe (misleadingly called "kaviar" in Swedish).

Anyway, read up on caviar and enjoy. You can get the lower-end imitation/substitute stuff at a cheap grocer or Amazon. I'd recommend that first to make sure you like the taste.

>new yorkers can't even tell what I'm missing! boo hoo abloo abloo
This is what poorfags tell themselves as they cry themselves to sleep at night after a nice hearty dinner of spam and powdered eggs

Who on Earth still prefers to go into a physical store to buy something like that?

not him but why wouldn't you want to buy caviar in person? it's not a fucking dragon dildo, are you that afraid of people?

If you live in the UK, you can just go to waitrose and buy it at the fish counter, it's in my local store, or you can order it online as they deliver too as part of grocery shopping

waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=469441

It's not like they're going to let you sample it first.

then everyone can see him purchasing caviar, DUH

Cheap caviar alternatives are usually delicious, just sayin

I know flyovers think that it's really impressive to make a $200 purchase but no one gives a shit, no one will notice and if they did, they wouldn't care

there used to be a guy here who would rave about new yorkers standing in line at the grocery store to be checked out by the paparazzi, are you him?

If everyone ITT has missed all of your points perhaps the problem is you.

Enjoy hating NYC while eating your mediocre Amazon "caviar".

$1,100 a pound WTF

New York City sucks.

>shit weather
>shit foods
>shit baseball team
>grumpy people
>traffic
>meme football team
>jew governor
>lots of poor niggers
>b-but at least we have new york style pizza!
Top kek take a hike faggot hope you don't get stabbed by a hobo

Iranian airports have it

t. diaspora who hasn't been to Iran in 13 years.

Its very expensive

not even from NYC but goddamn the flyover butthurt on this board is great

If you don't already know where your best caviar purveyor is, then there's no point in telling you, pleb.

> saying that we are the poor ones while doesn't even know where to buy caviar

OP confirm poor nigger

Luxury products aren't cheap.
>shit foods
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. New York certainly isn't for everyone. There are a number of compromises people make to live here, but food is not one of them. There are only a few other places in the country where you can find a comparable variety and quality of food.

Say you found yourself on that stretch of Houston St where Russ and Daughters is located and you didn't feel like dropping some serious coin on luxury seafood. You could have world class smoked and cured meats just a few doors down at Katz's. There's also sushi, pizza, fish and chips, Mexican (finally we have good Mexican), Thai, gelato,a great live music venue, a new American joint and a 24 hr Punjabi place that will sell you a great vegetarian meal for $4. That's just ONE BLOCK. Expand that out a few blocks and you'll hit everything from Michelin starred places to four fried pork dumplings for a dollar.

Plenty of things about NYC suck, but food isn't one of them.The food here is amazing.