Expensive

>expensive
>VERY easily recreated at home due to using entirely off-the-shelf ingredients and toppings besides the buns, which don't taste like anything special

Why does anyone spend their money here?

It's literally the burger I'd end up with if I lazily made one at home.

Especially when this exists for ~70% the price

>Wendy's
kys, familia

Eurofag here. I also don't get it. For me it's the worse US burger chain, even way behind McD.

>It's literally the burger I'd end up with if I lazily made one at home.
+1

What burger place can't be replicated easily at home? They're all just burgers. I guess to replicate McDonald's, you'd need to cook the patty then leave it under a heat lamp for half an hour.

t. SJW beta cuck

I like burger king double whopper w/ cheese.

I live in an apartment and can't grill over flame. Dat flame broil...

>Why does anyone spend their money here?

What is convenience?

>Why do people ever eat out. They can just make everything all at home and save a ton of money.

So let's say I wanted to make it myself.

Ingredients:
ground beef
a tomato
head of lettuce
an onion
a bread roll
2 large potato
jug of oil

that's assuming I already have all the mayo, ketchup, pickles, cheese, salt and pepper, a pan, knife, cutting board, a fucking deep fryer etc.

Well over $10 cost plus the effort of shopping for ingredients plus the effort of preparing it plus leftover portion of ingredients that may be wasted PLUS it probably still won't even taste as good.

The price is so high because they expect you to load it up with toppings. The "free" toppings are built into the price.

Does your apartment have an oven? Does that oven have a broiler setting? Congrats, you can now cook like burger king cooks.

>being this poor
>actually spending time to cook an OK hamburger instead of doing a million other things

'ok'

>10 bucks for a solid burger and 3 tons of fries is considered expensive

Where the fuck do your people live? A big mac meal costs clost to 9 dollars here, choosing to not spend an additional dollar for Five Guys would make you a genuine retard

It's more the fries than the burger.

The burger is better than fast food places and faster than most burgers that are better than it.

It's good for a change up.

Reminds me of where I live.

>fuddrucker's specialty burger combos are $2 more than hardee's

No reason at all to go to hardees but by god people do.

>inb4 Gr8H8r pipes up with his unwanted opinion

but he doesn't have liquid smoke or the fragrence engineering skills to employ it, so if he wants bargarkin he needs to go pay his two something for a cheese burger.

I'm doing this also, from ground beef up.
Problem? Needs a little sumthing, maybe paprika, ground onions in beef. Salt.
Got an irron cast pan for heat. Halp

Agreed. I like it but for $9 I can get much better burgers from my local microburgery.

I want to say no one can be this fucking retarded......but I've spent more than 3 seconds around here and know your dumb ass is being serious

>>VERY easily recreated at home due to using entirely off-the-shelf ingredients and toppings besides the buns, which don't taste like anything special
...did you not read the op? It's a pretty viable refutation of what OP claimed. Now, had OP not assumed everyone would have all the right ingredients at home and just pointed out that you can generally find better burgers for the price, you might be right, but he didn't.

>A big mac meal costs clost to 9 dollars here
Holy fuck. Do you live in the antarctic weather stations? It's $5 for a meal.

Not too much salt, it will draw the moisture out of the beef. Do a fine chop of onion and maybe three pieces of raw garlic. Salt and pepper, some paprika if you have it, pinch of cumin, dark chili powder if you have it. A half pinch of nutmeg helps balance the spiciness of the paprika and chili powder. Mix super well, high heat on cast iron. Whole butter or gtfo. Flip twice, this helps the juices baste the meat internally, and a super good sear helps lock that shit in. Best of luck!

Oh, and if you cook it to anything above a medium, you're fucking wrong.

Dunno about him, but I haven't seen a dollar menu at McD's in six years...and I'm continental US

you know what user, you are are right

Why on earth would someone on a cooking forum expect other people on a cooking forum to have the most basic ingredients laying around......fucking idiot

You think you are a burger master?

>Oh, and if you cook it to anything above a medium, you're fucking wrong.
You're a fucking idiot who doesn't understand why it's ok to cook a steak blue rare but retarded to not thoroughly cook ground meat.

Sorry you have a tender tummy. Real men eat red meat, son.

Mang, that's perfecto.
Gonna give it a try, got all ingredients.

Real men eat tendies by the dozen
Ftfy.

I honestly do hope you eventually have kids and one of them dies because of your ignorant assed food safety.

Yea the red meat of my dick rubbed raw by all the throat fucking I'm giving you. Eat up, "manly man".

Upstate NY

>Real men eat tendies by the dozen

My mommy calls me a real man after I play with her milky bags and lick her pee pee place

Without googling, what's the safe temp for ground beef?

Is this that fast food is cheaper meme?

No my oven does not have a broiler setting you absolute dunce.

See, this is where you think you're clever but the very fact that you say "the" safe temp for ground beef shows that you don't understand how temperature kills bacteria at all.

Same, anything remotely filling is nearly $10.

Recently I've had a couple whopper jr meals, they're quite small but cost only $5 and change.

69 degrees same safe temp when I fuck your mom's pussy

>anything remotely filling is nearly $10.

being a disgusting obese piece of garbage

She's dead so you'd have to warm the skeleton up

Why are you so upset, friend?

Instead of getting meals (fries aren't filling and soda is for children) just get a bunch of entrees instead.

According to health code - the very same health code with specific rules and guidelines under which every restaurant or purveyor of food operates around the country - what is the safe temp for ground beef?

That's what I hired Jamal and Sawnee to do, they stick their big warm niggerdicks in your mom's asshole and mouth to warm her up from the inside leaving her cavernous (but comfortable for my dick) pussy untainted by their subhumanity. This is a regular occurence after church on Sunday.

>making burgers in the oven
that seems unamerican

>fries aren't filling
Really? I can barely eat any or else I'll be too full for the actual meal

A single big mac or whopper sandwich by itself costs $5 after tax. :/

So much effort for so little payoff.

>getting THIS MAD that I fuck your mom's corpse

A steady temperature of over 141 degrees farenheit, for a maximum of 2 hours.

How? Are you hungry skellington?

Try the dollar menu. A mcdouble and a mcchicken together come out to about $3.20. That's a bit over 700 calories. Same as a big mac.

If you want to splurge get a QPC instead of a mcdouble.

What's a QPC?

I guess so? 115 lbs soaking wet
Fries vary a lot from place to place though

The 'dollar menu' is renamed as 'value menu' and everything on it costs $2-3.50~ minimum.

Two small sandwiches aren't any more filling than one normal sandwich.

not him, but i assume it means quarter pounder w/ cheese—something i've never gotten at McD's.

what do i get? glad you asked:
>1 jalapeño double
>1 grilled onion cheddar
>either a medium fry or 1 hot 'n' spicy mcchicken
>(and if i'm really drunk, both)
>1 kids' meal, 6pc. mcnugget for my wife (she likes the toys)

I thought he might have meant a Quarter Pounder Combo.
They're pretty good, I had a Double QP while vacationing in New Zealand and the meat tasted amazing, nothing like the McDonald's back home.

so, is a double QP a half-pounder? i've never looked discerningly at their menu; i assume all meat at american mccdonalds is a forgone loss, which is why i'll only eat the cheap, spicy food while drunk.

good to know that new zealand's carrying the torch, though i expect it would be a sheep burger instead of beef.

>>>/reddit/

Quarter pounder with cheese

>115 lbs soaking wet
I understand now. Are you cute?

Has it been changed? I still get a McGangbang (the mcdouble/mcchicken) for under $4 while a Big Mac is around $5. Same calorie amount for less money.

After a couple rounds of that you've saved up for one all by yourself.

>Has it been changed? I still get a McGangbang (the mcdouble/mcchicken) for under $4 while a Big Mac is around $5. Same calorie amount for less money.
Pricing depends on location.

I think to be a half pounder it would have to be one giant patty.
Yeah but all food their was amazing albeit very rich. The chicken was delicious, but the seafood was devine - abalone (or Paua as they call it) in a cream sauce... My mouth is watering.

Google what the danger zone is you dumb nigger.

>Germany gets the McRib year round
Reverse anschluss when?

I don't generally use the calorie per dollar metric since I'm not literally starving. Fast food / restaurant purchases are made with satisfaction rather than survival as the goal and calories don't always = satisfaction. A burger king $1.49 10 piece nugger may provide a million calories for super cheap but it's not all that enjoyable to eat, and it certainly doesn't qualify as a satisfactory meal.

That makes good sense when you're looking for quality rather than quantity.

I really just like the taste of the McChicken inside the McDouble. But sometimes I miss just eating a Big Mac.

I never thought about that. I wonder if my apartment will have broilers...

you can get a grill pan

When do mcd make a Mc Hangover meal?
Double crap, bun and leftover meat. Bucketsize fries, and a gallon of sugary water with minimal taste? All for 7.99

Can we agree that Culver's has the best fast food burgers in America?

No because they're overcooked, smashed, flavorless shit. I'd take BK over them any day.

t.bkfrycook

Nope. Culvers is a wannabe steak and shake.

>trendy square patties

>Trendy
>Been that way for like 300 years

t. Skinnyfat numale

>be me
>only eat Five Guys once every 2-4 years

Food celibacy is the best. I deprive myself of a burger so delicious and then eat it on a day where is suddenly strikes my heart. It makes me so happy. Food celibacy is probably the best thing one can do for themselves, because it takes yourself out of the monotony.

Five Guys is expensive but fucking worth it. Especially those glorious fries.

>inb4 corporate shill

I tried it, just opposite.
Eating meat every day. Going cold turkey, one day only veggies, no meat, carbs.
You know what?
I didn't levitate, but fellt slighty lighter.

Fake smoke flavor

the meat hangs over the bun. people like that.

liquid smoke