Does anyone else here practice idioms so they can appear cooler to their friends?

Does anyone else here practice idioms so they can appear cooler to their friends?

yeah. cool, man. idioms are cool.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Nah but I intentionally through in obscure terms I learned in my "Intro to Philosophy" class I took this semester.

Love explaining to these plebes what secular eschatology is.

No, I intentionally them desu

>I intentionally through in

Avoid*

No. Most of my speech patterns at this point are inside jokes, many of them inside jokes i have running exclusively with myself.

same

Yeah, and I mostly learn them from Veeky Forums rather than really reading.
Lowest of the low rhrn

>still having friends
top pleb

>hear funny word from an anime
>whenever I see that word in real life, I giggle to myself and people think I'm weird

It's sad, but I can't stop.

Definitely 11% of my personality is making literary references nobody gets. This is because I make literary references to my own literature, which remains unpublished. When someone does something outrageously stupid, I say, "Wow, you're really pulling a Gregory Berrycone there". I wait for somebody to ask who Gregory Berrycone is, and then explain that he is a minor character in my absurdist novella (untitled right now) about a man who wakes up one morning with a mysterious plastic knob on the back of his head.

fucking hell, I laughed

I intentionally misuse idioms

i haven't met a person who doesn't at least chuckle

What you mean "practice"? Like in front of a mirror until you get it just right? Why not "use" an idiom? 10/10, kid, i berrycone'd hard and would do so again.

I know it's not true, but if it was, I'd say this:
That's why you people have no friends.

Is Berryconemind an idiom?

>friends

Fucking pleb.

You're being so fucking Berrycone right now, it's unbelievable.

It's all water under the bridge, chief.

I can't stop myself from using idioms, it's just how I speak

Boy yo ass barrycone as fuck
Ol plastic knob head ass boy
this nigga want to be a door so bad

> Be me
> in the book store
> practicing my idioms
> mirin myself with my reflective book mark
> grill walks by
> say to her: "how would you like to be stuck between a rock and a hard place?"
> she doesn't understand and gets the manager
> mfw when I'm not allowed back into a books a million anymore

>> mfw when I'm not allowed back into a books a million anymore
This is why feminism is cancer.

Do you have an idiom for that?

Yeah, right.

One of them will ask the other "What the heck did he just go on about this time?" while the other one is just as inattentive since he/she doesn't get it either.

Like a stitch in time saves skinning a cat kinda deal?

got you fqm

> be me
> at my uni library looking for some books on deontological epistemology and neo-dialetical idealism, mostly so I can brag on Veeky Forums about the size of my intellectual shlong
> girl starts browsing the books on the other side of my shelf, her head tilted sideways so she can read the spines
> Decide this is a good moment to practice my idioms
> say to her "How would you like it if I put my balls in your court and beat around your bush?"
> she screams and runs to the library reception
> I manage to get out of the library before security can get to me, but since I live in big brother land they manage to get my address, barge into my minuscule studio apartment and snap my library card in two
They also knocked my fridge over and all my milk spilled on the floor, at which point I started crying.

pseud AF

That is some genuinely cringey egotistical shit.

You're literally fishing for a chance to talk about your book when it's not even related to the conversation that someone else is trying to have with you.

This. If they call me out on it, then I say another one.

In response, if they say, "I hate you," then that means we can be friends.

You made my morning, thank you.

>not knowing about berrycone

i think i mightve slipped "diamond dozen" once when drunk as a goof and some bitch spent like 10 minutes explaining that it was wrong whilst I sighed

No offense, but you're giving off super Berrycone vibes right now.

I practice my idioms so I don't look like a berrycone

considering that she got the manager, does it not make more sense that she got the innuendo you were going for?

You sound like a berrycone