Is it possible to buy at a bottom point like the bottom of the big red candle or is it too brief of a moment in time...

Is it possible to buy at a bottom point like the bottom of the big red candle or is it too brief of a moment in time for the order to be fulfilled? what if you have a preset limit order for that amount?

> tfw you realize who is actually posting on Veeky Forums

ur just figuring it out now?

all orders get filled all the way down

lol....

that was a market sell. so no,,,

Why the contradictory info?

it isn't.

market selling will sell all the way down.

limit sell will only sell at the input price.

Your question wasn't clear, that's why. Look up how an order book works it's not that hard. The market selling fills every pre set limit order.

Better question. Would you blow your brains out if you sold at 52k and 5 minutes later it's 61k?

Flash crashes are hard to catch unless you have your orders ready days before

I know market buying will guarantee you a purchase.
I just want to know if limit selling will guarantee you a purchase at a specified price if the ven value only goes that low for a brief instant before sky rocketing back up

Limit buying*

Yes, it's possible but how do you know it's the bottom when it happens?

Place an order at what you think the bottom will be and see if it gets bought. If it does - you now own some cheaper Vechain - pray it goes back up....thats it...

So only the people who booked the orders early will usually have them filled since it has a limit to the amount it would fill?

It is possible.
There was this NEO flash crash around October. I on Bitfinex at the exact moment and just saw it happening in front of my eyes.
I managed to buy NEO at $4.
Made like 2k on that moment with all the fiat I had.
Was a good day

Depends on the coin, but I usually wait for market buys. For example, for a coin's current price of 4000 sats, I place my order at 4199. (1 before the whales)

To be clear, I had NO ORDERS BOOKED EARLY!
I bought the NEO and sold it immediately after it went back to like about $30 a few minutes after (the price it was at that moment).

I think my question is whether someone else needs to be willing to give up their share of stock for you to be able to receive a share. So unless someone else sells at that extreme drop can you not buy?

Yesterday there was a thread with 100 replies. You want to know what those 100 replies were? They were trying to teach OP how an order book worked.

Imagine how fucking retarded you'd have to be in order to need 100 long in-depth replies before you finally begin to understand how an order book works.

That's the kind of people we're dealing with. Their IQs must be in the negative.

This post applies to you, too. You absolute fucking brainlet.

spffffffsfffffffffffffffpffffffffzzzzzzzzzzzzhffffffhhhzzzhhfzsppppzzzzzzzzzfffffffffffffffffffffff

>will guarantee you a purchase

well only if the sells clean out the buys above yours first, which should be obvious right?

like lets say BTC is $10k and you put a buy at $5k but there's $400,000 worth of orders between $5k and $10k, for your $5k buy order to get filled, someone would have to sell into the book at least $400k deep to "reach" your order

So I mean ya if the candle reached $4.9k on an exchange where you had a $5k buy order, then ya it should be filled

Stop spoonfeeding these fucking retards.

Shit like this doesn't need to be learned. It's common fucking sense.

you got lucky, most likely badly coded bots filling your order