Saw the movie and hated it, should I assume that the book is shit too?

Saw the movie and hated it, should I assume that the book is shit too?

Or a better question: can I read it without thinking about Joaquin Phoenix grotesque face now?

Joaquin is my husbando, delete this

Book has much more stoner comedy. More psychedelic too.
>without thinking about Joaquin Phoenix
No.

Have you read any Pynchon?
Its a pretty ok book. Really groovy

>Talking shit about Joaquin Phoenix
I won't stand for this shit.

No. Is it a good starting point?

Loved the movie as an illustration of the book's key scenes, but I can see how it'd seem pretty weak to anyone who hadn't read it.

If you actually hated the movie though you'd probably hate the book even more, and should consider taking your humorless ass out of here.

I think most people would recommend The Crying of Lot 49 as a Pynchon starting point.

I think Joaquin Phoenix might be one of the most universally loved actors, same with Christopher Walken.

It is a meme book. Don't waiste your time. At least that you want to read some time waister.

Lot 49 is more 'old Pynchon', Inherent Vice is just a fun book with some hints of Pynchon. The thing is, the movie is a mess, you would need to make an 8 hour movie to make it understandable

Spanky fucky scene made me thirst.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG CUNT FUCKING WRONG

Start with V.

V. is a terrible starting point for most people who'd be asking about where to start in the first place. Don't listen to this

I don't think I like the narration in the film

>judging books by their movie adaptions

What kind of bizarro board am I on right now??

Joaquin Phoenix's face is fucking beautiful. What a fag.

You're a weird guy, OP.

Start with Gravity's Rainbow.

V or TCoL49, you should read V. before GR anyway because the themes and some characters carry over

Nah fuck that. Read GR, MD, then move on. Pick up IV if you're about to board a plane.

Inherent Vice feels like someone trying to imitate Pynchon with no understanding of what makes Pynchon work.

>hated the movie

stay pleb nerd, maybe the new batman is more up ur alley

>defending a movie
>any movie
your pleb is showing

check out captain cool over here