Who read? Who like? Who got something to say about it?

Who read? Who like? Who got something to say about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2015/12/marlon-jamess-new-book-will-be-an-african-got.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have anything too bad to say about it but I've yet to find what's supposed to make it great

Was Booker right?

Wardine be cry mon.

In my top ten. I'll shill it every chance I get. On the surface it's crime fiction of the highest caliber, and it can be read that way just fine. The political subtext is subtle, but James really makes you feel for this poor, fucked up country.

Is a batty boi bok

It's good. Very entertaining read, but I wish it was a bit more condensed. The book gets better towards the end.
He knows how to write dialogue, that's for sure.

The characters often refer to books in a very awkward way. If I'm not mistaken, he refers to Hunter S as a beat writer. One character reads Bertrand Russel in Prison, and another uses reading good old Ginsberg as an example of a well read black man.

>refer to books in a very awkward way
Both intentionally and unintentionally awkward in the way they're brought on, agree. Funny still.

Planning on reading it. The opening chapters are pretty great.

Could see it as a film/tv series.

>. The political subtext is subtle
is it more than the white man keeping me down n' sheit

That is a theme,but it's more about how the US fucked up Jamaica through their cover ops in the 70s.

so its just another fucking dumbass nigger whining about racism and shit. Well, that books not worth my fucking time.

>how the US fucked up Jamaica
And it was such a thriving, advanced civilization.

ah ok thanks as long as it's not "whitty keeping me down cuz he doesn't like the fact we have big dick"
I might pick it up when I see it on sale

so the fact that jamaica was less developed than america makes it okay for the american gov. to go in and fuck up jamaica's gov.?

White man's burden innit bruv.

don't you have trump threads to shill in?

well no, but that's how everyone is.

you think if the tables were turned jamaica wouldn't fuck over the US for a dollar?
lol

Pretty good. I used to work with a Jamaican with a thick accent, so luckily for me the slang and some of the colloquialisms didn't go over my head. Really fun read.

found the american

>le Trump is le racist meme

Just started. Is it okay to skip the Nicole (or was it Deborah) Burgess chapters? They're disgustingly womany.

>womany
Now that's just unwordsy.

and if jamaica had done that, it would have been just as much of a crime against humanity.

now enough with the hypotheticals, this book is about real life.

jamaica was fucked up long before that

someone should make a chart of covers like this. fucking million of them I swear

>a crime against humanity
Quit being dramatic

Je l'ai lu. C'est bon je suppose. Recommanderais-je le livre? Peut-être...

Bon post ! Merci bâti garçon

James makes no excuses for the corruption in Jamaican politics, but he is not a big fan of the CIA supporting rival street gangs to manipulate urban voting. Not much to do with Race, more like cold war politics.

Just dont go on his facebook, he is a top tier sjw of the kind that is mocked

Also, its in my top 5. The character development of Josey Wales, and his depiction of Marley was great. Also he takes pains to write characters as individuals, and his white people are just that. People. Not stereotypes like american blacks are portrayed. Also its a really great crime novel. I cant wait for his Vikings in Mali book to be released.

So he's saying fucking Vikings were black?

Wtf.

vulture.com/2015/12/marlon-jamess-new-book-will-be-an-african-got.html

He posted a pic that I cant find of Vikings fighting Malian princes that he had all over his office wall. I dont know how you got race out of Vikings IN Mali

It's a solid read once you get used to all the Jamaican slang. Fav characters were Nina and Josey (obv)

Seriously though, how come he didn't get flack for writing a stereotypically vapid female character? Last thing I knew, that was supposed to be a capital offense. Also happens to be very boring.

(on second thought, considering where her third chapter was headed, I can probably answer my own question)

Have you not finished it? Her story is far from typical.

bump

Thank god for the white characters, I was getting sick of reading rasscloth bombacloth every other sentence.