Well Veeky Forums I went out this year and got a job as a truck driver...

Well Veeky Forums I went out this year and got a job as a truck driver. Now I am making about a grand a week takehome and no bills because I live in the truck.
At this point I can buy whatever food I like.
I have been grabbing pic related shin black by the fucking case.
Lettuce? I now only buy organic arrugala.
I now get the larger size rottiserie chicken as well , its not just bigger, its actually more flavorful and more tender.

Have you guys ever thought about getting a job to pay for your gourmet habits ?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/drivers-reap-benefits-of-trucking-boom-1444728780
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah, I prefer being a NEET and eating simple. humble meals.

Livin the dream. No seriously, good food is one of the best ways to spend your money.

My thoughts exactly.
If I get a big enough bonus this month , I am going to hit some surf and turf somewhere.

>Have you guys ever thought about getting a job to pay for your gourmet habits ?
Why does the concept of gainful employment always seem so foreign to people on Veeky Forums?

Focusing on the things that improve the quality of your life instead of buying things you think will make you happy (but don't) is the way to go.

You dont think good food improves the quality of your life?

How are you making that much starting out? I'm a new driver and my last couple checks were like $500.

I do, I thought that's what I implied, sorry if I was dumb.

You were fine, the other dude has poor reading comprehension.

Ur with the wrong company, bub.

Refer is good in my region.
Been running pretty damn hard though.
Are you dry van?

Other user here.
You are correct. I am not sure why I took it like that.

How do you live in a truck? Can you take a picture of your living arrangements?

Here is my kitchen

Why won't Veeky Forums let me post a vertical image?

Regional dry van. I can't get long enough runs to make any money on this pay scale. No joke I spend just as much time waiting to get loaded and unloaded as I actually spend driving.

Hey those yogurt things are pretty good if you freeze them

How do I do what you did, then? Being a truck driver doesn't sound bad at all. Hikki on wheels if you put in a lot of time, paid to travel the country, sounds sort of nice except for the lack of computer.

are you saddled with a wife and child or can you go otr ?

How do you think I am posting?
Well ok I did post the pic with my phone but I spend many hours a day on my laptop

will try that

That aint shit user you are getting paid chump change.drivers in texas get paid 1-2k a week and can hit 3k if they do extra work

There is not any place in the US paying rookie drivers 3k a week.

>Well Veeky Forums I went out this year and got a job as a truck driver.
Good stuff OP. But milk it while you can. Driverless trucks are coming. Try to become a manager or to own your own company within 7 years.

>I now get the larger size rottiserie chicken as well , its not just bigger, its actually more flavorful and more tender.
Enjoy your corn-fed, antibiotic loaded fowl.

Picture unrelated.

When driverless trucks come, my job will be to surf the webs while the truck drives. No joke , it will be like that for years before they get rid of us.

Not afraid of factory farming at all either but going to the meat plant is pretty fucking grim .Mud everywhere and trucks of cows going in and boxes of meat going out.
Its a trip to see.

This was so beautifully civil, I had to comment on it. Kudos to everyone involved.

nigger

Yea, as if a nigger could spell beautifully correctly. Get outta here you heathen!

I hate to say it , but this user is right.
You are kind of gaying up Veeky Forums right now.

You can hate to say it all you want, but you are a complete faggot. I may or may not be gay, but you sir have taken the cocksucking cake for the day.

I tip my cap to you!

>I tip my cap to you!
You need to go back.

>le 4chin epic hackers meme

Fuck you, you absolute faggot.

Where at? I'm driving Texas regional dry van.

No wife and no wifes son to worry about. I should go full otr since I'm barely home anyway even though I'm regional.

>because I live in the truck.

How much does a truck cost?

100k-150+k

You try so hard to fit in, but you know you don't belong here.

fuck

Many of the jobs simply do not exist for the younger generation. Like it or not, it's the truth.

Come on now, bruv. If you are really pulling in 1k a week you need to step it up.

Owner operators can put 3500$ in the bank each week. That's after paying an $800 truck note, fuel, repair overhead, insurance, and paying a broker to find you loads.

Where else do I belong? Been on Veeky Forums for 7 years and counting.

School starts soon, so I imagine we might be hearing from you as much in a week or 2.

I have a feeling you have no trouble finding loads you fucking faggot.

I do have a butane stove from hmart and some ikea cookware but I make most stuff in the microwave desu.
Best rice I have ever made was nuked by the way.
You can do way more than just reheat stuff.

>Owner operators can put 3500$ in the bank each week. That's after paying an $800 truck note, fuel, repair overhead, insu

Yeah there were like a few specialized guys making money like that in 2014.
That is extremely rare.
Most o/o s are making about 75k a year and working pretty hard to do it.

There's plenty of companies that will take NEETs in, train them, and send you out as long as you work for them for a year...

>Have you guys ever thought about getting a job to pay for your gourmet habits ?

I'm a tax accountant. I don't even have to buy food 4 months out of the year. They just cater in food non-stop during our busy times.

I read an article last year about about how companies can't hire enough truck drivers. wsj.com/articles/drivers-reap-benefits-of-trucking-boom-1444728780

Go get a truck driving job my man.

you basically help people and companies dodge taxes?

Yeah that was big in the news cycle for a while. Lots of problems with it though.
The only reason truckers make good money is that they work almost non stop.
14 hour days are normal and there is lots of stress.
You usually go out on the road and work for at least three weeks straight then you get only three days off.

We call doing the tax returns compliance because we make sure that all laws are followed. People think we've got all kinds of secret techniques and offshore craziness, and that's really not the case. I do a lot of work with our private client services (aka people who make your typical 1 percenter look poor) team and pretty much everything we do can be found in free publications the IRS puts out.

what big4/8 are you with?

Trucker here, can confirm lots of 14 hour days. So far the job isn't so much stressful as it is frustrating. My job is literally"hurry up and wait". There are lots of bad laws dictating when and how long we can drive, at any given time I'm having to look at at least five different clocks and juggle my timers around each other. By far the most stressful part of the job is just finding a safe and legal place to park this thing when one of my timers runs out. Also this is a potential scenario.

>Arrive at receiver to unload the truck
>Have four hours left on my clock that I'm legally allowed to drive
>They take four or more hours to unload
>I'm not legally allowed to drive anywhere
>They don't allow trucks to park where I'm at, tell me I have to leave
>Closest truck stop or rest area is over an hour away
>Parking for ten hours on the shoulder of a highway is dangerous and sometimes illegal

>before they get rid of us
Believe it or not, they still may not get rid of you. In the future you guys will be security for the trucks. Fucking idiot bean counters think automation is only for getting rid of workers, morons don't understand you can re-purpose workers and enhance your operations.

>Many of the jobs simply do not exist for the younger generation.
When you go to college for a degree in womans studies and believe manual work is beneath your station of course you are going to struggle to find a job. Maybe they should do something useful instead of whatever makes them "feel" good about themselves while appealing to their laziness.

This.

t. truck driver with a bachelor's degree in psychology

I have seen truckers that could barely tie their shoes all the way to truckers with PHDs

>Pulls in 1k a week
>Still nuking rice in a microwave

Republikid, plz go

As crazy as it sounds, the microwave makes perfect rice once you get the times a ratios dialed in.
Perfect every time, especially sushi rice.

I guess the stress for me is running recaps after my 70 is gone.
"Take ten and roll" is a phrase I am getting sick of when a load is late and I dont have the hours to get it there.
Sick of getting up at midnight when I get my hours back and running all night.

Fuck you nigger he is right.

T. Aerospace machinist

OP here, just pegged out on sushi in a nice place.
Just kept ordering.
Would not have done that a year ago.

Seconding this eat shit I'm tired of supporting riff raff like you

Thanks for making me feel better about spending $20 on cheese during this week's grocery trip.

It's so fuckin' good though I just passed up ice cream dessert because I'd rather a nice slice of cheese.

This is a good life lesson user.
How many things have you spent 20 bucks on in the last year that have brought you as much pleasure?

Bottle of lube for masturbating was a pretty good investment.

countless video games

I consider lube and vidya just part of normal operating expenses like shampoo and the phone bill.

>muh STEM
enjoy being an autistic human calculator, i'll be off having actual respect and self worth among my peers

>giving a fuck about the "respect" of your peers

Oh look, a moron

Describe your level of education and employment.

I am a level 20 wizard

I'm a high school substitute teacher and I live with my parents and pay no rent/bills.

I rake in the dosh and can afford good food. But I'm still a cheapskate and don't often buy good food.

>killing off the already tiny amounts of bacteria in your probiotic

did you buy the truck or did your employer just give it to you

do you cook/eat and drive?

is it true you can just park in a wal mart lot and chill for a night?

It's like a mini frozen yogurt

Its a pretty new company truck with a generator
walmarts are not as easy to park at as they used to be. truckers have some pretty nasty habits including peeing in parking lots and leaving bottles of pee lying around .
The older generation is 3dpig disgusting