What would you do with all this slow roasted beef chuck?

What would you do with all this slow roasted beef chuck?

No tacos.

Just eat it with a loaded baked potato

M E A T P I E
E
A
T
P
I
E

Op here
I have one russet left, guess I'll go that route. How do you like to cook your baked potatoes?

I was leaning more towards a ragu or something with pasta

that image looks like a worm being pulled from a heap of shit

How does this look, lol

it looks like a burn victim's ass

This sounds great.

So how should I cook my potato?

-Wash, poke, oil/salt, roast for an hour at 285*

How far off am I?

I'm also thinking of making a tall cake... I have 2 boxes of chocolate cake mix and a box of brownies mix. It's the frosting that I end up thinking too much about. Any suggestions?

Just transfer some of those drippings to a pan with some roux, make some gravy, and serve with something you love with gravy, like open-faced roast beef on top of sturdy bread, homemade mashed potatoes...

It looks like a good a jus is already there once you defat that, so maybe some nice toasted french roll, sliced onion, maybe some nice cheese, french dip that roast.

I love paprikash, so I might shread and warm some of those leftovers into a sour cream and paprika sauce, and serve with buttered egg noodles, maybe some dill.

Of course, it's almost a BBQ sandwich there with the right sauce, if you slice it across the grain.

Cuban style...vaca frita that meat with a second pan fry to crisp it up. Hit it with some vinegar marinated garlic and onions, wine or olives, and serve with seasoned black beans and rice (or moros). Plantains wouldn't be bad either. Leftovers can be stuffed into some piecrust with pimentos, olives, cumin or sazon goya, and some picadillo flavors, for some empanadas. Bake or fry.

Hell yeah! I'm trying to watch my weight, but I some nice toasty French bread with the drippings sounds great. I also have some bacon fat from earlier. Maybe I'll use a little with the baked potato

I'd eat it with some mustard and a pitcher of beer.
I would eat until I felt my humanity being eaten away with the meat.

Jeebus!

Good shit, OP.

I'm high as fuck and jealous as fuck, looks great.

Wow look at that BARK

S M O K E R I N G
M O K E R I N G S
O K E R I N G S M
K E R I N G S M O
E R I N G S M O K
R I N G S M O K E
I N G S M O K E R
N G S M O K E R I
G S M O K E R I N

Not smoked, but here are pics of my little $20 smoker setup.

gay toes, family

stick my dick in it

that's cool, why does the smoke pass through the tube though?

You should get a metal bucket too.

Would have liked to see chuck shreds inside potato, cut potato like so

That's a great idea, although those fingerlings kinda look like grubs

How did you manage to get the outside black while braising it? I mean I know this is Veeky Forums and most people here cannot cook worth a damn, but still this takes some serious skill.

I thought a cold smoker would give me more control. I didn't want to tend to coals for 8+ hours. I'd rather put it in oven to cook and just go to bed lol.

I really can't get the smokey flavor I'm going for (it's always slightly bitter) but I've only used Apple wood. Any suggestions?

>I didn't want to tend to coals for 8+ hours. I'd rather put it in oven to cook and just go to bed lol.
Classic Veeky Forums
>I want the food to be flavored like I put effort into it but the joke is I am way too lazy to actually achieve it, any one got any ideas of how I an do this?
What temp is whatever you are using to smoke with? How long do you smoke things for? What color is the smoke and how much smoke comes out?

Likely you will never achieve true smoked food status with your cheap work around.

Yeah, shame on me for building something cheap over a weekend so I can try something new.

I didn't do much too it. I was drinking my ass off most of the night.

I stabbed it a few times and slid some garlic cloves in. Rubbed it with olive oil, kosher salt and finely ground black pepper. I assumed the long ass roasting time would kill any spices and herbs, the only thing I added was a pinch of smoked paprika (b/c I'm in love with the stuff and put it on everything).
It went in a 265* shitty electric oven I did NOT preheat first. I think it sat in there (uncovered) for 2 - 2 1/2hrs before I flipped it. Then it sat untouched for the remaining 10 hours. I just turned the oven off and went back to bed, didn't take it out. The next morning, it looked like that burnt ass brick, and I was about to give it to my dog, but I tried it and was pleasantly surprised.

My cooking isn't the best, and I eat lots of nasty shit so it was fair game for me. I just thought I'd ask Veeky Forums, although I've never posted in here.

>Yeah, shame on me for building something cheap over a weekend so I can try something new.
>expects things to go well with an electric heater and a 20 dollar poorly done diy smoker set up
>why doesnt it work guise?
I told you why it didnt work, it isnt my fault if you dont understand it.

Electric oven works decently well for slow cooking believe it or not. I'm in school and rent a shitty apartment. Roasting isn't my life dude. I just cook with what I have (not much).

Id put it in a stew. Id use that gravy from it and some flour to make the base for it then slow cook my vegetables in it in the oven for a while then chunk up the meat and add it to it.

Put some in a tortilla with vegetables and cheese. Like some kind of Mexican twist on a... flatbread sort-of sandwich or something, I guess.

No

Over rice, with curry powder over the beef and over the rice. Use some of the broth on it.

>Over rice, with curry powder over the beef and over the rice. Use some of the broth on it.
uncooked curry powder???

Sharted beef burritos

How did you set that up?
Any guide or something, because I need to get on that shit.

It's pretty self explanatory, from the pics.
I used electrical conduit to connect the two containers. I fill the paint can with wood chips and place a hot coal on top. Once everything is smoldering or burning, I place the lid on and let it go for a few minutes to make sure it can sustain its burn.

Originally I built this because I wanted to give raw oysters a smokey flavor, but I didn't like the taste.
Pork shoulder is pretty damn good, my friends and family usually eat everything I bring them. Only need 20-30 mins of smoke tho, it's pretty strong.

My source of inspiration