ITT: Utilities

ITT: Utilities

The basic tools that no proper ro/ck/ star should be without.

Starting off with based KitchenAid mixers. There's almost nothing they can't do without the proper attachment.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com.au/vitamix-alternatives-2013-12
vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Series
vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Warranty-Information
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesn't mix by hand

lmao

overpriced but I'm not aware of any alternatives

if youre going to get a rice cooker you might as well get this instead. instant pot makes the best chinese broccoli

China sells $25 ones. Cheap enough to replace if you don't need a reliable one.

my sauce maker. I can make mayo in less than 3 minutes.

it's great for soups and single serving smoothies too

Convenience aside, you don't know how to make rice without one?

Nah I mean Kitchenaids all used to be built like tanks but now only the high end ones are and I want a reliable product

no i do, but its convenient and i have money and use it for other things than rice.

Kenwood beats kitchenaid in every single way
>300 watt

It's a meme but I have two and use them for every thing. Bacon, steaks, chicken piccata, pasta sauce etc..

the ol fine mesh.

>it's a meme
No, they're really not.

A gread sous-vide device.

I'll add apple or pear compotes.

so useful

Is the ball supposed to go into the anus?

I hope so.

ewwwww... that's an egg cutter to make slices

SALAD SPINNER

An instant-read thermometer is hard to argue against

nice.

Why should I splurge the extra 70 bucks on that model rather than the thermapop model? From what I see it only saves 1 second in read time.

One day Veeky Forums one day...

No real need. I actually just got a Mk3 from an open box sale, but since the new Thermapops are just as fast as the Thermapen, if I was getting another one I'd probably go for one of them.

I have that exact model. It is goat. Lettuce, after being chopped, washed, and spun, keeps in my fridge, in the spinner, for about 4 to 6 days. I dont buy bagged anymore.

Thanks, I'll probably get the thermopop.

> An instant-read thermometer is hard to argue against

I'll try any way. I don't see a lot of uses where an oven thermometer isn't more useful.

I know, breh. I keep suggesting one and my fiancee says "400 dollar blender???? Why???"

why?

Can be replaced with a good knife

400 dollars is a lot for an appliance for two people, especially when she recently gave me a nice stick blender. She was surprised when I splurged and bought her a kitchenaid 600 2 years ago. I always just like spending money on kitchen stuff like knives, pans, appliances, etc. I know we are tight on budget, I just love to cook and she loves to bake. Besides it's not like I'm buying spinning rims or anything, right?

no, why do you want what is probably an overpriced meme blender?

Meme blender? I've used one and it's excellent at everything a blender is supposed to do, and if I end up getting a blender someday, I want it to be a tank that will do everything I want it to do. Right now I use my food processor and hand blender for everything, but a good blender would be so much better for all the sauces and soups I'm trying.

get a cheaper one dude, blendtec is suppose to be of the same quality

if youre not making super fine smoothies a vitamix isnt needed. my espresso and cappuccino machine is cheaper than that.

Is blendtec a better option, lads?

businessinsider.com.au/vitamix-alternatives-2013-12
here you go bro, i would look up video reviews of any of these and decide what qualities you want most in a blender

Good luck checking hamburgers for doneness with a probe thermometer.

QVC, homey. Get your flexpay on.

I did 9 hours ago. If you're worried about the speed, Thermoworks has a low thermal mass one (thin at the tip).

i got the $600 version. Good stuff though

Doing some more research, thanks. If I can get what I need without dropping 400 on something, then by all means. I just hate pussin' out and settling for something so inferior that I would have rather bought nothing at all. I'm not a brand loyalist or anything, I've just thown away 2 hand me down blenders before and I've held off on replacing them.

yeah i know what you mean, those 20 dollar oyster blenders are shit, but a good one in the 100-200 dollar price range seems nice to me. I use a nutribullet and love it, i dont blend a lot.

What I'm probably going to do this Christmas is grab one of their factory refurbshed/demonstration models from $250-330:
vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Series
vitamix.com/Shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Warranty-Information
They still come with a 5-year warranty (7 on New models) and you can pay extra to get a further extended one if you want.