What are some foods that you hated as a child that you love now?

What are some foods that you hated as a child that you love now?

Licorice
Coffee
Beans
Lamb

I fucking love licorice now like nobody's business. I'm always looking for different licorice teas, I'd like to make my own erk sops sometime.

Pretty much all vegetables.

As a child I loved everything, now im vegetarian and can't even touch meat. It's really disgusting.

I loved everything as a child.
I have mild dislike for some things now, but can still eat everything.
cucumbers are just awful, worsens everything

I still fucking hate lamb, desu, I hate the smell that lingers on my hands when I touch it. I hate the gamey taste. I wish I liked it. I wonder if there's a genetic component.

Yeah I can't get behind this, if you ever meet your child self, kick the shit out of them

Might just be the quality or freshness desu senpai. Super fresh lamb has a mild smell. If it's been defrosting in a fridge for a few days it smells rank.

But yeah a lot of people don't like it, you're not alone

Hated as a child, love now:
Eggplant
Raw tomatoes
Cilantro
Okra
Raw onion

But as a kid I loved all manner of highly processed artificially flavored "snack foods" that I think are pretty fucking gross now.

Pickles and I've slowly been working on fish.

I thought I hated mushrooms as a kid, but I'm starting to think I just hate shitty button mushrooms that have sweated in an overcrowded pan for too long.

I wonder if not liking lamb has a national component.

Lamb is marketed as a defacto national dish in Ausfagland, so I grew up on it here and love it.

Would eat it ahead of beef most times.

Just probably what you get used to.

I acquired the taste for cooked fish as an adult (always liked raw) too, user. I feel embarrassed that I developed it that late but I'm glad I put the effort into trying it over and over until it took, because fish makes me feel so great, is super tasty and often a much healthier option going out.

People often don't realize you can learn to like any food, as long as you don't give up on it.

There's not really any. I wasn't a picky eater at all. There are some things like field peas that I didn't care for, but I wasn't the throw a fit whhaaaa I won't eat kid (per my parents/sister), but I love them now.

I did, apparently at some point, love the shit out of butter beans, and I dislike them now.

They did have the Sheep War in America, which goes some way to explaining it's lack of popularity there.

I hated caprese as a child, but mostly because my mother was using low-quality mozzarella and unripe tomatoes.

Exactly, i thought i hated mushrooms turns out i just hated the disgusting ill prepared canned mushrooms that i grew up on.

fucking love mushrooms

It's such a fantastic herb. Can carry a whole recipe by itself.

Asparagus turned into GOAT vegetable when I reached adulthood.
It truly is a rite of passage

I'm not sure I hated any of these, but I definitely preferred not to have them, and they weren't a part of my regular diet:
Broccoli
Onions
Brussel sprouts
Beets
Tomatoes
Bananas
Mustard

nothing really

Vegetables. As an adult I love fresh vegetables. Or maybe as a child my mom just didn't know how to cook.

I hated almost everything as a child and eat almost everything now

Except for olives I still hate them

I hate coffee.
I hate beer.
I hate onions.
I hate peppers.
I hate mushrooms.
I hate mustard.
I hate cucumbers.
I'm 25.
Deal with it.

You're on the wrong board.

Brussel sprouts, as a kid I thought they were disgusting mushy garbage, as an adult I learned my parents can't cook and brussel sprouts are actually delicious

peanut butter
onions
ketchup

how obese are you?

Lamb shanks. Don't ask me why, I must have been 3 IQ points higher than an eggplant.

Tried them in a restaurant at 17 and fell in love.

>new fav dish for the last 11 years

fish, spaghetti and also

Crunchy peanut butter. I was creamy only for 25 years, and then I began to live.

I recently experienced this change too

>be me
>be 7
>eye-talian family friends invite us for dinner
>prosciutto
lookslikeacoldcut.jpg
>take bite
>nearly vomit

Now I love the stuff. I just can't stand when it's served with melon.

olive

Tomato and mushrooms were the two big ones, but I ate very few vegetables in general. I found out after I started cooking for myself that vegetables are delicious and my parents just fucking sucked at cooking them.

Now I'll eat basically anything.

Beans, peanut butter, mayo, sour cream, steamed carrots, mashed potatoes, cilantro, any vinegar based sauce or dressing (except ketchup), mustard, and anything with cumin (I could not stand cumin when I was little and now it's one of my favorite food)

>now I'm gay
FTFY

You must have a voracious appetite for Mountain Dew.

Everything honestly. I was a very picky child and was enabled, now that I'm learning to cook I'm finding out what I was missing.

>hate
>love
nothing did such a transition really for me.

just some food went from meh to ok.

I didn't hate anything, but I wasn't wild about meat in general until I was a teenager. I'd eat it but only if it was there. I never actually expressed a desire to eat it when asked. My favorite food was broccoli.

You might say I was born vegan and was conditioned into carnism. But I figured out the problem and I'm vegan again. I only eat meat once or twice a week.

Oatmeal.

Used to hate broccoli as a kid, but now it's one of my favorite vegetables.

Cauliflower can still fuck off though.

>vegan
>eat meat once or twice a week
I don't really care, but doesn't this completely disqualify you from calling yourself a vegan?

I used to think so, but after learning about food and cooking from Veeky Forums I discovered that "vegan" just means "that guy eats better food than me and I'm very unhappy about it"

Well, I do eat better food than you, and that makes a lot of people unhappy. Ergo, I am vegan

Olives ! I used to hate olives, now I can barely restrain myself when a bowl of well season olives is placed in front of me.

Avocado.
Blue cheese.
Prawns.
Capsicum

Still hate pumpkin and eggs.

Sugar snap peas. I eat them as a snack nowadays.

I still loathe brussel sprouts. KND solidified my disgust for them.

Green beans. I had no interest in them, because the only kind my family would serve were the precooked, canned varieties you heat up in the microwave. I didn't care for them at all, and since that was my only reference, I assumed they all tasted like that and avoided green beans in their entirety.

It wasn't until I had tasted fresh green beans that were actually bright in color, sauteed in oil with lemon and garlic, when I actually formed an appeal to them. The flavor was like night and day compared to canned ones; they were delicious.

They're up there with my favorite vegetables now, and make a god-tier side dish.

> Feta cheese
> Olives
> Sushi
> Rare steak

All I can think of for the moment. I never hated even the most hated vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts. I always liked them.

Any brassicas at all, due to a chronically Irish gramma who boiled a pot full of em for 12 hours alongside meat shavings, threw it on a plate with her (god tier) soda bread and called it a meal. I love that exact thing now, but cooked properly.

Brie and Camembert. Makes sense. Kids can taste bitter flavors way better, and both have some mild bitterness in their flavor. It totally took over the flavor for me when I was younger.

Raw tomatoes
Raw onions
Coffee
Swiss cheese (and other similar cheeses)
Fish
Olives
Licorice
Tea
Wine
Mustard
Beets
Grapefruit

My. Knee. Grow.

I feel exactly the same way and had the same experience growing up.

Eggs, specifically scrambled. Grandma used to make them and I hated how dry they were

She was a very cold woman but she always made sure I ate something... Died of Parkinsons about 2 years ago

They are the only thing I'll have for breakfast now

Foods previously hated as a child:
Salty licorice
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Rare steak
Sarsparilla
Coffee

Brussels sprouts
Mustard
Cottage cheese

Try adding nutmeg. It makes them taste better than you can imagine.

But that's wrong. A faggot would enjoy meat.

eggs
onion
mustard
mushrooms
green beans

Semen

Pinnekjott, a traditional Christmas dinner of lamb here in Norway.

I used to hate it, but now I consider Christmas cancelled if I don't get at least one meal of pinnekjott.

One of the very few beacons of hope for Norwegian cuisine.

Nobody stuffs filet mignon in their ass, though.

Mutton, not lamb

It's not exactly a food, but cilantro

not with that attitude they don't

Used to dislike avocado and my mom used to make pesto avocado pasta when I would stay at my dad. But now I love it.

As a young child I loved fish and seafood started hating it towards my teens then slowly building up a liking to it again. Now I think fish and seafood might be some of my favorite food.

Dark bread

Mustard

Coffee black

hamburgers and steak. i used to think they looked "burnt"

onion

tomato

green pepper

mushroom

seafood

>my mom used to make pesto avocado pasta when I would stay at my dad.

So your mom's husband has a wife's kid?

Also based on quality, auzland keeps the good meat, we here sell the good shit and chew on the stale old lanolin reeking husks.

pizza
mushrooms

Onion. I hated onion until high school, now I fucking love onion in everything savory.

It also took just recently for me to accept the taste of pickles and mustard. I don't 'love' either of them, but I'm okay with the taste now.

bitter gourd a.k.a. bitter melon ... ... delicious ... ...

Cheeseburgers. Only discovered I liked them because someone finally forced me to try a real cheesesteak after 2 years of living in Philly. They were good and I thought it was weird I disliked burgers after I began eating them regularly

Finally discovered that cheeseburgers are great, its just when they are made with gross kraft singles is what makes them disgusting.

I was lucky enough to have Cantonese friends who turned me around on that while I was still a teenager. Great vegetable.

>you hated as a child
>on Veeky Forums
>not realizing you are surrounded by children

carrots
raw celery
octopus
lotus root

Ditto. It really isn't as bitter as what most people think. Try drinking tea or coffee, both are mildly (say tea and coffee drinkers) bitter, both taste pretty good.

I still hate mushrooms if they are cut to small before they are cooked. The texture of a small bite of mushroom makes me want to die

the thing with mushrooms is that most people eat button mushrooms that haven't had a chance to expel their moisture and properly brown (as said), then conclude that mushrooms suck.

similarly, my childhood experience with tomatoes was bland, mealy, white-in-the-center bastards, and i grew up hating the damn things.

tomatoes
cherries
strawberries

I only didn't like cherries because I thought the syrupy maraschino bullshit ones were the only kind of cherry and I don't have much of an explanation for the others.