So Veeky Forums what have you learned after the amazing bull run and massive crash...

So Veeky Forums what have you learned after the amazing bull run and massive crash? What will you do different when this bear is gone?

I'll just keep on holding
slow and steady user

STOp loss

Won't u sell when u go 2-3x to save your profits before a crash like the one we had recently?

I will put all my life savings in the next bullrun

>tfw biz has not learned shit

no
I don't feel like getting taxed

I mean go into tether so that u don't pay taxes yet don't lose ur profits

what is there is no next bullrun? what if all whats left from here is a slow bleed towards a 10bn total marketcap with minor pumps in the way? ahh the pain

When they rise enough I’ll pull out my original investment and leave the rest to the gods

I learned to buy high and sell low

Crypto to crypto is taxable event in the U.S.

markets just don't disappear or continuously bleed user, or at least not something like blockchain technology

i'll pull out next time a bear market starts up rather then trying to daytrade. lost my december gains in january/february. i should have just pulled out.

also i'm new at this, only got in at 13k in december. i've learned some ta, and that ta can;t entirely be trusted due to market manipulations and delibrate traps. and i've learned to stagger my buy and sell orders and to keep some in tether to buy dips

What about canada? Also, if you buy into crypto from country A then move to country B while you crypto is in Hong Kong exchange, you only pay taxes once you cash out in country B right?

Realize that when everyone is talking about bitcoin, it's time to GTFO. I thought that all the normies buying in created the NEW FLOOR. Didn't REALLY think the rug would get pulled.

The fucking cliche of the shoe shine boy giving you stock tips is true.

Should have cashed out.

unless its all a giant ponzi? cmon this is what we all know deep inside, we just refuse to accept it

everything in life is a ponzi m8

and every ponzi has its end. I think btc from $0.01 to $20k was enough of a bullrun, dont you agree?

>every Ponzi has it's end
well if that's the case when is food going to end?

This

really bad comparison m8

yeah and saying crypto is going to suddenly dry up is dumb
>b-but Bitcoin is ded
so? Bitcoin is a piece of shit and once people realize that it'll be better for everyone

>suddenly
i said slow bleed, could take 1 year, 5 or 10

yeah sure BITCOIN is going to do that
crypto isn't Bitcoin, people need to realize that

are you a newfag? crypto IS bitcoin, every single shitcoin purpose out there is to chunk more btc from idiots who buy the top, no exception

i think this sort of market exposure is good for young people to be exposed to. one day when you graduate / get a job you'll understand how everything works a bit better than the average joe.

also bitcoin is the only one that will make it, plan accordingly.

yeah and that mentality is why the market would bleed out
there's more to this shit than some stupid coin made last decade by some random person
What does Bitcoin do? Absolutely fucking nothing
>hurr but neither do any of the other coins
how many coins are shilled here that are about to have a main net release in the next 3-4 months?

blockchain only solves one technical issue that pre-existing tech couldn't, which is the double spending problem with internet currency. all of these VCs have slapped blockchain on their backs to get funding that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. it's all a sham.

you're a retard, but you don't know it yet.

no coin including btc does anything but pump and dump. Are you buying anything with crypto? oops you just lost potential gains. Crypto only use is holding to sell to a bigger fool, just like gold. It is inherently worthless as a currency

this guy knows whats up

this one's a newfag

Either stoploss or sell at the top.

Buy high sell low

Buying the bottom.
Not fomoing and buying something else if I can't buy the bottom.
Not day trading except a little when in a good mood and really feel sure.
Looking more at the partnerships and the team.

>hurr crypto has no use
yeah I'M the retard
why haven't smart contracts really been attempted before crypto even though the idea has been around since the 90s?
The tech enables them to be used

I now have strategy for big bear markets so I will know what to do next time

Yo whats the date for the next bullrun? I wont have my birthday money until april :(

no serious business is gonna use crypto to use smart contracts cause its value fluctuates too much and they cant risk it, cause they deal with millions and billions, unlike your pocket change. Yes you're retarded, keep holding your link and stfu

teach us more

I will swing trade more, sell at random times just because I feel like it, tether up after a big green candle, buy coins without researching them, spread FUD next to a picture of female buttocks, and sometimes I will MINISTER YOU, SATOSHI.

>he thinks the value won't stabilize eventually
do you really think something can stay this volatile for so long?

>why haven't smart contracts really been attempted before crypto
provide an example where a smart contract can be utilized in a real world scenario (besides crypto currency) and i'll gladly tell you why blockchain tech is not appropriate

>in the infancy of a technology
>HA HE CAN'T SHOW ME WHERE IT'S BEING USED HAHA

When two robots want to exchange goods and/or services in return for financial consideration.

surely you've won over all the readers of this thread with your response. nice work

>stabilize
lmao you just proved your idiocy. A 'currency' with fluctuating demand and fixed supply cannot stabilize, brainlet

Cash out January first. Buy Bitcoin February first. Sell Bitcoin when it retraces half its value then buy into alts and hold.

This board is 99% tards, 1% knows what they’re talking about.

vague as fuck, but i'll go ahead and respond accordingly. in order for the smart contract to be trusted, it would require the funds from one owner to be deposited into it so it can be released to the other party upon being triggered via the contract. this is a very large opportunity cost for the depositor of said money, so there is already a risk applied into a system where there is supposed to be none.

i should have said opportunity risk, if that money would have been invested elsewhere

I believe with Crypto in Canada you just have to treat what you pull out as capital gains.

okay then if crypto is so fucking useless why did Poloniex just get bought by a company backed by Goldman-Sachs?
>it's just to dump on the newfags xD

cause being useless doesnt mean there isnt money to be made, and they're the best at this game

If they're so good why did they wait till after 2015?

>backed by goldman sachs
They’re an investment bank. That’s all they do. They raise capital for other firms, and they helped circle raise capital. They do this every day, it’s their business model. There is no connection between poloniex and GS beyond that Circle used funds obtained with help from GS to buy polo, which means fuck all.

what potential did crypto have before Ethereum?
Bitcoin being a currency? kek
>it's just to dump on the newfags xD

how do you know they havent been involved since before 99% even heard of it? Maybe they waited until there was enough of a user base and the business model was sound, to buy the exchange and pocket the fees

and exchange doesnt dump on people, they make money on fees. Honestly just stfu you are a newfag and havent even denied it

Housing bubble popped at $6 trillion marketcap.
Dotcom bubble popped at $6.2 trillion marketcap.
Seems bubbles can get to that size before popping, so we might have another leg up before everything goes tits up.

those bubbles dealt with actual useful stuff, like homes and internet business. The internet is useful tech, crypto mostly isnt

Not listen to biz

>it's just to rob the newfags xD

Thank you. No matter how bad an idea is don't underestimate the greed and stupidity of people.

>mostly

99% scams

I'd argue pets.com and zombo.com are just like most crypto projects, "all promises and fluff, not actually useful"

Bubbles form anyway before of speculation and fomo, not because of actual use. People throw money in it to make money, not because "they're useful".

All we need to erase all negative sentiment from $20k buyers and reinduce fomo is whales wash trading it back up to that price.

if a big business buys another, its cause they expect to make more money than they put. They make money when going up and when going down. So simple even your brain should understand this concept

nothing and nothing

Yes but there was the novelty in place of an actual useful tech called the internet. If there wasn't, nobody would have been throwing money at it.
Blockchain novelty is wearing off since nobody is actually using it

it's a technology that will literally disrupt global financial systems if they don't adapt. blockchain isn't a novelty.

they may adopt blockchain tech, doesnt mean they'll buy pump btc to millions or buy your shitcoin bags