A brief lesson on currencies that Veeky Forums will ignore

Imagine if I told you that the Federal Reserve had the power to print and issue an infinite supply of USD. You shouldn't need to imagine that because it's how they operate. And you should know the basic Econ 101 fact that when supply goes up, demand (and thereby, price) goes down.

Do not forget that cryptocurrencies are still, at the end of the day, currencies. People investing in shit like XRP, XML, and even ETH, thinking that the currencies will just forever appreciate in value, are fucking stupid. In the case of ETH, there is no maximum supply - new ETH can and likely will be mined forever, which has the net effect of dragging down the price of ETH, forever. XLM and XRP have 70-80% of their coins just waiting to drop on the market and massacre their respective values.

What you need to ask yourself is this: if I don't trust the Federal Reserve bank with the ability to issue limitless currency, why the fuck do I trust some random developers on projects like LINK, VEN, XML, XRP, BAT, NEO, CVC, BNTY, PRL, or RLC to do the same?

This is the final lesson in crypto, Veeky Forums: currencies with maximum caps to their supply will eventually become digital gold. In 5 years, when the final BTC has been mined, the price will surge as supply dries up. The whales will act a regulating force, dumping when prices get too high and accumulating when they're too low.

It's basic fucking econ, but of course you retards will ignore it.

Pic related: sustainable currencies that will "forever" moon.

>t. all in on VEN and LINK

This ETH can be infinitely mined meme is really annoying. It's like .00001 pct inflation after the next ten million are mined.

>10% spike in supply
>"like .00001 pct inflation"

Fucking retard

>In 5 years, when the final BTC has been mined
you mean like around 2140*

Yeah, ten million over the next 10 years.

And it's likely you won't even seen ten million more ETH mined in your lifetime, actually.

>10 million ETH mined in the last year

Retard, I...

>when supply goes up, demand (and thereby, price) goes down.
That's not true though. An increase in supply does cause a drop in price, but demand curves generally act independently of supply curves.

I just meant price. Assuming D stays constant. Am brainlet.

No cap doesn't mean shit.

If I mine 1 coin today, 1/2 tomorrow, 1/3 the following day and so on there is no supply cap but after a while it would take years to generate one additional coin, sufficiently limiting supply. Tell the full story, op.

Idk my only experience i from runescape, i bought a party hat (red) when it was 2.5 mil. Since no new party hats can drop, now it is priceless. In game, you can not buy it for money, just for another party hat. I would only consider selling it for crypto and probably not even that.

LINK belongs on that list, it is a limited supply token with am intrinsic value as it will be used to for staking on its oracle network

Dude everything has a price

thx just bought 100k party hat
(red)

what about your soul, user??

Isnt this when the last btc will begin to be mined? and then 100 years later will be the last half of a btc to be mined? Then in 100 years half of that kind of like zenos arrow where you can always continue to mine infinitely?

>In 5 years, when the final BTC has been mined

In Econ 102, you'll learn inflation is necessary to grow the economy, brainlet.

You might as well consider the 17 million Nano to be "held by the devs". Can still be dumped on the market at any time.

knew a kid that used grooming tactics to lure kids into losing their phats, sold them to the chinese for ~$800
no after the last block the transfer fees just get thrown in the mine and chinese stop stealing all the hash rate due too less profit and the system won't collapse

I guess you missed the part when inflation has a depreciative effect on prices, didn't you moron? Are you not in this to make money?

>what is a mining ice age?

>I don't understand how tokens work: the post
The fact that you think people can print them at will is just a the surface of your ignorance

What about tokens that were created instead of mined? Legit asking here 'cause I don't know. Are they still running on blockchain tech, and just start at %100 pre-mine?

The "last" Bitcoin can never be mined you moron. It's asymptotic, so it will always get closer and closer to 21 million but never exactly reach it. If it did mining would halt and it would be over.

Holy shit lol just stop you're fucking embarrassing yourself. Use Wikipedia for fuck's sake jesus christ

>inflation is necessary to grow the economy
No, and increase in the supply of money is necessary to grow the economy. If that increase in supply corresponds to the increased value of the actual economy, then a decrease in the purchasing power of that money need not happen. Essentially, the creation of money to reflect true value increase is just to counteract deflation. But even that isn't really necessary because we COULD just fraction the denomination of money. The mistake in your way of thinking is believing that the economy wont grow naturally without increased money supply. People who believe that inflation in necessary for economy growth just want quick growth now instead of waiting for it to occur naturally. This can work, but it's like a gamble on the future. You're gambling that the increase of money you supply will be matched by the increased value of the economy you pumped it into. Obviously it CAN work, but there are limits, and people are notoriously bad at limiting themselves once they open pandora's box (the money printing machine).

>mining
>tokens
DURRR

Maybe you feel embarrassed when you ask questions and you're projecting onto me?

Anyway, why don't you stop being a faggot and just share knowledge, or admit you don't know the answer, or just stop posting all together?

Somehow the price went up which completely negates your OP.

>semantics
You sure showed me.

kys. Stop regurgitating shit without thinking about. Are you a pajeet? It's perfectly feasible to have a stable currency where the total supply doesn't increase for arbitrary reasons.

I'm just accumulating more and more BTC with shitcoins. BTC is the only real digital currency

>It's perfectly feasible to have a stable currency where the total supply doesn't increase for arbitrary reasons.
It seems you didn't read or comprehend my post entirely, because that's exactly what I said. But I'm disconnecting the concept of an increase in currency supply, and inflation - the lost value of that currency as a result of increasing its supply.

BCH*

Reread the OP, retard. ETH, like all other coins with increasing supplies, faces constant inflationary pressure. That doesn't mean it can't go up, it just means that it could go much higher, and when the speculative money dries up, it won't go up at all. People talking about "muh mining ice age" don't realize that it's a temporary measure until PoS.

As opposed to BTC, which will eventually be treated like digital gold. The 0.000000000001 BTC that can't be mined won't fucking matter.

>It's basic fucking econ, but of course you retards will ignore it.

read econ 102... to at least 401 and try again.