What lunches were you fed in your school cafeteria growing up?

What lunches were you fed in your school cafeteria growing up?

Those weird square pizzas are what I remember, they tasted like soggy cardboard.

My school had too many kids so everything was ala carte.

I ate french fries and processed cheese sauce every day for 3 years. Fortunately, they had a great weight room.

High School: Cool ranch taco salad day was legendary. "Cheese sticks" were an option every day, as were sandwiches and bagels. Caesar salad was the veg most days and if you had the later lunch the croutons were soggy AF.

Middle school: They had Real Dominos Pizza™ every week! Wow! And this was before Dominos got their shit together. I don't remember much, but I do remember that a tiny bag of chips was $1.50. Oh, and there was a vending machine where you could get fruitopia--exciting times.

My elementary school actually used to bake their own bread and grow their own vegetables and stuff. Pretty rare.

Who /bosco/ here

>leaving the sticker on the Apple
fucking disgusting

We always joked about how it look like he was holding his dick

Those things were trash

Dude I would stuff one pack in my waistband and buy two more. With that shitty generic red sauce, yeaaaaah. I stayed high a lot back in those days

My school had an extra lunch line for the good shit that you had to pay for, my favorite was chicken wings and chili cheese hot cheetos with a cherry slushie

The stickers on fruit are made of edible material

it was mostly pretty generic stuff. the square cardboard pizzas, the pretty lame spaghetti, the only thing i really have any memories of was thursdays. fried chicken day, now I love fried chicken, this chicken was garbage, either it was tough and stringy, or it wasn't cooked long enough, the taste of the skin was alright at best but beyond that i just went hungry. it was always served with undercooked underseasoned rice with a bland watery gravy.

We had everything from chicken sandwiches to burgers. We had the square pizza but we also had bears head sandwiches. They were a bit expensive at 5.25 a sandwich but it beat the school food. We also had a school store that sold muffins, cookies, candy and taquitos. No soda but we had water and vitamin water

going to a glorious british school i had turkey twizzlers and chips on a thursday and pizza on a friday, every other day was some kind of chicken dish or something like sheperds pie. One time they did do some quorn sausages for us which were good, i was probably about 10 at this point but i remember it for some reason

Our were legitimately pretty good.

We had these (they're terrible) but also a different kind of cheese sticks: they looked like 3 or 4 pieces of stuffed crust pizza crust stuck together. They were actually good.

elementry:
bags of milk.
terrible pizza.

jr. High:
Apple juice slushes,
better Pizza,
French fries.

sometimes would go bagel/creamcheese instead of pizza.

High School:
went to Burger King a lot.
Didn't eat lunch most days, would save up my lunch money and spend it on better things.

We had that too. I was usually too poor to afford it but I might get a tenderloin sandwich once a month with some pickles, onions and mustard. I felt like a king as I ate alone. Nothing much has changed :(

The best part of school lunches was apple crumble and custard, but it's hard to forget these.

Usually something similar to the picture.

I usually brought my own unless it was nacho day

Not just a handful of chips and some cheese either. All kinds of stuff for proper nachos.

It was usually Fridays

my mum would buy economy tuna and give me that for food everyday

Why exactly are school lunches so popular in other countries?

In order of appearance:

>that rectangle pizza
>chicken nuggers
>Salisbury "steak"
>sloppy joes
>taco salad
>"hamburger"
>grilled cheese and tomato soup (which was actually good, but served maybe once every two months

and then either peas, peas and carrots, fruit cocktail or peaches (which I can't fucking stand) waffle fries, corn, green beans.

I ate a bag of chips and a Gatorade some days, sometimes a hotpocket. when I had a car I went to burgerking a lot.

school lunches are a joke.

I skipped almost every single lunch in high school because I had social anxiety and the cafeteria was chaos incarnate. I would read books in the library during lunch.

The few times I did eat lunch I remember getting packaged burritos because instead of the pizza that was made of plastic the burritos were simply wrapped in plastic.

My school had a taco line you could either get 2 tacos (chicken or beef) or 2 burritos (chili cheese or bean and cheese) with rice a fruit juice and milk. I would get 2 burritos every day.

Tendie day was always the best. Dunk one bite in mashed potatoes and gravy, and the next bite in bbq sauce.

at my school there was always taco tuesday and pizza friday.Other meals were mozzarella sticks with the sauce in them already.They're were always the "chicken bites" which were little balls of what I had to assume was """""""""""chicken""""""""""" and the day after they served those was chinese food day which was the chicken bites covered in sweet and sour sauce with "lo mien" which was just spaghetti with carrot shavings.

I wasn,t fed disgusting school lunches because my mom actually cared for me and made me sandwiches.

Except on friday cause that was poutine day. God damn that school poutine was gud.

pretty fancy for a school m8. where do you live?

There were schools where a meal (even if it was literal cat shit) was free? My school would give you an apple if you couldn't afford lunch and had nothing to eat if you were really good at whining. A tiny microwave soft pretzel was like $1.50.

Nothing worthwhile. My mom started making me lunch starting in middle school since I'd complain so much about the school lunch. From what I remember, most of the lunches were really poor quality chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and peas, the square pizza that tasted like cardboard, or barely edible hotdogs with tots.

That was during the mid 1990s though, so I'm sure the schools now adays offer better quality shit or at least more variety (to satisfy the vegan fags).

it's actually gotten worse, the food was bearable through elementary/middle, but in high school it was terrible and the same thing everyday. I graduated in 2014.

Stopped eating school lunch in junior high but elementary was usually taco Mac and cheese, Mexican pizza, turkey and gravy mashed potatoes, bread and cheese, fruit like oranges and grapes, salad, and potatoes; pic related

Jelly sandwiches because they either forgot the peanut butter or the school was too poor. Sometimes we'd be served gray colored hotdogs that smelled like sweat.

Thankful I have a loving mother so I brought my own lunch.

What are those things?

Elementary school I only vaguely remember. There was only one option and it was almost always cold and hard. Like it was frozen and thawed but not cooked.
Middle school was slightly better, but still only one option. I didn't eat school food through most of middle school however.

High school was the best by far, mostly because there was a salad bar. The lettuce was usually wilted and shredded into oblivion but it still beat the typical cafeteria fare. Also a decent baked potato bar on Thursdays. Still I didn't eat most days at school in high school. Every Friday was pizza day; half the Fridays there was pizza from Domino's, the other half was a questionable, personal-style cheese pizza in a bag which I distinctly remember checking the ingredients on once with my friends and it contained "mozzarella cheese flavoring." But the day before Thanksgiving break was the best because they always served turkey w/ gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, a roll, and a big slice of pumpkin pie. Cheap of course, but homey nonetheless.

Of course by senior year you were mostly leaving (or at least chilling in your car) for lunch anyways. Although my privileges were almost revoked because I could never get back to class within 20 minutes. Luckily my next period teacher was super chill.