I hate this picture of Lovecraft.It misrepresents him so much

I hate this picture of Lovecraft.It misrepresents him so much.
>Look at this dark and misterious man

While most of the time he looked like this

That's the face of a man who writes non-fiction and nobody takes it as such. It's like he's about to break out into a horrified scream and, in the same fraction of a second, forcefully stopping himself from doing so. And that's his everyday expression. He knew that the negro would bring the Apocalypse, but nobody would listen. Unfathomable.

Could you describe this negro creature?

Dude, the Victorian's called. They wondered whether you'd be back in time for the after-supper lynching.

People thought he was being poetic when he talks about the 'encroaching dark that threatens to swallow mankind'.

Cthulhu wears a yankees cap, and pants around his knees.

I can't, but Lovecraft sure can.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a gb2/pol/.

Nigger
Just write it out,don't be shy.It's how he intended it.

It misrepresents who he really id, but to the popculturefags that's who he is. No one but a few knows anything but CoC or Herbert West or AtMoM

Your wife's son called. He wants to know whether you'd take him to his juvenile court date since his mom's busy with her bull.

>projecting this hard
come on girl

why do popculture fags like him so much?

saya no uta and shit

>muy inspired Stephen King
>muy edgy (in 20s)

Don't get me wrong I think he's great author who knew his genre and how to manipulate inagination, but when you read just two things and don't delve into his other stuff, then you're sort of a pleb. And he actually wrote a couple of comedy plays too. Not all bleak

Cthulhu = Flying Spaghetti Monster
Popular among fedorafags and the Rebbit Army

"Oh no, Cthulhu is at work! *eyeroll* But not really because RUSSELL'S TEAPOT amirite? XD"
"Karma AND Gold, my good gentle sir!"

I didn't understand half of the information.
And even what I understoon can only be awarded with a high pitched sound if "EW"

well, he was basically the original 4channer. so the image fits him perfectly.

>pussywhipped by single mother
>spent his life as a weird loner with idiotic political views and got into verbal screaming matches in the old timey's equivalent of the comment section all the time
>emotionally stunted and passive with other people
>poorfag
>afraid of foreigners

Let's not forget based Robert E Howard
>committed suicide at 30 when mumsy died and the tendie train ended
A real robot and a real human bean.

His fiction is a gateway to nihilism, pessimism, and existentialism. He is actually pretty realistic and his ideas are just fiction built on sober reality. The core of his philosophy is that the universe doesn't care about humans. This is the opposite of the common "special snowflake" centered popular fiction.

But the universe doesn't care about us.
The universe is careless.It cares about nobody.

You must have a three digit IQ to post on this board.

Tell my how could the universe care for us?

Ummm. . . okay. Thanks for restating what I said.

Lovecraft is the Tolkien of horror. They both were men who singlehandedly created an entire mythos and one that is interesting to discover. Although, it may not be as great as the Greek or Norse myths but a single man creating something of this magnitude is not something to take lightly.

fuckin rekt

100 agree
He flagrantly stated how humans were so goddamned miniscule compared to the true beings.
>going mad at the thought of some of the gods
>unable to correctly pronounce names
>unable to correctly perceive the true image of the gods