Who are these people on goodreads with 1,2,3k books read? Is that even possible

Who are these people on goodreads with 1,2,3k books read? Is that even possible

1. Why do you care ?
2. Either e-stats or full of shitty/short books

Inb4 Sebastian

Who is sebastian?

Some guy fucking alot of trannies.

ok. What does that got to do with my topic?

Of course it is. Not everyone there is a teenager. When you hit your 30s, it's entirely possible to have read a thousand books, even if you're not much of a reader. I'll probably be nearing 1.5k by 30.

He spams GoodReads threads every now and again. 9 times out of 10 if there's a GoodReads thread on Veeky Forums, Sebastian made it.

So Veeky Forums gives him grief for it.

let's say you read one book every week. That's feels like a pretty good estimate if you are an avid reader since some books takes less than that and sometimes life gets in the way so it makes up.

4 x 12 = 48 books a year which makes 480 books every ten years. By every generous estimate you can't have read 2k books by 30

I said people will have read a thousand, not two thousand, by their thirties. Assuming they don't count children's books and have read since 10, that's 50 books a year. Considering it's a site specifically for tracking reading, you can assume most people there are "readers." So, that's not unreasonable.

Reading is part of my career, so I read more than most people do. I have a lot of editors, publishers and book reviewers on my Goodreads, and they read upwards of at least 100 books a year. When it's that big a part of your life, you'll naturally read more.

Also, a lot of people get a big numbers boost during grad school, where they're necessarily reading several dozen books a semester on top of books for their own research.

I'm just trying to make sense of it. I guess two books a week isn't that outrageous but still it seems a tiny bit far-fetched. Unless all the books you read are generally 200-300 pages long. I wouldn't also put it past people preferring short books to inflate their libraries

There are a lot of hours in the day, user. And most books /are/ 200-300 pages long; there really aren't that many doorstoppers. Monographs are almost invariably that length, or a little over 300.

>tfw you could read far more if you didnt have video game and 4chin addiction

I sometimes read 10-15 hours a day with around 100pages/hour, I am 28 and have read over a thousand books, so it's possible.

Can you read War and Peace in one day?

I think Bloom said in an interview once that he's read around 100k books in his lifetime. So yeah, definitely possible.

He actually has a decent taste though.

I read ~100 a year. I'll be at 1k before I'm 25.

Average page count in the area of 350-450.

Cut back on shitposting and read more.

Second point is correct, some people just get very excited about quantity over quality and so their reading material barely passes 100 pages.

That doesn't mean the book is bad though.

Plato's Apology is pretty short, and genial

If you often read light, short and fast-paced genre books (thrillers, mysteries, romance novels) it'd be easy to get to these kinds of totals in half a decade or so. Comics? Even faster. If you had no budget constraint you could probably read 250 or 300 graphic novels per year no problem.

I started keeping track of the books I've read in 2008. Since then I've read 560 titles. Most of them are full size novels, with the occasional doorstop -- read War and Peace last year and loved it, took me a whole month though. If I counted the books I'd read before then (in college and HS and younger) the total would probably amount to like 1000 books.

I hate Goodreads though.

He's probably lying desu

>board about reading
>expresses suspicion/skepticism/awe that people can read 1k+ books

it's already known, but shit like this just makes it even more obvious that this board is filled with pseuds

Cut out video games, television, and any movies except really fucking good ones.

I read 3 hours every day minimum. I average a book every two days. My goal this year is 250 books, which I'll probably get close to.

Seriously everyone who birches about it being impossible to read more than a book a week never actually fucking reads. A book a week is like an hour a day of reading, maybe less.

Reading 2-300 page books in 2 days is simple if you you know...read

Not him but I read A Little Life and Brief HIstory of Seven Killings last year in three days, and thats 1800 pages.

Are full of shit, as if you are reading a good (or in a little lifes case, somewhat engaging out of morbid curiosity) you read way faster.

A lot of kids here that read canon stuff because they should read less than people who are obviously reading stuff they like. Like Sebastian

It's goodreads so you can assume they're reading a lot of shit that's not even worth the paper it's printed on.

Most of the NYRB Classics are less than 400 pages, people who equate size with quality are just as guilty as suggests.

You can see their lists tho. The people with 200+ books in goodreads threads are usually reading outside the Veeky Forums hs reading list +memes comfort zone

>A book a week is like an hour a day of reading, maybe less.
Less, I'm at 26 this year and I read for like 30 min a night before bed and in the tub