Cafeteria General

What does Veeky Forums think of Cafeteria style dining?

Personally, I like it! You can pick one meat (chicken, beef and fish options) and all the sides and salads that you like.

The food is fresh and affordable! Tonight I got baked chicken, Mac and cheese, beet salad and cornbread for $6.25. It was delicious.

Do you like Cafeterias?

I much prefer a cafeteria over a buffet where people touch everything.

yeah I like it. one of the few times I get desert.

THERE DELICIOUS

Agree 100%. I feel like it's much cleaner too.

Meat and threes are usually a good bet.

I like it, but the only places that do it nearby are Luby's and the Lu-Ann has gone up to like 9 bucks

Pretty good if they do simple stuff and don't cut back on ingredients

In this area we have MCL Cafeteria
Used to dragged there at least twice a weak when I was a kid.
Went to one a few years ago for "nostalgia"
It was okay, place was filled with geriatrics, and the meal was like $12 with a drink.

Not really worth it.

I do miss old style buffets that were only open for like 4 or 5 hours a day, 4 days a week.
Those places were MAXED on Sunday afternoons

Definitely Not "Golden Corral" tier buffets

Shady Chinese buffets are my favorite

Polish buffets are GOAT

Our community college with culinary often serves their food as part of the curriculum. It's above average food but beats eating at McDs given the price

Yes I like it. Lubys is my shit, Piccadilly too.

>tfw my companies meal plan for orientation was giving me two Piccadilly meal vouchers a day.

Holy shit I ate so much.

I hit up one in college all the Chinese ForEx kids went to and liked it so much I went at least once a week. Eventually the people working there knew my order (brown tripe, chicken mushroom, and stir fried greens) they would get it ready when I stepped in line.

I hate cafeterias. Shit tier food you'd find in a buffet, but you have to pay out the ass for it in comparison. Usually populated by the old and disorderly.

Last time I went to a cafeteria, some beta edgelord slammed his truck through the building and started shooting at everyone. The chopped steak has always been a personal favorite of mine.

>pickadelly
Google pickadelly south texas

But other than that did you enjoy your meal?

Apart from the ambiance being slightly ruined, yeah, I would say it was a good meal.

Does Golden Corral have a bad reputation or something? They're about to open locations in my area and I've never been.

I enjoy their fried fish and mac n cheese A LOT. Cheese cake and blue jello is great too.

>Do you like Cafeterias?

Not usually.

The food isn't fresh, it's prepared in advance and then left out. Also, the food tends to be bland boring stuff that nobody actually wants to eat.

>Golden Corral have a bad reputation or something

Yes. The food is awful, and so is the clientele. You know all that crap online about "worst customers of Wal-Mart?" That's what you should expect at GC. Microwave-meal tier food, loads of ill behaved children, and trashy adults. Loads of fatasses too, "trying to get their money's worth".

Does someone have that Golden Corral pasta handy?

>local cafeteria down in Mooresville, IN
>food is hot and amazing
>pies are huge
>place feels comfy af
If it's frequented by old people, it's probably good.

>If it's frequented by old people, it's probably good.

I've found the opposite to be true. If you see a lot of old people there then it's a guarantee of blandness and boring selection. You can be assured that 99% of the food will be straight out of a can.

I wish automats were more common and served more interesting food

How does one pay for the food at these kinds of places? Is it per item?

Well they're replacing an Old Country Buffet franchise that went out of business...it couldn't possibly be worse than that, right?