What do you guys think of School of Life's philosophy videos?

What do you guys think of School of Life's philosophy videos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rC5QNe5iCvk
youtube.com/user/gbisadler
youtube.com/watch?v=wCEJHxd7KTw
samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/why-does-alain-de-botton-want-us-to-kill-our-young/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Getting preachier with each upload

Lol what bout their lit videos

They are pretty good. I enjoy them. They are not bogged down by metaphysical drivel.

They are quite biased and preachy but ultimately I like them because they show the backgrounds behind philosophical ideas and the lives of philosophers as well as examples of these philosophies in practice.

I unsubscribed when they uploaded that video about how religion was just a coping mechanism for mothers and their dead children.

This actually.

They distort a lot of people views to fit their punctual little life morals.

Same idea as
I really loved their Tolstoy and Kafka videos

Way too watered down to be of any substantial worth.

Factual errors, misinterpretation, bad philosophy, pop philosophy, degenerate, no depth, dumbed down, egoist, reddit.

Yup - definitely very watered down.

propoganda channel that has no idea what they're talking about

Propaganda for what exactly?

youtube.com/watch?v=rC5QNe5iCvk

Public orgies.

this

Utter garbage.

And that is bad, how?

Sounds incredibly boring, I hate having to listen to someone talk for longer than a couple of minutes, if you want to explain something just write it down instead.

Their store

Philosophy should be learned by reading books and studying at university. Anything else is shallow garbage and the easy way out. You can't just teach yourself by watching mindless YouTube videos.

>studying at university
Meme tier opinion.

>>>/reddit/

What about this guy?
youtube.com/user/gbisadler

who in their right mind even needs to have pop culture explained to them through youtube videos. I kind of understand simplifying philosophy but pop culture is in no need of more simplifying.

it's pretty shit. stopped watching them 6 months ago when he had some hot girl basically read a wikipedia paragraph on nietzsche

comment section is cringe also

>2016
>university
>2016

i've never made it past 15 mins of his lectures, he's so fucking boring. jordan peterson is better.

school of life is pretty hit or miss and getting more no the side of miss these days. The recent one on sublimation was actually good though

Why do they misrepresent Christian philosophers?

I like them for entertainment, but if I am trying to actually educate myself I read the works of the people.

Pop philosophy is cancer.

It's bad.

tru

I like most of their videos bite sized philosophy and bite sized biography is just what I want sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=wCEJHxd7KTw
pure shit

Camus one is sort of nice

this one is the worse

JUST
BUY
MY
JUMPER

this this this

This is so bad.

samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/why-does-alain-de-botton-want-us-to-kill-our-young/

im a noob
whats so bad about it

eh

>If the will of the majority can be respected in politics, then it should also be respected in aesthetics

Fucking dropped right then and there.

The ending is pure horseshit speculation. I really don't think the attitude of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is a marketing tactic to sell you ugly products. That's just absurd. Whether beauty is objective or not (I happen to think it's not) the relativist position is clearly just a product of our post-modernist society.

I don't know about their 'philosophy' videos, but their videos about life are fucking terrible. They're full of crazy assumptions and generalizations.

I'd put money on them being written by some braindead 25-year-old. They certainly all seem to come from the point of view of someone that is seriously struggling to be an adult and is surrounded by yes men.

long, boring and self-satisfied

It's pretty fedora-tipping, desu. Oftentimes this leads to them misreading certain philosophers, ex: Kierkegaard.

My take on it is that it's clearly meant to offer little, don't-rock-the-boat comforts and rationalizations to workaday folks with little perceived freedom.

It's pretty much exactly what I'd have my media wing produce if I were an autocrat.

Nice tone-policing Alain.

policing?

Stopped reading when he went on about how ugly he is. Why do people get upset that someone summarizes the ideas of philosophers for people to see if their work will interest them?

i want to fuck that one slag talking about the dionysian

otherwise it's shit