youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What?

Eating is a waste of time.

>a nu-male cuck who can't cook

It's not like I have something better to do

I've tried this stuff. It tastes fucking terrible and makes you fart to no end..

>a meal replacer created by an engineer too stupid to cook for himself and who has done nothing of note in his field

That make that stuff in a rat infested warehouse.

This is like saying 'why do you still listen to Mozart when you could just listen to white noise?'

I tried soylent, the flavor isn't bad and nutritionally it's okay, but by no means should you drink ONLY soylent, as your body will be gurgling and crying for more fucking food because unless you're a malnourished fuck already, chances are your diet consists of far more than soylent offers in terms of nutrition and you'll suffer some serious side effects from the sudden change.

Plus, shit's expensive. REALLY expensive. I can make myself a meal, get full, and not need to eat the rest of the day for like $2. a single bottle of soylent is $3 and you need at least 2 a day.

the whole "I had nothing but soylent for 30 days" thing is just a marketing gimmick, plain and simple. he literally says himself it's so be an addition to a regular diet, something to replace meals with every now and then when you sleep in late and forget to make breakfast or whatever.

Like fucking slimfast.

Are you into asceticism or something?

Why would you want to only eat $2 worth of food per day?

Or do you live in a really cheap country like Vietnam where you can buy a lot for that?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I think I can see where he's coming from.

I'm certainly not into asceticisim nor do I have a desire to minimize my meal budget to that degree. It just seems like poor value for money that a single bottle costs a full $3.

If you look at the ingredients list then it's even more obvious the price is bad. It's not that $3 is a whole lot of money. It's the fact that you get so little for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6zAFA-hamZ0 lol

That's also where they made you

As if most engineers do.

You are confused about that term.

>degenerate MBA or humanities fag detected

Learned a new term today?
You are using it incorrectly.

It's a good, convenient lunch if you bike to school/work. Also almost guaranteed to be way cheaper than eating out, but more expensive than home cooking. I've never eaten 100% Soylent, but it does its job, and I enjoy it when I do. 1.5 is pretty shitty, though. I'd recommend 2.0. Coffiest looks interesting, but I haven't tried it quite yet.

That's only 800 calories.

>as your body will be gurgling and crying for more fucking food because unless you're a malnourished fuck already, chances are your diet consists of far more than soylent offers in terms of nutrition

Soylent is nutritionally complete. You can eat nothing but Soylent and be completely healthy; in fact, probably more healthy than the majority of people in the world. If you're hungry, it's because you haven't consumed enough calories.

>If you're hungry, it's because you haven't consumed enough calories.
It's more complicated than that

Because I'm not sedentary.

Unless you're an athlete, in which case Soylent is mostly garbage because it's not designed to cover the necessary micro and macronutrient intakes of someone who isn't sedentary. Anyone who does anaerobic exercise isn't going to get the necessary nutrients from Soylent. It's "nutritionally complete" in that it hits the baseline necessary for human survival. It isn't optimal, nor is it geared towards people with an active lifestyle.

It's made for skinnyfat office-workers who suffers from ARFID

>It's more complicated than that
It's really not. Calories in = calories out, you maintain body weight. Some people have different needs (athletes), but you will 100% stay alive granted you get the proper micronutrients and an even 33% split between all your macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat).

>Unless you're an athlete
Well they're not marketing it to athletes, are they? Anyone who does heavy exercise needs to substitute more protein in, but it's still pretty great for the vast majority of those they ship to (USA/CAN). It's optimal for office workers and folk in transport. It's non-optimal (but still flexible) for athletes and people with heavy exercise routines.

Either way, it's great to have all your micros covered, even if the macros need adjusting to alternate lifestyles. It's not "baseline necessary," it's optimal for people with relatively sedentary lifestyles. For those more active, add in more protein and salt, and you're covered.

I just use it for lunches so I don't have to pay to eat out, or spend time to prep something.

Dude, this guy has the heroin croaks. Also, soylent is the most retarded shit I've ever heard of. If you hate food so much, maybe you should just fucking starve to death.

I can cook and bake pretty good, but i'm finding myself eating less and less and drinking more and more. From water to blending fruits and vegetables. My latest addiction is to blending water and cucumber. Holy shit is it refreshing.

Daily reminder that the autist who created this gets violently ill when eating a tomato, doesn't wash himself on regular basis because it saves the planet in his crippled mind, killed his gut flora because eating his cum slurpees gives you mad gas and doesn't wear socks in shoes.

i agree with this guy

it probably good as a supplement.
I've been supplementing my meals with those boost drinks just to ensure that I'm not neglecting any of the vitamins and minerals.

also I bet you're gonna feel the urge to stick large objects up your butt if you are a dude and possibly grow some tits if you drink it for like a year or two becuase of the soy in it.

That's not likely to happen.

when your diet is that soy slurry and what ever other liquids you are drinking you bet your ass its going to happen.

>It's really not. Calories in = calories out, you maintain body weight
That's not what you were talking about. You were talking about feeling hungry which is not directly related to calories

It really isn't. I can't even get my head around how wrong this equivocation is.

>most retarded shit I've ever heard of
Not as retarded as your shitty ability to logical connect the elements of your argument.

>$2 worth of food per day?
That's a lot of food. I knew /g/ was full of fastasses but how do you eat that much food in one day?

They moved to a cleaner location

in u.s., official 'frugal' guideline is like $188/mo. for 1 person

I spend about $14 on food every day.

Is that stupid? I make $11,000/year.

Depends on what you're getting for that $14.

More than 2, actually. A bottle of ready-to-drink Soylent is 400 calories. A four-week supply is 144 bottles. $387 a month, not including shipping.
It's significantly less if you order it in powder form. $216 for four weeks.

In any case, a lot of people think "gee I'll just drink it once a day as a meal supplement" in which case why not drink a fucking Slimfast and eat an apple instead?

>Slimfast and eat an apple instead?
Slimfast is less filling.

you'd get the same result eating nothing but a bag of spinach or a banana a day, or both blended with water.
i've done it

In California, maybe. I live on my own for $80-100 a month, easily.

>falling for the cooking meme
what a cuck