Things to eat in denver when you're high

Ok gang , just landed in Denverdam and I am going to get high and eat great food.
Where can I go and meet locals and enjoy their finest regional offerings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI
yelp.com/biz/jozis-kitchen-and-shebeen-denver-2
chadathaidenver.net/
vestagrill.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DUDE

Where are you staying? I'll try to give you good places near your hotel or whatever.

Regardless of where you're at in the city, you should head towards the ballpark and go to Biker Jim's. In a town with lots of great sausage, there's is some of the best.

their's*, fuck

Yes I'm high, but I'm also an expert on good food in this area.

I ate these "chicharrones" at a restaurant in Westminster, among other tasty things, while I was high as a kite visiting Colorado. It was at a restaurant called Kachina and they were unbelievable

Ooooh those look good and I am in north denver right now.
Will look it up.

Get out of this hellhole as soon as you can

All of the urban/suburban areas are either cultureless whitewashed shitholes or gentrified hipster hotspots. Everywhere else is either wasteland or incredibly expensive skiing resorts

Is there no where to go and have nice food and meet cool people?

Obligatory: Rocky Mountain Oysters

*actually pretty good if you don't know what it is*

Santiagos Mexican food. Many locations, go for the breakfast burritos and green Chile.

Rocky mountain oysters are good too, I like the Buckhorn Exchange for them but it's a little pricey.

Root down, is one of the best reset aunts in denver. All the meat come fro. A colorado farm, and the the veggies for thier specials are grown on-site

Voodo doughnuts areally fantastic and open 24-7

Nice thread title.

Acres is a newish restaurant that does american food tapes style which is interesting.

>voodoo donuts

Why do they put shitty cereal on the donuts ?

That's Salt Lake city in the picture, not Denver

I AM GODZILLA AND YOU ARE JAPAN

Cherry Creek Deli for New York Jewish deli food
Continental Deli for German deli food
Spinneli's Market for Italian deli food
Ba Le, Vinh Xuong, or Baker's Palace for Vietnamese sandwiches
Tacos Acapulco for pupusas
Taco Mex for burritos and tacos
Biker Jim'a or Uber Sausage for sausages
Domo for ramen

Here is a tough one:
Where can I get beef stroganoff?

At the gay bar.

youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI

yelp.com/biz/jozis-kitchen-and-shebeen-denver-2

Of course there is. He's just a bitter betty that wont know what he's got until he's living elsewhere and it's too late.

If you want Thai food this will be your best bet in Denver.
chadathaidenver.net/

Check out Euclid Hall. They have amazing pig ear pad Thai.

My people need a place to go.
God damn I love that band.

Well since this thread is here I might as well ask. I'm going up to Denver to see something at the Boettcher Concert Hall. What are some nice places to eat near there?

Vesta Dipping Grill.
vestagrill.com/

Thats a lot of sauwse , sawawse swauce

DUDE

WEED

LMAO

Thanks for your post!

It's my birthday

Thanks for the suggestion it actually looks like it would be good and it is nice and close. Have a nice wallpaper as thanks.

You can almost see my apartment in OP's picture.

This, Euclid Hall is pretty great. Good ramen but poor portions if I had to list a con. Open late too.

Don't recommend Voodoo please.

These are good suggestions.

For pizza I like Benny's on 13th and Washington. It's open super late and just 2 blocks north is one of two 1UP locations which is an ok arcade bar.

Illegal Pete's is great for breakfast burritos.

cheba hut

Buckwheats

buh-buh-buh-buckwheats, for EVERYONE

pizza

Oh fuck yeah Biker Jim's is the best when fucked up.

For fuck's sake, there's even a local dish called chile Colorado and all you can recommend shit from anywhere but Colorado. Go choke on a bagel you fucking muppet.

Woah thank God fucking /thread right here man. Big city people always shitting on flyover and yet what the fuck do they do but suggest a Mickey mouse lineup of ways to larp as someone from a place with actual culture. You might as well list all the food as Jewish because that's who's doing the thinking for you.

And I live near dc, which is fairly blowing up restaurant wise, but am still completely over the foreign=cuisine meme. I'll take regional hillbilly specialties slow cooked over charcoal thank you. Served with some hooch that's made down the road from me.

>chile Colorado
Does it have beans in it?

>chile Colorado
hey faggot, did you mean green chile? if you're going to talk shit, at least know what the fuck you're talking about.

also, I don't think you guys really "get" America or American cuisine. we're an immigrant nation, and our food is immigrant food.

As a midwestern transplant, I'm more partial to Patxi's Pizza on 17th, near the hospital. Great Chicago style pizza, both deep dish and thin crust, although it is on the pricey side. I'm in just getting a slice, I hit up Walters.

I know this is off topic but where can I go for a good tugged?
All the Asian massage places I have been to here are staffed with old ladies.

Well, it doesn't matter whether people call you a faggot or a dickhead, they're just different ways of describing what a fuckwit you are. Arguing over nomenclature is the most fedora of food wanks.

>chile Colorado
no faggot , he means this

mon chalet on colfax

just kidding i dont know

Nobody eats that here. We eat green chile.

They're not the same thing, retard. Chile Colorado isn't even from here.

Chile Colorado is spanish for Red Chile, you troglodyte

I love green chili goddamn. Fucking EFRAINS MOTHERFUCKER

Cheba hut is mediocre sandwiches for dumb stoners. Go to snarfs and get a prime rib with everything. Shit, alteast go to deli zone. Or savaggios in boulder.

>tfw grew up in nyc and not sure if want to move back after college due to massive gentrification hipster bullshit making it much less appealing
>denver was a plan b in my head

fucc

They're pretty good even if you do know.

Just another cut of beef, man.

No fucking shit. I'm not the one saying it's some kind of Denver specialty.

It blows my mind how hard it is for people to score a bag of weed. Like how hard is it to find good weed? Where do you live? In saudi arabia?

>bitter Betty

Say that to my face faggot not online then see what happens

In all seriousness Colorado is not the place to live if you aren't at least upper middle class and give a shit about culture.

Colorado is a shit place anyways. First thing that happened to me there was two hispanic gang members pulling up and telling me to go to the bus station. Two days later I figured out what they were telling me and I left. Weed was still illegal to buy in that county anyways.
All around it's just barely worth driving through to see the rockies.

>go to colorado
>still have to buy weed on the street
>leave colorado

I only had to ask one guy on the street, but fuck that place anyways. It's literally like time has stopped, dead silent because everyone is so fucking high.

>Chad thai

Anywhere outside of the city is shit, regardless of the state. Denver is a cool place with lots of great food from all over the world and at all price points, a fantastic music scene that rivals LA's, tons of parks and trails, and access to the Rocky's. Sure, the police are corrupt, there's gang violence, and there's pollution, but that's how it is in any city worth living in.

>doing business with niggers and teenagers

>Anywhere outside of the city is shit, regardless of the state.
But cities are always the worst parts of the states.

>high crime
>ugly
>loud
>busy
>""""minorities""""
>hipsters
>yuppies
>poor infrastructure
The only nice thing about cities is convenience in shopping and even then finding parking is a bitch

>high crime
only a problem if you're poor
>ugly
only a problem if you're poor
>loud
only a problem if you're autistic
>busy
only a problem if you're autistic
>browns, blacks, and yellows
You can ignore most of them, and with different ethnicities comes different ethnic food. If you don't like food from around the world, why are you on Veeky Forums?
>hipsters
Just ignore them
>yuppies
Just ignore them
>poor infrastructure
I grew up in the country. The roads and bridges were not fucking good at all.

I mean, if you're some impoverished neckbearded autist or cultureless swine that can't appreciate art, music, or food then I can see how a city wouldn't be appealing.

>only a problem if you're poor
>just be middleclass!
Not how it works. Cities are known as murderholes for a reason.
>only if you're autistic
Nah. Cityfags are the autists for thinking a loud, ugly, and busy place is "nice".
>If you don't like food from around the world, why are you on Veeky Forums?
I can like the food but I don't have to like the people. False dichotomy.
>just ignore them
You can't ignore the status quo
>The roads and bridges were not fucking good at all
That's the country though. It's expected to be rough.
>if you're some impoverished neckbearded autist or cultureless swine that can't appreciate art, music, or food Don't forget high taxes, expensive living, and shitty politics.

Look, I'm sorry that you're poor; it's probably a good thing you're staying out of the city, since us in the upper echelon have to stop over you dirty fuckers when we're out spending money.

You're on Veeky Forums, bro. You aren't fooling anyone.

>only poor people use Veeky Forums
Some of us were born into money and don't have to work OR get on government assistance.

Everyone's ignoring the most important post.

Just get a whore off Backpage.

You have Cosmos in Denver right? Damn good pizza.

I also think you guys have a beaujus which gives you fucking honey to dip your pizza crust in so it's pretty much the best shit when you're high (I would imagine, I don't smoke. I'm not a degenerate)

but those are expensive and a tugger is only 30 bucks plus tip and you get a massage

Owlbear Bbq

>he doesn't sell underweighed bags to kids that go to his alma mater
40 laughs

wat

What kind of bbq?

Denver omelette

almost as retarded as suggesting chili colorado

What the heck is wrong with chile colorado?

Little Anita's on Colorado

Just call up Sebastian, he knows about it.

Also, i've heard Sabrina gives sloppy titjobs.

kill me

>Anywhere outside the city is shit
Fatty detected. This state and Wyoming are fucking gorgeous. Difference is this state actually has more than one city. Boulder and Ft Co. I don't even ski and there is a shit ton of neat stuff to do outdoors.

>pic related
Yeah, fucking shit and barren and ugly, amirite?

I ate this in Boulder while visiting. A fig and burrata appetizer. And yeah, I was stoned to tha bone. Don't remember the name of the restaurant but i could probably find it if anyone cares to know

Fuck off, we're full

Anywhere worth living (and Australia) is fucking full.

Wow you're both very convincing. I definitely won't ever consider moving to your locale now that you've told me not to.

Actually why don't you just move away?

You really put the edge in straight edge kid.

I mean in the context of "what to eat in Denver." Neither a Denver omelet nor chile Colorado are local dishes.

I was talking about rural towns, not the wilderness.

Because people like him fear change.

Ok here is an easier question.
Where is the best bean and cheese in Denver.
Los angeles is Robertos on sunset.

When I was in Denver my friend's idiot pothead cousin kept dragging us to mediocre diners and "mexican" joints and he made us get Denver's famous green chili on E V E R Y T H I N G.. Even being high as fuck constantly I was unable to enjoy that slop, especially after seeing it jiggle when the table was shaken.

And voodoo donuts was fucking trash lol. Best thing I had in Denver was a shawarma.

>shawarma
where did it come from?

Some place right next to the university

best burritos in general are at Taco Mex, Tacos Acapulco, and El Taco de Mexico. El Taco de Mexico is almost always busy, Tacos Acapulco can get extremely busy during the lunch hour, and Taco Mex is usually never full due to it being a lot bigger than the other two and having two locations.

Are any of those near Lakewood/Littleton/Edgewater?

El Taco de Mexico would be the closest. Nothing that's far away if you use the freeway, though.

nothing's that*

try to find a proper Bavarian Beer Hall

everything else is flyover tier