Spook

Hey Veeky Forums r8 my Arabic version of Ego and it's own

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_al-Qasemi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know a guy who wanted to translate it, wait I'll send it to him.

You Arab ?

No, I'm Stirnerian. My friend's from Jordan.

Name of the publisher is (منشورات الجمل) that will help him if he's looking for it

The word they used for 'Ego' is kind of wrong. Most of the translated books on psychoanalysis use the word (ذات) for 'Ego'. I don't know why this translator went with s completely different word that's closer to 'Unique' than to 'Ego'.

The literal translation of "Der einzige und sein eigentum" is "The Unique One And His Property" so I can see why they used "Unique" and not "Ego"

>The Unique One And His Property
Interesting.
In that case, the translation is spot on.

Yeah, but too literal. It doesn't emphasize the original meaning of the German words.

Don't they behead people for reading this kind of stuff in Arab countries?

Two different type of idiots worshipping black boxes. Good job.

Great example of how humans find lots of ways to be retarded

"The Unique One" is much better than "The Ego", but it's still not the same as the German "Der Einzige".

You can say
>The number x=3 is the only positive number satisfying x^2 = 9.
>The Zahl x=3 ist die -einzige- Zahl, welche x^2=9 erfüllt.
And here you have einzige, only one.
You might express it as
>The number x=3 is the unique positive number satisfying x^2 = 9.
and you might translate it to the German sentence above, but the already given translation is most suited.
You may switch it up a little and say
>The equation x^2 = 9 has the unique solution x=3.
and now you'd say
>Die Gleichung x^2=9 hat die -eindeutige- Lösung x=3.

My point is that "Einzige" has a strong connotation of "Only", not just "Unique".
For example, you'd say
>I'm the only person on this planet, everyone else died.
>Ich bin die einzige Person auf dem Planeten, alle anderen sind tot.

Unique means one singled out of a bunch, by a particular property.
Only means there are not others.
Einzige really means more Only than Unique, but it's really a mix.

Christfags detected.

"Only my brand of superstition is real, durp."

"Me and Muh Propertay"

I haven't read the book and any knowledge i have about its subject comes mainly from Veeky Forums meme-posting, so i wouldn't really know what the best translation would be.
On a more general note: as a native Arabic speaker, I have given up on trying to read philosophy in Arabic. Especially continental philosophy. Each translator uses different Arabic words to translate the same English or German ones. And a lot of the times they're not very knowledgeable in philosophy so they get the context wrong, or they might confuse some of the concepts with similar concepts in Arabic and Islamic culture. Or even worse, they might purposefully mistranslate some parts because of ideological reasons.
The translator in OPs pic has PhD (evident by the Dr. before his name) so it's probably a good translation, but that doesn't meant that there aren't some awful translations out there. Especially Nietzsche's books.

I'm agnostic, but thanks.

The great thing about continental philosophy is, an ape could translate it and it would end up precisely as nonsensical as the original version. Saves labor costs.

With Stirner, everything in the world is potentially your property (I say you, but really for anyone who realizes himself as a self). Your body is naturally identified as your property because of the control you have over it - you control your body more than your mother or teacher controls it. You don't control the cancer cells behavior, but surely nobody else really thinks of owning it. Maybe you want to be a vegetarian. You own your goals. You can take them or drop them. You maybe own your shoes. You may own your dog, although we see how property has a different quality for different things. There's nothing you own totally, if someone can take it, so that's a gliding notion. Everything you happen to know of can be considered your property. You may say your teacher is your property and you surely use him. You may say your girlfriend is your property. Both ownership are probably weaker than your ownership over your dog, but it's a spectrum. You hardly own anything to a secure extend if some event can take it from you - the control is quite temporary.

Now from the perspective that you can make whatever you know your property, to some extent, it would be silly to have your property dictate your life. Restricting yourself by putting yourself under the vegetarians rule book is spooky. At first it's just lazy, and then it owns you.
You can be the only one calling your actions, all others (things, guide lines, people and also your own body) are your property, to an extend determined by your control over them.

There's a unique one and the rest is property.

It makes live easier if you really own stuff and if your possessions don't destroy themselves. Take care of it, of your body, shoes, people, ... look that they don't fade and find out how you can hold on to them.

I see, so you're an atheist.

Nice bait, but not good enough.

Same difference

Op here, I agree most of the Arabic translations are really bad and hard to understand that's why I lately started reading my books in English though it was abut of challenge I'm getting used to it and learning ton of vocabulary.
The only good Translator philosophy wise is Ali Musbaah (علي مصباح) hey translated most of the books by Nietzsche

In Saudi Arabia maybe but not in countries like Lebanon, Tunisia, etc...

is this actually part of the law?

Absolutely haram delete pls.

It explains the absolute absence of any Saudi literature, I guess.

Yes it is, because sharia law

There's this Saudi philosopher/Author
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_al-Qasemi
Rest of the works by Saudi Arabians are mostly about Islam