If you set your microwave to 1:30 or 1:15 rather than :90 or :75 when cooking, you should be sent to a work camp...

If you set your microwave to 1:30 or 1:15 rather than :90 or :75 when cooking, you should be sent to a work camp. How stupid can you be to press that extra number? It adds nothing to your life, your well-being, and (most) of the people on this board are older than 8 years old and can do simple math.

You know who you are, you are literally the problem with Earth right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to kill yourself
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay

I usually set my microwave to 99:99 and the temp to 1.

Americans please stop

Good thread OP. High quality shit.

I literally just never thought of it. The switch will be made, thanks.

This is just wonderful

This is a gamechanger.

woah..

if you don't have a microwave with the quick heat button that just does 30 seconds and you don't use that button and heat everything in incrimates of 30 by pressing one button multiple times you are waisting your life moving your finger around to all of the other buttons when you only have to press one

Honestly this.

"Minute plus" and "add 30 seconds" are the only two buttons I use.

WOAH..

Add 30 seconds is probably the best innovation in microwave technology ever.

90 seconds
>2 button presses

3*30 seconds
>3 button presses

Retards???

>3*30 seconds
nigga, is this a microwave or a calculator?

1*60 + 1*30

Imputing 90 seconds is 4 button pushes, hitting minute plus and add 30 seconds is 2 button pushes, dum dum.

90 => 01011010
>8 button presses

dumbass

Always start with quick minute or 30 seconds. That way, the microwave starts running after the first press, and then it doesn't matter how many more presses are required.

Unless you're multitasking something fierce and need to only reduce the number of key presses total.

I just use the sensor reheat thing. Works pretty well.

What a stupid thread

Thanks op, super helpful

>not just pressing Start a bunch of times

In the current era of obesity due to improper dietary habits and sedentary lives, I think that pressing the extra button is the responsible thing to do from a personal health and social perspective.

The problem with today's society is that we eschew any extraneous effort, be it walking instead of driving, cooking wholesome food versus eating fast food, taking the elevator instead of the stairs, etc. These "inefficiencies" were actually burning calories and giving our bodies fiber and other things to help it run better.

So by all means, don't press the extra button. Just know that every little cut corner and shortcut is a few less calories burned, which can equal out to lost pounds when extrapolated over the year. Not to mention the increased strength gained from repeatedly doing simple tasks. This strength gain could save your life one day.

No, I think I'll stick with 1:30 versus :90.

I'm super glad that you live a life where stupid shit like this concerns you. Brother / Sister , you are one lucky fuck.

what do you do if you need to cook something longer than 99:99?

I set it to 1:00 and press my start button twice, once for starting it, and once to add 30 seconds.

God bless America.

Why not just press the start button thrice?

>Need to microwave something for 2:30
>Set it for 1:90

Just try and stop me

>mind blown

you are literally the problem with Earth, stop nitpicking other people and go back to cooking you shit

Hey fuckfaces, if you were at your job and told your boss you increased efficiency of a task by 33%, he wouldn't act this way to you.

You're welcome.

>hey boss I accidentally lost 6 hours worth of production data, but I managed to get the weekly index rebuild to run 33% faster! Aren't you proud of me?
Hope your interview suit is still in the current fashion, user

I never lost anything.

I improved all of your lives in one aspect by 33% without any negatives.

Nice try.

Go tell your boss you just spent several hours arguing with strangers on a Mongolian basket weaving forum about the efficiency of microwave timings.

You mean non-productive hours I would not have spent at work otherwise?

>not counting how long it takes to move your finger from 1 button to the other, vice keeping your finger on the same button

Fucking idiot

gasoline and match

implying 33% of 2 seconds is anything but negligible.

you're an idiot.

just because it's a big percentage, doesn't mean it's fucking anything.

I've got $1. oh what, i found another $1. THATS AN INCREASE of 100%!! i'm gonna be RICH!

Hey retard, the idea is you do it more than once.

I know the idea of adding and counting beyond one is tough for you, but maybe google can help.

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to kill yourself

you mean power level you fucking retard

Now you're just being ridiculous

You probably waste more time on this thread than the seconds gained after a lifetime of more efficient microwave usage.

And I'm sacrificing that time to help others.

>the idea is you do it more than once

do you understand the word negligible? it means it's such a small difference it isn't even worth considering. saving, what, 0.025 seconds with this, even over a lifetime, i would guess its no more than maybe an hour, maybe a few hours if you're lucky.

that is so fucking pointless.

also, i'm being very generous with my estimate. more realistically you save under an hour of time throughout a lifetime.

you talk about being good at adding and counting and math and all that shit, but if you were some kind of math genius you would know the result is that miniscule.

fuuuuucccckkk oooffffff

>using cancer machines to heat your food

Maybe an hour for you is useless since you lead such an unproductive shitty life shitposting on Veeky Forums all day, but for others, they like to have that time not pressing buttons on the microwave.

Most humans have a whole five fingers, crazy, isn't it?

Microwaves don't cause cancer, their wavelengths are too large to disrupt the molecules in your DNA.

With the add 30 it usually starts automatically, so with 90 seconds you have hit 9 0 then start, same as hitting 30 seconds 3 times but with less movement.

Isn't large waves a bad thing? Don't they become more destructive as they get bigger? Like a tsunami vs ripple?

No, radio waves are used in telecommunication and they are very high wavelength (especially compared to visible, x, and even micro). Less wavelength is higher energy which can cause shenanigans with molecular structure.

My microwave has a 10m, a 1m, 10s and 1s buttons

No +30 or +1.00

So to get 1.30 I have to press:

Power + 1m + 10s x 3 + Start

I need a new microwave

>1s button

When you already have 10s, what the actual fuck is a 1s button going to do? I can't think of a single instance i put something in for less than 10 seconds, if I'm melting butter or warming up a bun, it will be 10-20s.