I'm a shitter when it comes to cooking and I can't make chicken breast not taste like bland, tasteless garbage...

I'm a shitter when it comes to cooking and I can't make chicken breast not taste like bland, tasteless garbage. What are good recipes using them? I can't fry them cause I'm in a small apartment and the oil will get everywhere, but I do have a slow cooker besides a standard stove.

Chicken thigh advice also welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rLh3a0VOgn0?list=PLZDv6svOLjyzDzTq1EldDfd8LGdUlr8n8&t=389
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My favorite thing to do with chicken breast is heat up a bit of olive oil with some cloves of minced garlic for a few minutes, dip the chicken in, then coat it in bread crumbs + Parmesan. Pour the garlic oil over the chicken and bake at around 425 degrees til it hits 160 degrees on a thermometer, which is around 20 minutes in my oven. If you don't have a thermometer, probably bake it for 25 minutes to be on the safe side.

Also make sure to season everything with salt. Don't go too crazy but salt is necessary to bring out the flavor in food.

BRINE
R
I
N
E

The key is not overcooking it. it has no fat , so dries out quickly. It's hard to get the temperature right

>The key is not overcooking it.

Its all about the cooking process. If theyre cooked in such a way that they dont dry out they wont lose their natural flavours. As for seasoning spanish and south American blends are the best i think

buy dark meat instead

That's not the breast.

Easiest thing that comes to mind is chicken wrapped in prosciutto. Just wrap and season with salt + pepper, then bake in a preheated oven at 450 for 20 minutes.

Also if you want to make them taste even better, slice and stuff the chicken with mozzarella beforehand.

So then what is the "correct way" to cook it? ANy specific guidelines or rules I should follow?

Easy mode: get a cooking thermometer and remove from heat just before the "safe temperature"(it will reach the safe temperature after). Hard mode: learn to decide by touching.

i'm guessing this is some Veeky Forums thing
easiest way to do it good is to do up a dry rub, my favourite is kosher salt, paprika, little bit of sugar, little bit of english mustard powder, pepper and cayenne, put that on the chicken a few hours before you make it
comes out delicious every time, start the pan hot and as soon as you put the chicken in turn it down to medium low, that way you get a nice outside and it doesnt overcook
alternatively, marinate it in something like hot sauce or olive oil garlic and lemon zest or something

Read the fucking sticky.

>bake in a preheated oven at 450 for 20 minutes.

LOL. I bet the asshole you quoted doesn't even pound or slice his chicken breasts for even cooking.

>slow cooker
Abon basah that shit.

Abon basa literally means "wet meat floss" and is the Indonesian term for pulled meat. Abon alone refers to rousong/dry meat floss.

Look up an Indonesian-language recipe for abon ayam basah, then google translate it to English (or ask here and I might translate it for you).

If you want ideas for what to do with it once cooked, lemme know. I've got a good one.

That only makes sense if you're going to grill the chicken. There's zero reason to pound a chicken breast that you're going to cook in the oven, are you retarded?

How do you think people evenly cook entire roast chickens?

wrap in foil with whatever seasonings, herbs and oils

bake at 425F for 30 minutes

joocy

you got a oven?

fucking cornflake crust, also spices are important user, also a nice sauce will save most things

buy an oil screen at the dollar store, stupid

the one on the rigth looks a lil bit pink tho, also thats alot of fucking blood

>slow cooker

SALSA CHICKEN

youtu.be/rLh3a0VOgn0?list=PLZDv6svOLjyzDzTq1EldDfd8LGdUlr8n8&t=389

Starts at 6:29, sorry

seconding this. put your chicken in a plastic bag with salt water and shit like pepper flakes and garlic cloves.

this is a good idea too.

Use a better cut of meat, chicken breast is fucking garbage m8

Don't recommend that shit meme food you fucking ponce

oh stick man, when will we have our glorious sticky

Cook on higher heat for a shorter time. You only need to cook chicken until the meat is 160°. It will heat up to 165° while it's resting and then it's safe to eat.

Overcooking chicken makes it taste like shit.

Cornflake crust is based as shit

Coat it in dijon mustard and whatever else you want and pan fry that shit, shits cash famalama

I like to put in a wrap with coleslaw and bbq sauce

Bread the chicken too, what its called in English?

why dont you try seasoning it, op?

chicken cutlet is realistically the only thing I really use chicken breast for at home

Breast is bland, tasteless garbage - it's just very consistent in texture and easy to cook through. You've got lots of options to make it palatable: brines, marinades, dry rubs, sauces, breading, wrapping with bacon, ect.

Also if you're having trouble not overcooking it get a meat thermometer and cook to an internal temp of 160-165F.

>Cook fresh chopped garlic in olive oil. Don't let the garlic brown.
>add lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh thyme, dried oregano, salt. Combine
>Pour mixture over four chicken breasts.
>Bake @ 450 for around 50 min.

oops, also combine in white wine

Get a grill

meat theremometer?

more like meme theremometer

If you can't tell if a piece of meat is cooked from touch alone then you don't deserve to be in a kitchen.

throw soy sauce, chopped garlic cloves and honey and cover and marinade the chicken in that shit for I don't know how long

then do whatever you want to the chicken it'll taste great, and watch whether you're adding too much honey (it's a marinade not a glazing) or garlic but don't be shy with the soy sauce

God, Veeky Forums threads are always the blind leading the fucking blind.

I make fajitas a lot, usually just with lettuce, salsa, cheese. Chicken Jumbalaya. Tony Chacere's is my favorite seasoning to eating anything straight up when im feeling lazy.

what do you mean, sir?

he deserves to starve because he can't tell between shades of coloring?

The breast is the Shit part of the chicken. Its good if you can Sous-vide it properly and make into a salad or something. Its not a high-end cut and the best uses for it tend to be lower class dishes like tendies or shake-n-bake.

If you want proper breast you have to roast it with the whole bird over an open fire and slice it very thin with a good sauce. I am of the opinion hat a meat that needs a sauce to be good is not worth eating.

>2 largish chicken breasts
>Preheat oven to 220c
>Season with peri peri rub
>Spray with low cal and grease metal tray with it
>Cover tray with foil
>Put chicken in oven and lower temp to 200c
>Cook for 30 mins
Came out really nicely when I did it 20 mins ago

Breast are a garbage part of the chicken that really only works in a few dishes. Theres a reason breast are cheaper in pretty much every other part of the world, because they are more flavorful.

If you have a hammer or the like you can flatten it and dip it in flour, egg, bread crumbs, and then stick it in the oven.

I would just season it with basic stuff and marinate with vinegar.. coconut oil preferred when frying, but not too heavy, keep it semi light so that the heat permeates thru the entire meat.

if i'm cooking it inside i usually coat it in fatty (~6%) yogurt and bread crumbs or corn meal, season and bake it

or bbqing it is good too

Yes.