What's your worst experience with a picky eater?

What's your worst experience with a picky eater?

>10th grade and going on a class trip to Trondheim, Norway
>The class will eat dinner at a restaurant called Egon, which makes pretty good food
>Obese friend that only eats spaghetti says she's skeptical about the restaurants food
>Everyone in the squad in fucking tired of her complaining
>We arrive at the restaurant
>She had preordered steak with spinage on the side
>She gets the food
>Looks strangely at the food, as if she's unhappy
>Takes a bite
>"Nope, I don't like this steak!"
>Takes a bite of the spinage
>"Nope, don't like this either! Disgusting!"
>Sits by the table looking like an disappointed and sad 5 year old
>Everyone thinks she's being super childish, I mean come on, she's 16 years old
>She leaves the restaurant and orders chinese food alone

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/11/grammar-myths-prepositions/
gastropod.com/first-foods-how-we-learn-to-eat/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfCk374GUQIj46VRW-dydG0TsFdv3QgBr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worst I had was some dude that didn't care for vegetables. Not a big deal.

Growing up with two picky siblings and a mother who catered to them. Man, the food at my house was bland and boring because this one didn't eat these things and that one didn't eat those. Fucked up mom's cooking real good.

On my year abroad in Japan, a girl in my program would not eat vegetables at all. For an entire year. She'd also be picky about Japanese things in general. We'd have occasional forced program dinners and she was a hastle most of the time.

WHY WOULD YOU GO ABROAD IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO TRY NEW THINGS

My father in law refuses to eat vegetables of any kind. Mostly he eats things like frozen pizza, nuggets, macaroni (Kraft), etc. And steak (as plain as can be). If the food at any point touched vegetables, he won't eat it.

Cooked something with garlic? Won't eat it.

Put some onions in that lasagna? Won't eat it. Doesn't even like homemade sauce--only the blandest store bought "red sauce" (guess red is more removed from tomatoes).

Side salad? Out of the question.

He's a man-child, pure and simple.

>No salad please

I'm a pretty picky eater myself, but anytime I'm out with people, I'll make an attempt to eat what I order even if I taste it and dislike it.

What do you like to eat?

This one time a dude said he didn't like jalapeno poppers. I caved in his forehead with my .45 then rubbed my erect cock in his juices.

I feel bad for your husband tbqh that must have sucked to grow up with

I like plain foods. Nothing spicy. Nothing exotic. Very few extras. So like while eating a burger, I'll just want the meat, buns and maybe cheese. While eating tuna, I don't want tomatoes, lettuce or celery in it. Shit like that.

But like I said, if I'm out with people and I order a tuna sandwich and it came back with celery and lettuce, I wouldn't act like Mr. Autismo and refuse to eat it.

Don't end your sentence with a preposition.

Why?

You are a gentleman user. Hope someone appreciates that effort

how do I stop being a picky eater?

>spinage
this is exactly how my dad pronounces that word. also "sanwidge"

just eat random stuff. Don't think about what you're eating, just eat it.
Pretend the new food is your next favorite, you just haven't eaten it yet.

Be persistent. Make yourself step out of your comfort zone as much as possible.

>tfw didn't like seafood until making myself eat full meals of it 10+ times as an adult

Judging from the replies it seems like vegetables is a common hang-up for picky eaters. I wish their parents had beat the fuck out of them for literally not eating their veggies as kids.

I also knew a girl who couldn't eat anything other than potatoes and sometimes corn. Noth shitty starches with no nutritional value.

Surprise surprise she's a ham-planet.

To be honest there are a few barriers to eating seafood compared with other food. Here it has to be shipped from the coast, and most of the time it fucks up a bit in the road. I mean, nothing unfixable but the chances to get sick for some reason are quite high. Add that to general disgust for the sea smell, and there you go! user that can't bring himself to eat anything that swam more than 1 day of its life

Ignore him. The rule against stranded prepositions in English was made up by a bunch of upper-class people in the 18th century who wanted to make English more like French and Latin.

Start by stopping being a dumb frogposter

>I wish their parents had beat the fuck out of them for literally not eating their veggies as kids.

Not to dissaprove your rant, but beating kids actually has the reverse result. Yeah, maybe beating them for not even wanting to try it seeems reasonable, but beating them everytime you cook X food creates negative feedback, not craving for that food. Of course, you can keep promoting corporal punishment if you want, but hear me out and try alternatives that wont scar kids for life.

My mother is a picky eater at pretty much any restaurant we go to and she won't eat anything that is even the slightness bit spicy.

Well, vanilloid receptors tend to vary a lot between people, so what you feel as mild, she feels like a goddamn volcano. It can be improved but that takes eating progresively more spicy food, and that in turn takes time and dedication most people don't want to invest. I'm the same so I don't blame her

not that user, but i tried this kind of stuff and now i just feel ill seeing the foods i tried this with bc i associate them with how gross they were the first time i tried them
What I did that helped was that I took foods I knew I could prepare similarly to foods I like, and then I prepared them that way until I actually liked the result, and then I'd move a little bit further away until I was making unique dishes that highlighted the food, which expanded my palette
For example, for tofu I started with General Tso's Tofu, then made Mapo Tofu (where the texture and taste is a little more on display), then i tried a cold teriyaki baked tofu with salad, and now i like eating silken tofu. It was important for me to try to learn to like the taste before i tried to tolerate the texture, but for some foods it can be the opposite.
learning to season foods for your tastes can also make a lot of things way more palatable. i almost always ignore seasoning instructions on recipes when i make food for just me.

No one refused to eat vegetables 50+ years ago when you would be beaten for not eating your food. muh reverse effect is marxist bullshit.

>tuna, I don't want tomatoes, lettuce or celery in it. Shit like that.
da fuck? Tuna has just tuna in it. Do,you mena tuna sandwich?

This is what I mean when I said you could keep preaching. I did my part tho, so go ahead and make the world a little worse user.

I got a smack when I misbehaved as a kid and I'm a well adjusted person. Don't know what people are on about when they say a smack on the butt fucks a kid up for life.

Its just another new-age way the kikes can put wedges in nuclear families. Properly disciplining you kids and establishing principles makes it harder to brainwash and turn them against their elders later on.

Why the fuck are you on this board, you fucking idiot?

To discuss food and cooking, why else?

>tfw I'm slowly falling for someone but they're a picky eater and I know if things work out I will be miserable eating with them forever but I can't stop feeling the way I do

You did end up on Veeky Forums though

blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/11/grammar-myths-prepositions/

lets face it, Veeky Forums is for normalfags now.

Don't worry, you won't end up with her anyway

>boyfriend is a picky eater
>eats like a child
>never eats vegetables
>only ever eats stuff like hot pockets
>talk about this maybe being an issue if we live together and I cook for him
>'I'll just have to get used to your cooking'
>used to
>your cooking

I dont think this relationship is going to last.

You should have forced her body into shape and inseminated her.

This is me, except I'm already in love and the trick is to have friends that you can eat out with separately, or just eat out by yourself.

Sounds like me desu, it's an actual disorder and is more than an unwillingness. I have sat out from things in the past out of a desire to avoid causing problems with my diet. I generally try to not cause problems for people though, opting to sit out of something entirely over having people cater to me specifically when I have to attend something. I can relate to where she's coming from but there's a difference between not eating the things and demanding that you be catered to. Plus if it were me, I would probably not take up the offer if it had such requirements surrounding food.

This is why I've given up on relationships desu. I can't see myself subjecting someone else to this hell.

im a slightly picky eater i dont mind steamed vegetables or veggies in soup or stew but god damn i can not eat a salad i hate cold food i also wont eat sushi i believe its a meme

You beat dogs when you don't want them to eat something.
You don't think the same thing works on humans?

I went on this group tour of europe with some other kids

This one restaurant we went to in france premade this giant order of soup for us as we were scheduled to stop there by our guide. The soup I don't remember what but it had mushrooms and there was this one girl who was your typical spoiled-brat and she refused to eat the soup since it had muchrooms in, the chefs came out and yelled at our guide for 20 minutes arguing in french and then they remade everyones soup with no mushrooms. I just remember being really upset because I wanted mushrooms in mine.

I don't even know why she came with us she was the biggest baby, absolutely refused to eat anything more than literal white bread and butter through most of the trip, didn't even eat her soup sans mushrooms in france after having a hissy fit about her hating mushrooms, literally cried everyday because she missed her mom and was super pissy the entire trip.

what else should he of said? dont be a woman about it

I can't understand picky eating. I've always been excited at the prospect of trying something new, something I'm not used to. Breaks up the monotony. I've had them in my life and theyr'e the bane of my existence.

>be 10/11
>have friend at school
>only ever seen him eats chips
>invite him over to my house one day
>mum makes sausage and mash with peas for dinner
>family sat around dinner table
>friend's face when presented with food is utter horror
>family realise he's not eating anything, ask if ok
>he looks fucking terrified, on the verge of crying
>mum starts gently asking what's wrong
>he doesn't speak, looks in a state of shock, eyes welling up
>mum asks if the food is ok, starts suggesting other foods so he doesn't burst into tears
>finally nods when she mentions chips
>mum forced to make them while dinner goes cold
>when presented with them, he eats them quite happily, as if nothing happened
>family laugh about it after he's gone home
>never invite him over again

Was this his mother?

>worked at a summer camp
>girl does not eat anything
>refuses to eat
>offers yogurt
>bananas
>cheese sticks and pretzels
>she doesnt eat any of it
>one counselor gets the health supervisor
>supervisor tells her she needs to eat or she goes home
>eats two pretzels and a cheese stick
>eats two bites of an apple
>talk to camp director and look over health forms
>notes about being a severe picky eater
"Will only eat chicken nuggets and french fries."
>kitchen staff is mad as fuck
>refuses to make them for her every meal

tldr; this dumb 4th grader refuses to eat anything and we ended up sending her home because she started a fight with another girl and a counselor. Fucking hate working at summer camps.

Maybe you cook like shit. Never tought of that didnt you you entitled millenial?

Me. I'm 28 and just now beginning to sorta appreciate mustard.

I know that feel. I'll get her to eat eggs if it kills me. then I'm going to stick my tongue in the place where she keeps her eggs.

I hope she gets through high school okay. I really do.

I cut sandwiches diagonal instead of in half....they refused to eat them.
Those ungrateful spoiled bastards.

My now husband mother and her bf
>she was picky for medical reasons
>not a problem ask her what she wants and I'll cook it special for her
>"what I want I can't have so there is no point...I'll just have a salad"
She would then say what I made smelled good during dinner and guilt everyone for eating.
He bf was far worse
>Mexican but hates spice
>hates veggies all kinds
>loves salt
>all foods have to be deep fried but if briebed will eat it
>needs to know everything done to the food
>steak burned and chared
>loves pre packaged food (snack cakes, cookies, chips)
I tricked him into eating a vegetarian casserole and he made it half way through when the mother in law made a comment about it smelling so good. He got mad, threw it on the floor and ate ice cream instead.

> I wouldn't act like Mr. Autismo and refuse to eat it.

Good shit senpai

And your husband turned out... ok?

chips as in french fries or baked potato slices? I need to picture this right.

As someone who dated a picky eater, I'm going to tell you to stop in your tracks. it was a big hassle logistically and it made going out to eat, especially with my friends, a pretty stressful experience.

also, this might not be the case with your person, but my exgf's pickiness and lack of willingness to try things were tied to larger neuroses that also hurt our relationship.

plz steer clear :(

Oddly enough yeah. He eats everything except peanut butter and jelly. His mom would make him that all the time. His dad, when he was alive, was a cook so he taught my husband everything he knows. So he has just been more open to food. Sadly we never cook when they come over now we just go out. It's hell on the wallet.

French fries

Ayyy you're all right user.

Yeah my girlfriend wouldn't do anal either.
You made the right choice

You remind me of a cunt that got killed from a group of angry bald men that fucked her in all sorts of different holes.

Well, she didn't die from all the fucking but there were too many hard FUCKING cocks and the dumb cunt didn't have enough holes so they stabbed her in the belly and in the back. They used those wounds as vaginas and fucked her till she bled out.

No single experience I can remember but I just can't deal with them. Especially the bland/boring types who think that people only eat bitter or spicy foods to prove how tough they are or something like that. There's more flavours than sugar and grease, fuck.

What are the health problems that could come from never eating vegetables/fruit/nutrient rich food? There's at least two guys at work that literally eat nothing but brown stuff - bread, fried chicken, pizza and fries etc. They aren't overweight so they don't see the problem, but surely you could get serious issues later on?

Nah, theyre gonna be fine

>Eat shitty + Excercise = Good
>Excercise + Kale and soilent faggot diet = Bad

But aren't there some key vitamins in vegetables and fruit that are pretty much mandatory to stop you getting sick all the time? Or is that a meme?

nah, my normalfag friends think I'm the fucking edgy one for being on Veeky Forums when they spend most of their time on reddit making edgy jokes

Picky eaters who raise a platoon of picky eaters and take them in a minivan to the drive thru and they have to special order each item while I sit there behind them and judge the faggot who doesn't like onions

I wouldnt know if its a meme to be honest. I eat veggies almost every day but dont eat any fruit besides lemons or avocado, and I rarely get sick. I also dont drink a lot of milk. And once a week I eat fast food and maybe 3 times a week coke. Also smoke everyday like 3-6 cigs. I rarely get sick but when I dont drink or eat sugar my head hurts

I'm a super picky eater and anytime I attempt to try new things I get a gagging sensation in my mouth and I can't go through with eating it. I just gave up entirely on trying to branch out my taste in food, I've never had every vegetables but potatoes, onions, and carrots. I've never had any seafood and I refuse to eat any time of pasta except spaghetti noodles with butter. I get crazy anxiety in any social situation that involves eating and I've given up on trying to get a girlfriend until I can somehow fix my problem, because I'm afraid of being ridiculed.

starve yourself until you have to eat whatever is in front of you then eat

if you don't have the willpower to do that

go and get shipwrecked on an island and grow up you faggot

Poor guy...

If you think you've tried everything then try a therapist or hypnotism.

Your problem is mental. Think of it like this: if it really is inedible, how have people survived on it for so long? It's a self-fulfilling ailment. Yeah, it might taste weird, or have a wholly unexpected texture, but it's still just the rind and flesh of another thing.

How old are you?

>Call him a poor guy
>Use the worse pizza as an example
I want Hawaiian pizza fags to go and stay go

Mr. Savant over here stfu

Nice trips.

My dad wouldn't let us leave the table if we didn't eat our vegetables. He said "If you eat something 11 times, you'll like it".

I have yet to prove him wrong. My dad was awesome. Great cook, too. He is a vegetarian, yet still served us meat.

I think we're the opposite personalitywise but the same, I could easily eat a burger with just cheese or tuna salad sandwich without all of the additional shit but i'm never giong to say no to the extras. Then again i'm the person who wants mushrooms, garlic and spinach on pizza and if no one jumps on my suggestion i'm fine with whatever.

>start dating french model
>worried she'll be either pretentious or picky
>she teaches me how to make crepes the first time i go to her house
>loves taco bell, wendys and Popeyes
>get too drunk and try to have a threesome with her and her friend and she breaks up with me.
>eat mcdonalds to celebrate
>it tastes like shit

haha I thought I hated everything until I realized that my family just sucked ass at cooking.

>His dad, when he was alive, was a cook

lol this conversation. it's so fucking believable but ridiculous.

>10th grade
They will probably get over it once they start living alone. I was a picky eater too until started cooking myself.

Used to be a picky eater when I was little. The only thing I'll absolutely refuse to eat now are brussel sprouts.

k

>Few years ago
>Wanted to take (now ex) gf out for dinner for her birthday
>She said she loved Italian food, so I picked out a semi-expensive place
>I knew she was a picky eater so I had her look at the menu ahead of time
>She did, and decided on chicken marsala
>We get to the restaurant, I order the same meal for both us
>We get our plates
>Chicken looks awesome, side of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes
>She makes a disgusted face
>Starts scraping the mushrooms off her chicken
>Leans down and sniffs the spinach, makes a face
>Scrapes as much of the sauce off the chicken as she can
>Cuts it up in tiny pieces, mixes it with her mashed potatoes
>Shovels it in her mouth with a spoon
>Waiter asks if we want dessert, she orders tiramisu for us to share
>We get it, she takes a bite, makes a face
>"Can you eat the gross part off the top for me?"
>By 'gross part' she meant the cocoa dusting

She pulled that shit all the time. She would order things mainly composed of ingredients she refused to eat and then would pick/scrape at her food until it was "acceptable." In addition to mushrooms, most sauces, and anything unsweetened, she refused to eat: tomatoes, pickles, onions, garlic, eggs, all seafood, most cheeses... She basically subsisted on a diet of sugar, milk, fried food, white bread, and alcohol.

THANK YOU
all these stupid fucking tasty videos everyones sharing. all fucking sugar, grease and dough jesus christ, half of that shit doesn't even looking appealing

When I was a kid I hated onions. The taste was too strong for me. Tell my mom I don't like them, she all "like hell I'm going to cook without onions user." Instead she cut them into big pieces so I could pick them out. I realized later on that I liked the flavor of onions, but it was too intense in large pieces, so mom cut them super small so they blended into the food. Problem solved forever. Now I eat at least one onion a day. Thanks mom.

All you picky child-Anons, try this. It might be suitable for you:

gastropod.com/first-foods-how-we-learn-to-eat/ 36:50

I'm not a picky eater in general but raw tomatoes were my kryptonite for a while. I got over it by eating raw tomatoes with things that I liked a lot. Eg, putting tomato on a burger. I think the thing that finally got me liking raw tomatoes was this. The combination of tomato, basil, and mozzarella is so great that I can now eat raw tomato in any sort of dish and enjoy it.

I used to be like this when I was a little kid, looking back, I feel really bad for my parents, who were diverse and technically excellent amateur cooks.

Look, you have to get yourself into cooking. Start watching Good Eats, Iron Chef, any cooking show that talks about ingredients, where they come from and their versatility in the kitchen in many different kinds of dishes. I discovered that I hated brocolli and cabbage as a kid because when cooked a certain way, it smells like sulfur (rotten eggs) and although my parents never cooked broccoli that way, others did like the cafeteria, and I grew to resent it. When I asked my parents about it in high school, they responded with making me stir fry beef and broccoli and I started to like broccoli and cabbage. I am now a relatively adventurous eater and I got into cooking a lot of food from different countries. You have to wrap your head around where an ingredient or food comes from, how it may be prepared at home or even industrially, (watch some How It's Made on youtube, here's a playlist youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfCk374GUQIj46VRW-dydG0TsFdv3QgBr ) and you will soon understand what makes you tick. Once you understand more about food and how to cook , you will naturally start branching out on your own. It'll probably take a year or two, but you can do it. If you can't, well, consider suicide.

I feel bad for people who don't live on the coast. Seafood is GOAT. Pic related.

I hate white knights as much as anyone but... wtf this is Veeky Forums. We should hate the person that can't eat vegetables, not the person who bitches bout it.

>It's an actual disorder
Keep telling yourself that you unbelievable faggot. Or you could stop being a little bitch and just eat what you're served.

Well you see these are spoiled millennial brats who have been catered to their entire lives and have never had to try something they didn't already know they liked because their parents were to lazy to raise them properly.

At least you are improving.