Why do I hate mushrooms? I've tried eating them time and again, but I hate everything about them...

Why do I hate mushrooms? I've tried eating them time and again, but I hate everything about them, the texture the taste everything. Plus it's a fungus so it creeps me out eating it. Are mushrooms really that good? Am i missing out on anything?

How were they prepared and what type were they?

If you dont like them you dont like them. They are good for you but plenty of substitutes for the nutrients they contain

the only ones i like are slamshell ones, portobellos suck. also try mushrooms in a tom kha gai

Usual mushrooms, in soups/wraps/rolls/pizza

>hey user you can have a slice of pizza if you want
>open box
>perfectly good pizza ruined with disgusting fungus
>n...no thanks

I just pluck them out, retard

White button mushrooms are awful; they taste like musty dirt.

My favourites are enoki.

I love mushrooms but it is really spooky how fast they grow. What if one just kept growing? The world would be mushroom.

>get some good mushrooms
>slice them up nice and thin
>get a pan nice and hot
>add some olive oil (not EV)
>add salt
>saute until moisture is gone and mushrooms are browned
>eat straight from pan

if you don't like that then you just don't like mushrooms. no big deal

They taste like dirt and have the texture of earlobes.

raw mushrooms have a much nicer texture than cooked. they're very firm and have a good bite if fresh.

i also prefer the taste of raw.

Because you are a bratty millennial.

mushrooms are the best the grocery store by my work sells giant scoops of whole mushrooms cooked in spiced garlic butter and I can literally just eat a bowl of it

They're a good addition to carbonara. Just fry them up with your pancetta.

Mushroom hater here, did this and they were tasty.

Haven't had that in a while, will be dreaming of the creamy goodness tonight

The most delicious mushroom is the shiitake.

This.

Mushrooms actually pregrow 60-80 percent of their reproductive structure (the part you actually eat) and simply wait for the right conditions to spring up.

Oregon is already well over .0034% mushroom. It has already begun.

They've got so little nutritional value that you're missing nothing by not eating them, don't worry about it. People only like them for the texture/flavor.

Did this with a puffball I found in the woods near my house, absolutely fucking spectacular.

Fresh, raw, thinly sliced in a salad is how I like them.
Bleu Cheese Dressing.

Best thing is, you can buy half a kilo, stick them in your frig, come back two weeks later, and find a whole kilo.