The Winds of Winter (Book Six of ASOIAF)

What are the realistic chances of the next book being released this year?

Literally 0%

Early 2017 then? Before the final season hopefully.

No chance in hell.

First of all, the dude is obese and more than likely has health complications because of it. Secondly, he's lazy as fuck. He clearly doesn't care about writing anymore, otherwise he'd be writing every day like anyone who's serious about their work does. He's loaded thanks to HBO and all the royalties from the increased popularity. He just wants to blow through as much of it as he can and have a good time before he kicks the bucket in the next few years.

Lastly, why does it even matter? It's not even the last book in the series. On the incredibly unlikely chance he finishes it and gets it published this year or the next, you just know he's going to take a break after he finishes like he's said he does with every book. Then it's going to be another 5+ year wait for him to finish the last book, and there's even less of a chance of him surviving long enough and staying focused enough to finish.

If you care that much about the series, just watch the HBO show and be happy it'll get any sort of conclusion at all.

Maybe early 2017? God I hope.
Feast for crows was terrible IMO, but Dance of dragons gave me hope; I just want him to finish it already.

Hopefully never since the series is shit.

Really? I found the opposite. I liked the new stuff introduced in Feast for Crows and felt like stuff was progressing, just slowly. I'm over halfway into Dance of Dragons for the first time right now and I don't give a single fuck about any of the new characters, and none of the old characters have done anything. The entire book has been Tyrion going somewhere, Bran going somewhere, Jon waiting, Daenerys waiting, and Theon going from interesting to repetitive and mind numbing. The second half better be fan-fucking-tastic to make up for all this blue balling.

Feast for Crows dragged a bit in places, but Dragons has been just a chore entirely.

stay in your containment thread:

If it were close enough to being done for it to release this year then he would have rushed to have it done before this season started, to boost sales. Since he didn't it's probably pretty far from being done.

>muh Infinite Jest

he's been working on the last book too. its not like once he finishes book 6 he'll have to start the last from scratch

By that logic he didn't have to start 6 from scratch either, and it's still taken him this long.

It's coming out this month

who fucking cares

Rumors say it might be released this month

Kek sure

From what I gather, his problem is that he doesn't know how to tie all his storylines together.
He might just suddenly see the light and finish the book.

>realistic
>

His problem is that he is a bad writer and has written himself into a corner. He spun too many storylines off in order to make more money and now it is impossible to tie up.

How come?

Fucking Dorne. I don't think I care what happens to a single character in Dorne. At least the pirates have Theon and Davos's storylines sort of kind of connected to make them a little interesting. And having Daenerys waiting in one town for three books was the single worst thing GRRM could have done. She started out as my favorite storyline and now I seriously consider skipping her chapters when I see them.